Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
if Saiki big announcement is an anime adaptation I'm gonna be so happy

I don't even care it it's done by Toei, I will still be ecstatic
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hoperfully those are just some jokers and not people truly serious.
I get it. You really, really like BC, but come on, dude. Even you have to acknowledge it has some glaring flaws, flaws that would have probably gotten other series canceled by now. I am hoping, given a little more time, these flaws will be more or less be a non-issue. BC has a wealth of potential, and I want to root for it. Truly I do, but as it stands at present, I cannot bring myself to praise Tabata for how he is handling BC.
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I get it. You really, really like BC, but come on, dude. Even you have to acknowledge it has some glaring flaws, flaws that would have probably gotten other series canceled by now. I am hoping, given a little more time, these flaws will be more or less be a non-issue. BC has a wealth of potential, and I want to root for it. Truly I do, but as it stands at present, I cannot bring myself to praise Tabata for how he is handling BC.
Killing off the best friend/rival would be a good start. Dude just sucks the life out of the series :-_-
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Killing off the best friend/rival would be a good start. Dude just sucks the life out of the series :-_-
That guy is basically one of the most popular characters of the series. It would be super stupid of Tabata to kill him.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

if Saiki big announcement is an anime adaptation I'm gonna be so happy

I don't even care it it's done by Toei, I will still be ecstatic
With 150 chapters is a good time to start a long running series of it!

I don't think Toei has right now much space for another series, except for after World Trigger that is 18 episodes from ending. That would mean it would air at 6:30 a.m.
A series like Psi Kusuo Sainan would be good for prime time. Maybe if the announcement is really an anime series, it will be made by Studio Pierrot. They probably are looking for a long running series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Killing off the best friend/rival would be a good start. Dude just sucks the life out of the series :-_-
They should kill off Asta instead, He is so unlikable

his energy, his loud mouth & his "in your face" attitude became insufferable by just reading the first panels in the first chapter

With 150 chapters is a good time to start a long running series of it!

I don't think Toei has right now much space for another series, except for after World Trigger that is 18 episodes from ending. That would mean it would air at 6:30 a.m.
A series like Psi Kusuo Sainan would be good for prime time. Maybe if the announcement is really an anime series, it will be made by Studio Pierrot. They probably are looking for a long running series.
I'm hoping Lerche studio gets Saiki's rights, their Assassination Classroom adaptation is AWESOME

plus the can do the 2 series crossovers now
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I get it. You really, really like BC, but come on, dude. Even you have to acknowledge it has some glaring flaws, flaws that would have probably gotten other series canceled by now. I am hoping, given a little more time, these flaws will be more or less be a non-issue. BC has a wealth of potential, and I want to root for it. Truly I do, but as it stands at present, I cannot bring myself to praise Tabata for how he is handling BC.
AMZN reviewers are sometimes pretty biased though.
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
AMZN reviewers are sometimes pretty biased though.
In some cases that may be true, but I don't know, dude. I think some of the criticism is fairly warranted. Let me ask you this then. Aside from the obvious fujoshi bait that is Asta and Yuno's friendship, since it's a pretty well established truism within these parts that you like BL, what are the things you like about BC? Being objective, is their anything about the series, at least one thing, you don't like about it?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In some cases that may be true, but I don't know, dude. I think some of the criticism is fairly warranted. Let me ask you this then. Aside from the obvious fujoshi bait that is Asta and Yuno's friendship, since it's a pretty well established truism within these parts that you like BL, what are the things you like about BC? Being objective, is their anything about the series, at least one thing, you don't like about it?
The only think I dont like is that there isnt a main best friend on Astas team. You know how Fairy Tail has Gray for Natsu's team? Though hopefully the writer can work on that soon.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think Toei has right now much space for another series, except for after World Trigger that is 18 episodes from ending. That would mean it would air at 6:30 a.m. A series like Psi Kusuo Sainan would be good for prime time. Maybe if the announcement is really an anime series, it will be made by Studio Pierrot. They probably are looking for a long running series.
If Pierrot is looking for a long running series to do, then Bleach better damn well be first in line.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Saiki is getting a big announcement? An anime perhaps?
Or something else altogether?
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
If Pierrot is looking for a long running series to do, then Bleach better damn well be first in line.
Bleach got cancelled due to lack of TV ratings. I think is pretty hard to think it will return.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach got cancelled due to lack of TV ratings. I think is pretty hard to think it will return.
Yeah but didn't the director say that it could possibly come back towards the end of the last arc?
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then why would you expect it back any time within the next few years?
Haha I don't expect it back...I just hope. But point taken although I don't see how it can last more than a couple years at this point. Something completely out of left field would have to happen. And considering the rankings I doubt Kubo is being asked to drag. Granted he does that enough on his own.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
The thing is, even with the low ratings, Bleach DVD volumes sold at least 2000 plus at the bare minimum. That's something Toriko, FT etc never came close to even at their peak.
And back in 2013(even with the lowest selling Fullbring arc), it was announced that Bleach was one of the top 3 selling franchises for TV Tokyo and 4th in terms of profit.

I'm not saying it will come back, I just think there were a lot of positives for TV Tokyo as well apart from the negatives like low ratings. You never know.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Black Clover CP
By the way, it might be just a colour page but it is still a spoiler. There are readers who would like to read the chapter unspoilered
 

Chipp12

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
20
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
1 9784088803692 青の祓魔師 15 集英社 加藤和恵 2015.6.4
2 9784088803678 食戟のソーマ 13 集英社 附田祐斗 2015.6.4
3 9784088804200 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 集英社 堀越耕平 2015.6.4
4 9784088803685 ワールドトリガー 11 集英社 葦原大介 2015.6.4
5 9784088803661 ニセコイ 18 集英社 古味直志 2015.6.4
6 9784088803647 銀魂-ぎんたま- 59 集英社 空知英秋 2015.6.4
7 9784088803432 遊戯王5D’s 9 集英社 佐藤雅史 2015.6.4
8 9784088804149 黒子のバスケ-Replace PLUS- 1 集英社 高橋一郎 2015.6.4
9 9784088804019 マジカルパティシエ小咲ちゃん!! 1 集英社 筒井大志 2015.6.4
10 9784088802763 SOUL CATCHER(S) 8 集英社 神海英雄 2015.6.4
11 9784088804163 ブラッククローバー 1 集英社 田畠裕基 2015.6.4
80k indeed.

Onodera Nipples Officially Uncensored
Has anyone seen that BTW? The blog itself is shit but the point is still here.
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Right, was surprised to see Kagamigami that high in the shoseki ranking too:
19 9784088803968 カガミガミ 1 集英社 岩代俊明 2015.6.4
 

saef1234

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2015
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
1 9784088803692 青の祓魔師 15 集英社 加藤和恵 2015.6.4
2 9784088803678 食戟のソーマ 13 集英社 附田祐斗 2015.6.4
3 9784088804200 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 集英社 堀越耕平 2015.6.4
4 9784088803685 ワールドトリガー 11 集英社 葦原大介 2015.6.4
5 9784088803661 ニセコイ 18 集英社 古味直志 2015.6.4
6 9784088803647 銀魂-ぎんたま- 59 集英社 空知英秋 2015.6.4
7 9784088803432 遊戯王5D’s 9 集英社 佐藤雅史 2015.6.4
8 9784088804149 黒子のバスケ-Replace PLUS- 1 集英社 高橋一郎 2015.6.4
9 9784088804019 マジカルパティシエ小咲ちゃん!! 1 集英社 筒井大志 2015.6.4
10 9784088802763 SOUL CATCHER(S) 8 集英社 神海英雄 2015.6.4
11 9784088804163 ブラッククローバー 1 集英社 田畠裕基 2015.6.4


How did you get 80k from that? What does it even mean? I know it's a ranking of some sort and black clover is 11 or something but i don't see anywhere the number of sales
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
1 9784088803692 青の祓魔師 15 集英社 加藤和恵 2015.6.4
2 9784088803678 食戟のソーマ 13 集英社 附田祐斗 2015.6.4
3 9784088804200 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 集英社 堀越耕平 2015.6.4
4 9784088803685 ワールドトリガー 11 集英社 葦原大介 2015.6.4
5 9784088803661 ニセコイ 18 集英社 古味直志 2015.6.4
6 9784088803647 銀魂-ぎんたま- 59 集英社 空知英秋 2015.6.4
7 9784088803432 遊戯王5D’s 9 集英社 佐藤雅史 2015.6.4
8 9784088804149 黒子のバスケ-Replace PLUS- 1 集英社 高橋一郎 2015.6.4
9 9784088804019 マジカルパティシエ小咲ちゃん!! 1 集英社 筒井大志 2015.6.4
10 9784088802763 SOUL CATCHER(S) 8 集英社 神海英雄 2015.6.4
11 9784088804163 ブラッククローバー 1 集英社 田畠裕基 2015.6.4
1-Blue exorcist (jump square)
2-SnS (wsj)
3-BnHA (wsj)
4-WT (wsj)
5-Nisekoi (wsj)
6- Gintama (wsj)
7-Yugioh (v-jump)
8-KnB spinoff (jump plus)
9-Nisekoi spinoff (jump plus)
10-Soul Catchers (jump next)
11- BLack Clover (wsj)
12- Ao Haru Ride (bessatsu Margaret)
14- OnS fanbook (jump square )
15- Dragon quest ( v-jump)
16- Kochikame (wsj)
19- Kagamgami (wsj)
20- Terra formars(wyj)


Cho Cho! Shueisha train coming through
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top