Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Oneshot was great! I could imagine a title like that would fit very well into Young Jump, respectively Tonari no Young Jump.

Did anyone read the japanese and the english version? Are there any differences worth mentioning? It seems the translation was done by the very authors themselves since neither a translator nor an editor is mentioned at the last page of EWSJ.
I do read both and there are like... A LOT of differences... It's just not the same thing and you cannot think of it as a "translation" more like an adaptation. Also the "translated" version of EWSJ is the same used for the printed volumes (the us ones) with very few corrections.

I don't know about all the series but for One Piece, Stephen is the translator. He is VERY, VERY good probably because he used to be a Manga Editor member and do love the series.

I could be wrong but, I think he is the very same Stephen that used to translate Monster for mangascreener a long, long time ago?
 
Last edited:

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
I do read both and there are like... A LOT of differences... It's just not the same thing and you cannot think of it as a "translation" more like an adaptation. Also the "translated" version of EWSJ is the same used for the printed volumes (the us ones) with very few corrections.

I don't know about all the series but for One Piece, Stephen is the translator. He is VERY, VERY good probably because he used to be a Manga Editor member and do love the series.

I could be wrong but, I think he is the very same Stephen that used to translate Monster for mangascreener a long, long time ago?
Please don't mix up my words and distort the intention of my post: I was only talking about the One Shot. Like I said, it seems the one shot wasn't translated at all but rather "adapted" by the very authors themselves. And like I mentioned, have a look the last page of EWSJ:

There is no information about the One Shot listed in the back, neither translation- nor editor-wise, what is unusual even for One Shots

Stephen Paul is the guy form mangascreener and who made stephens script for One Piece. And yeah, he is for a reason one of the best translators out there

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

By the way, viz used the New York Times ad from 2 years ago for the cover of this week's issue. : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nga-has-345-million-copies-in-print-worldwide
I knew I have seen it before
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Taiwanese shonen Jump didn't put One Piece on the cover either:

We can assume that Guinness World Record imposed some kind of restrictions on the record/on the artwork Oda did for the World Record

---------- Post added June 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2015 at 04:13 PM ----------




Preview Issue #32
Colour and Lead CP: Hinomaru Zumou
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jump+ uploaded the three initial chapters of Psyren. So it looks like Jump still has not given up on promoting Kagamigami...
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
To the people that had read the raw of chapter 9 of Naruto Gaiden, do you think that story will end in the next issue (chapter 10) like everyone is saying?
 
Last edited:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To the people that had read the raw of chapter 9 of Naruto Gaiden, do you think that story will end in the next issue (chapter 10) like everyone is saying?
I'll say this, I truly believe part three is coming in either manga or anime form. I wish he would do Mario, but Sarada has rejuvenated my love for this work.
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll say this, I truly believe part three is coming in either manga or anime form. I wish he would do Mario, but Sarada has rejuvenated my love for this work.
I wouldn't mind that though, like you said, I would love for Kishimoto to work on Mario or something else. Naruto Gaiden has been pretty good stuff though.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I didn't like the Gaiden. It's not awful or something like that, but I think it was a good idea wasted in favor of nostalgia.
 

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
After the Dragon Ball Super "thing" I'm really worried that maybe he'll continue Naruto too.
I don't like this idea as Naruto ended fair and square, and continuing the story at this point may make everything that it's acomplished so far go to waste.
I hope that his "new" project is something apart from the world of Naruto.

I did not knew about Mario. Looks a bit like Lupin but without the craziness. Maybe that's what he is working on indeed.




Anyway, did anyone read the Dragon Ball Chou chapter that came out these days?
I read it with very low expectation, but even then it managed to disappoint me.
 

Covers

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2014
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
2,301
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
To the people that had read the raw of chapter 9 of Naruto Gaiden, do you think that story will end in the next issue (chapter 10) like everyone is saying?
Nope.

This can't end in 1 chapter.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I don't doubt. We're talking about Kishimoto, after all.

In the last chapter Sarada marries Boruto and Chouchou marries a tuna sandwich.
The last scene is their son, Uzumaki Ramen, drawing a Korosensei's face in the village monument.

*To be sure the boy born with glasses.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shonen Jump TOC #31:



Cover Lead CP: Haikyuu (30 pages)
01 - One Piece
02 - Boku no Hero Academia
03 - Assassination Classroom
04 - Devilyman (Not Ranked)
05- Saiki Kusuo no Psinan
06 - The Dance Manga (Color Page)
07 - Shokugeki no Soma
08 - Black Clover
09 - Naruto Gaiden
10 - Lady Justice (Not Ranked)
11 - Gintama
12 - Hinoumaru Zumou (Color Page)
13 - Toriko
14 - Nisekoi
15 - Kochikame
16 - Kagamigami
17 - Bleach
18 - Ultra Battle Sattelite (END/ CANCELED)
19 - Isobe Isobee Monogatari

TOC #32 Preview:

Cover Lead CP: Hinoumaru Zumou
 
Last edited:

piau9000

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2015
Messages
242
Reaction score
80
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
RANK - Volume 31

1 - One Piece
2 - My Hero Academia
3 - Assassination Classroom
4 - PSI Kusou Saiki
5 - Food Wars
6 - Black Clover
7 - Gintama
8 - Toriko
9 - World Trigger
10 - Nisekoi
11 - Kochikame
12 - Kagamigami
13 - Bleach
14 - Ultra Battle Sattelite (END)






Average ranking of 2015 - VOL 31:


"+" means that the series ended or moved to another magazine.


One Piece - 1.68
Assassination Classroom - 2
My Hero Academia - 2.3
Haikyuu - 3.52
Food Wars - 3.90
Black Clover - 4.11
Hinomaru Zumou - 5.96
Toriko - 6.15
Gintama - 6.75
PSI Kusou Saiki - 7.11
Kagamigami - 8.27
Nisekoi - 8.40
World Trigger - 8.47
Bleach - 10.86
Kochikame - 10.96
+Gakkyuu Houtei - 11.15
+Ultra Battle Satellite - 11.9
+Judos - 12
+Takujou no Ageha - 12.33
+Hi-Fi Cluster - 12.71
+Cyborg Roggy - 13.5
+E-Robot - 13.5
+Sporting Salt - 13.5
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pretty safe choice of characters for the haikyuu cover, hopong the color page at least had Tsukki.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Preview Issue 32:
Cover and Lead CP: Hinomaru Zumou (Commemorating its anniversary)
Center Colour: Naruto Gaiden, TO Love Ru Trouble Darkness
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm really disappointed for kagamigami, only hope the new series make worse than it.It looks even that dance manga will make a good ranking next week.I'm Sad for Iva. IT has some really good fights.Black clover is quite Low this week
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters


By the way, it is pretty safe to assume that Naruto Gaiden is ending in issue 32. I haven't yet read the latest chapter and won't read it until english WSJ is released, but I'm wondering how Kishimoto is going to end this series in only 2 chapters.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top