Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
since we were discussing Jump+ manga in the last page, I think I should tell you that both Chronos Ruler & Kami-sama Kisama o Koroshitai first 2 chapters have been scanlated

Chronos Ruler first impression: it's like the mangaka read d-grey man & went "hmmm, I can definitely write a terrible version of this". so yeah, this series is a steaming pile of garbage without any redeeming quality. like seriously after this & reading Judos & Sporting Salt last year I think a 5 y/o can write something & have published in jump

Kami-sama Kisama o Koroshitai first impression: a psychopathic serial killer mc in Jump!! omg how scandalous!! this series is so disturbing & I LOVE IT, GIMME MOOOOOOOOOORE
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
since we were discussing Jump+ manga in the last page, I think I should tell you that both Chronos Ruler & Kami-sama Kisama o Koroshitai first 2 chapters have been scanlated

Chronos Ruler first impression: it's like the mangaka read d-grey man & went "hmmm, I can definitely write a terrible version of this". so yeah, this series is a steaming pile of garbage without any redeeming quality. like seriously after this & reading Judos & Sporting Salt last year I think a 5 y/o can write something & have published in jump

Kami-sama Kisama o Koroshitai first impression: a psychopathic serial killer mc in Jump!! omg how scandalous!! this series is so disturbing & I LOVE IT, GIMME MOOOOOOOOOORE
Bear in mind Kami-sama is from Jump X, so the author can basically do whatever he feels like. Surprised it didn't just go to Tonari no Young Jump when X folded.
Agreed on Chronos Ruler, you know you need to go back to the drawing board when Black Clover has a more original plot than you.
 

taqzer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
184
Reaction score
181
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
BC sold less than 14,012 in week 2. surprised by that, with the hype I expected more.

BHA: 67,407 230,640
WT: 60,709 227,858
Soma: 107,679 345,630

on my phone, not looking for the others. MAl will have it up eventually

Also I saw the mangaka of the dance manga asking people to vote for his series on twitter, so I kinda thought it might have tanked. I hope it is doing well rankings wise, im enjoying the series
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
BC sold less than 14,012 in week 2. surprised by that, with the hype I expected more.

BHA: 67,407 230,640
WT: 60,709 227,858
Soma: 107,679 345,630

on my phone, not looking for the others. MAl will have it up eventually

Also I saw the mangaka of the dance manga asking people to vote for his series on twitter, so I kinda thought it might have tanked. I hope it is doing well rankings wise, im enjoying the series
I remember people saying that it had problems with stock.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp thats unfortunate, thought it would have made it up there for a second week but it didnt. Seems most of the predictions were cannabolized by stock issues which is pretty fantastic. Oh well, internet kudos, accolades, encomium, and rep to the 27 that were manga sales gods this time.

Ame-san, Asgaroth, Drmke, duenneud, G_I_A, Hangedman, hunterhorror, James Rye, johannes22a, JohnDattebayo, Josl, KaitoKief, Kheops, Lehran, lobito180, Mawara, meeedoooz, mrDovydas, N0R7H, naruto-niichan, rayyankimi, Rica_Patin, Rising Phoenix, Stark700, Stevenh1990, vinceled, WesKR
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
That's unfortunate indeed. :(
But 38k still is pretty good.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Welp thats unfortunate, thought it would have made it up there for a second week but it didnt. Seems most of the predictions were cannabolized by stock issues which is pretty fantastic. Oh well, internet kudos, accolades, encomium, and rep to the 27 that were manga sales gods this time.

Ame-san, Asgaroth, Drmke, duenneud, G_I_A, Hangedman, hunterhorror, James Rye, johannes22a, JohnDattebayo, Josl, KaitoKief, Kheops, Lehran, lobito180, Mawara, meeedoooz, mrDovydas, N0R7H, naruto-niichan, rayyankimi, Rica_Patin, Rising Phoenix, Stark700, Stevenh1990, vinceled, WesKR
Yay!
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, and there's a reprint scheduled for tomorrow, 18/06.
That's great, I find the dance manga so far quite enjoyable with its adorable chibi dance couple and their fun senpai. Now I hope the battles are heated and a bit over the top like in SnS (albeit without the whole "rip off clothes of women due awesomeness of MC and friends"), you know tiger and eagle starring down each other in the background while the battle dnace couples face off each other on the stage. xD

Welp thats unfortunate, thought it would have made it up there for a second week but it didnt. Seems most of the predictions were cannabolized by stock issues which is pretty fantastic. Oh well, internet kudos, accolades, encomium, and rep to the 27 that were manga sales gods this time.

Ame-san, Asgaroth, Drmke, duenneud, G_I_A, Hangedman, hunterhorror, James Rye, johannes22a, JohnDattebayo, Josl, KaitoKief, Kheops, Lehran, lobito180, Mawara, meeedoooz, mrDovydas, N0R7H, naruto-niichan, rayyankimi, Rica_Patin, Rising Phoenix, Stark700, Stevenh1990, vinceled, WesKR
Awesome! What did I won? 8D
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Approximately 50k in two weeks and checked for reprinting. Definitely it was a good start, nothing extraordinary or colossal, but a really good start.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Finaly look like One Piece big news = Guiness Book news.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
i guess breaking a world record IS big news, still kinda dissapointed this was the big news -.-
I was expecting a new movie or something like that :/
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Also I saw the mangaka of the dance manga asking people to vote for his series on twitter, so I kinda thought it might have tanked. I hope it is doing well rankings wise, im enjoying the series
I don't think it tanked. YOKO just knows his audience, it's the Internet. I bet he was thinking many people on 2ch read but don't send in questionnaires, and they're his main audience.

Honestly I was expecting it to rank super high because of his huge cult following.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters

WSJ Issue #30
One Piece (Cover and Lead CP, Celebration of the Guinness World Record)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto Gaiden
Food Wars
Black Clover
Haikyû!!
Kagamigami (CP)
My Hero Academia
Devilyman
Hinomaru Zumou
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Nisekoi
Toriko
Lady Justice
Gintama
The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
THe Story of Isobe Isobee (CP)
Bleach
Kochikame
Ultra Battle Satellite

Absent: Hunter x Hunter

Preview Issue #31
Cover and Lead CP: Haikyû!! (30p)
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So the Dance Manga will get a color page? Looks promising! Also Haikyuu will get Cover and Lead CP (probably for the second season of the anime that will start next semester)

Ah Tokyo Ghoul will get a season 3 too... It will be called Tokyo Ghoul Jail (yes, that stupid).
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
lol Dance manga is getting a color page?! Looks like theres a twinkle of hope for this series to last longer. Despite nothings really happening yet aside from the intro of the rivals...

Funny enough, even though its a manga about dancing. Theres barely any damcing!
 

Gikiseima

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
oh yes! cp for hinomaru zumou next week..
good news:)
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Is Naruto Gaiden ranked?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States

WSJ Issue #30
One Piece (Cover and Lead CP, Celebration of the Guinness World Record)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto Gaiden
Food Wars
Black Clover
Haikyû!!
Kagamigami (CP)
My Hero Academia
Devilyman
Hinomaru Zumou
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Nisekoi
Toriko
Lady Justice
Gintama
The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki
World Trigger
THe Story of Isobe Isobee (CP)
Bleach
Kochikame
Ultra Battle Satellite

Absent: Hunter x Hunter

Preview Issue #31
Cover and Lead CP: Haikyû!! (30p)
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Praise the manga goddesses for BLack Clovers dominance, not even Haikyuu can get in its way. By the way, it has some of the best character lines, last chapters Asta gravel line was incredibly awesome. Its such a good series.

Will hope TsukkiHina is on the haikyuu cp. Better duo than KageHina and Tsukki development has been stunning.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top