Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Third chp Devilyman was weak but I would love to know where it goes from here.

I assume none of the series did well enough for viz or must not be getting advance praise in jpn either.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Third chapter of Devily man was the best chapter yet, I thought they were doing the "villain of the week" again but the last page changed my mind.

I hope ESJ pick it up, I mean seriously manga loving people we need to be smart about these things, Dancing-bu & Lady Fanservice are already being scanlated
Devily man is the only one that's not & ESJ is our only source to read it
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weekly ranking from that site would highly imply and strongly suggest BLack Clover sold more than 30k in its first week.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
And less than 60K, It sold less than YGO 5D's who sell like 70-80K in the 2nd week
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And less than 60K, It sold less than YGO 5D's who sell like 70-80K in the 2nd week
I think it ought to be on the chart for a second week.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After reading the japanese reviews on Amazon for Black Clover, they pretty much got the same problems we have with the series. Its ranking position must be heavily influenced by the editors
 

ziko77

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 9, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Fun Forum
Weekly ranking from that site would highly imply and strongly suggest BLack Clover sold more than 30k in its first week.
It depends on amount of print. Black Clover sold well even with limited print, i heard people said on twitter there's no stock and sold out in many stores.

it's getting reprint on june 18th, no reprint for kagamigami, UBS, and Roggy.


here are urgent reprint:
source : s-book.net
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
After reading the japanese reviews on Amazon for Black Clover, they pretty much got the same problems we have with the series. Its ranking position must be heavily influenced by the editors
Did you red any revies about Kagamigami and cab share what was the general opinion about it? To my understanding, Iwashiro-Sensei is like a niche author that goes a bit out of the mainstream and only a few like him yet Kagamigami is a much more mainstream piece so I hope he gets a better reception.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After reading the japanese reviews on Amazon for Black Clover, they pretty much got the same problems we have with the series. Its ranking position must be heavily influenced by the editors
What would the editors have to gain from that? Why promote BC if it's not doing well? Why not just let it bomb like every other series that's isn't popular in Jump? I remember the same sort of things being said about Kuroko. That it got "special attention." Maybe it did, but I don't think any amount of pimping will save a series that doesn't resonate on some level with the readers. BC, like Kuroko seems to be a popular series. Is it generic? Yes. Is it an enjoyable and fun read? I believe so. Do I want it to stick around and see where it goes in the future. Absolutely. I'm personally overjoyed that another action series so far has managed to stick around. I certainly understand the criticisms but even the people who gave it negative reviews must have purchased the volumes...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What would the editors have to gain from that? Why promote BC if it's not doing well? Why not just let it bomb like every other series that's isn't popular in Jump? I remember the same sort of things being said about Kuroko. That it got "special attention." Maybe it did, but I don't think any amount of pimping will save a series that doesn't resonate on some level with the readers. BC, like Kuroko seems to be a popular series. Is it generic? Yes. Is it an enjoyable and fun read? I believe so. Do I want it to stick around and see where it goes in the future. Absolutely. I'm personally overjoyed that another action series so far has managed to stick around. I certainly understand the criticisms but even the people who gave it negative reviews must have purchased the volumes...
It has positive reviews from people who bought the series and lots of people saying these reviews are helpful and positive from some that didnt. I think the person reporting on the reviews only focused on the negative ones. It even has a respectable 3.5/5 star rating so it truly isnt that "bad". Newest Nisekoi volume has the same overall rating so by the same logic, the position of nisekoi be heavily influenced by the editors too. Also I have no clue why someone even compared it to Harry Potter, what a strange criticism. Where is the Hogwarts in BLack Clover?
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Compare with Nisekoi doesn't work in this case, for starters nisekoi is ranking worse on TOC.

Even when it was starting it didn't rank as high as BC, even then the volume got better reviews. (4 stars, the first volume)

----------

But I don't think reviews really matter, or even quality.. SS volumes are well reviewed but jump readers didn't vote for it.
 
Last edited:

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Those with a sharpe tongue would say the author of My Hero Academia stole a whole chapter from One Punch Man. HAHAHAH LOLOLOLO Inyaface
Pretty cool how viz placed MHA and OnePunch Man this week
 

taqzer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
184
Reaction score
181
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Black clover is selling well but definitely not BHA well. Still its doing really well. should manage 80k within two/three weeks easily.
http://jumpsokuhou.com/archives/44352619.html

Honto has yesterdays rankings for it at 28th, not as accurate a reflection as shoseki but it should be in that ball-mark. Its been steady at 15-30 since its second day of charting
First printing should have been similar to BHA, at least 100k.
2chan people are saying there are plenty of copies around, certain stores sold out but those posting about it on twitter are just trying to make it look as if it is selling far greater than it is
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Nobody will believe than BC will sell 80K in his first week , Toriko, and Myhero academia sold in his first week 70-90K .Maximun I choose a 40-60K , probably go to 80K in the next week.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Probably not until volumes come out, honestly.
But a bunch of those HAVE volumes out, don't they? I don't know if anyone knows how many were printed/sold.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
isnt one of those iShoujo? it already had its chance to become popular in jump print remember?
He's talking about getting popular in general. He thinks they have the potential.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top