Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's simply much easier to hate on it as long as it has nothing on it's own to shine so far. I could think of a good reason though, the mass of clichés combined with how chewed up those are already doesn't help it much. Like, how many more characters do we have to see that are somehow part of the noble-common folk plot line?

Yes, it's very easy to hate so many clichés, it's horrible to read the manga and immediately see another in your mind, but this is a question of taste. I personally know people who prefer it, who like that sort of thing, and are from these readers, who like a shounen battle where we don't have to think too much and simply in delivering strong fights and powers, that Black Clover win their votes and sales.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

No one to talk Devily-man is a shitty manga and a copy of Kuroshitsuji? :p




Well, just kidding :^_^
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Yes, it's very easy to hate so many clichés, it's horrible to read the manga and immediately see another in your mind, but this is a question of taste. I personally know people who prefer it, who like that sort of thing, and are from these readers, who like a shounen battle where we don't have to think too much and simply in delivering strong fights and powers, that Black Clover win their votes and sales.
I don't think the problem is the cliches (after all, every manga in Jump has cliches), but the way they are used (if the writing is very similar and without any personal touch certainly will feed these "accusations"). But let's forget about it. :)

Preview Issue #27
Lead CP & Cover: World Trigger
Center Colour: Devily Man (25p), My Hero Academia, 4 Jump + Special Chapters of WSJ Spin-offs (32 p.): Magical Pâtissier Kosaki-chan (Spin-off of Nisekoi), Kuroko no Basuke - Replace Plus, Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile, Let's! Haikyu!?
Extra Pages: Lady Justice (23p)
Wow! A lot of spin-offs!!
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think the problem is the cliches (after all, every manga in Jump has cliches), but the way they are used (if the writing is very similar and without any personal touch certainly will feed these "accusations"). But let's forget about it. :)
Yes, the end point was given~
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall


Kishimoto
talking with one of his great influences.

Oda feeling "alone" (he, Akimoto and Togashi are the "Jump Grandpas" now).

Komi congratulating Yokota (Leoat will be crazy XD)

Horikoshi keeps spending all his money with figures. Fucking nerd.

Shimabukuro and his subliminal sexual messages.

Ashihara talking about money.

Tabata
gets a lot of gifts from his editor, practically every week.

Kubo... well, Kubo doesn't give a fuck.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tabata-sensei must have huge dark circles, both by what he says and complains of sleep.

It's always nice when a mangaka shows gratitude for all the help and says he is happy to be published, good luck with Devily-man, Fukuda-sensei! :)
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Horikoshi, say no more, man. I already like you as is. I don't need anymore reasons to be fanboy of yours. Seriously, though, every time I ask the question, "How much more awesome can Horikoshi be?" and each time he just ups the ante. I would love to have a beer with the guy and just shoot the shit about Marvel comics or something. :nerd
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
I don't know if someone mentioned it before: Regarding Oda's comment, Hiroyuki Asada (Tegami Bachi's mangaka) tweeted almost 2 weeks ago that he went to the Naruto exhibition with Masashi Kishimoto, Eiichiro Oda, Akira Toriyama and Takehiko Inoue.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I find it kinda hilarious to say that a series like Lady Justice isn't made for western audience, as if there aren't enough books or movies in the western world where women get reduced to sex and fanservice. Didn't read Lady Justice so I don't know if that's the case here or not, but it's a often used process in lots of western media too, that's why there's no need to talk from a high horse and deem the eastern or japanese community as especially perverted or mysoginistic. The main reason why we're not getting this in ESJ simply is because the american society can be pretty prude when it comes to even the smallest amount of fanservice, especially when it can easily be accessed by children. The only real difference I see between Japan and the Western world is that their society is a lot more open towards fanservice of every kind (which involves women, men and whatever else you can imagine), while over here it's handled in the "back alleys" and talked about more discretely. If that's better or worse is up to discussion, but the amount isn't higher or differs immensely, it's simply more visible.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I read Lady Justice's first chapter.

I feel very conflicted about it. I felt like, there's something really devoid of personality. The characters felt SERIOUSLY cookie-cutter. Even Lady Justice's sexy attire in the colorpage felt uninspired and unoriginal. But...I think there are a lot of different ways it could go. It could be like Kill la Kill where the ridiculous levels of fanservice is compensated with plenty of action and badassery, or it could be To Love Ru. This is one of the few first chapters where I'm confused on what I want.

I do think its greatly improved from the oneshot, so that's a plus. Also did anyone else think Lady Justice's superpowers were identical to Supermans? All she needs is a kryptonite-like weakness and an alien backstory.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And after three chapters Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club, I dont think Id miss this series if it wasnt in WSJ. Though I would if Tsucchi's friends were able to join and dance together in club like they were. Otherwise, though I do love School Club series and have it as the best genre, this form of dancing isnt as exciting as Tribe Cool Crews modern hip hop dancing. Oh well, maybe in some AU this series will get popular and get animated. Though Id be bitter that Soul Catcher(S) didnt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow This is some collection that Horikoshi has. ALSO

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I wonder If Horikoshi someday will make appear some characters of Marvel in his manga:)
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
He already did in chapter 1
I mean as true characters,not a simple citation.
But I don't think it could be possible because of the copyright
 

Bluenotebook

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
63
Reaction score
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean as true characters,not a simple citation.
But I don't think it could be possible because of the copyright
No, it's not. Not at all.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I would be fine to see some Marvel-inspired characters in MHA, like a Dr.Doom or Apocalypse. But I'm really surprised that Horikoshi IS a comic book fan. Didnt expect that.
 
Last edited:

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
This reminds me the "free talks" in the volumes of Rurouni Kenshin.
Watsuki always reserved a space in the pages to talk about the X-Men's figures that he bought.

Btw, someone read that crossover of the Avengers with SnK?
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Btw, someone read that crossover of the Avengers with SnK?
I did. It wasnt that entertaining. The titans are frightening enemies against (weak) humans, but the Avengers are too powerful. It was a pretty one-sided battle and the artstyle wasnt really appealing.
I do like the idea behind this(the titans Vs superheroes), but the outcome was very underwhelming.
 
Last edited:

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So it worked only as propaganda.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top