Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Something funny I just noticed:



The BL is so strong in this manga that it references SharkBait himself.
Underated post
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Something funny I just noticed:



The BL is so strong in this manga that it references SharkBait himself.
Then, maybe it will be moved to Shueisha's BL magazine (BL-Ink) in the future. :teehee
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I really want to read Galaxy Kings.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It could be switched to how much Volume 2 will sell :p. Red sprite looks interesting as I can't remember the last time a machine army was involved in Jump and I love Tomohiro's color pages. If someone read it and Ishiyama's oneshot, can you write what's it about?
I haven't got the last 1/4 or so of it, but I didn't really like what I read. Yagi needs to stop trying to draw military manga, it was easily the weakest part of Iron Knight, and Iron Curtain was just terrible. I was really hoping for something more like Goblin Night this time.
 

DestyNova4th

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
207
Reaction score
94
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Anyone know how many chapters have currently Kochikame? I think, by count, it has 1896 chapters, but I can't confirm it. Help, please.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Anyone know how many chapters have currently Kochikame? I think, by count, it has 1896 chapters, but I can't confirm it. Help, please.
There is no official chapter count. Among jump readers there are two different ways to keep record of Kochikame chapters: Kochikame Database or Weekly Shonen Jump. Normally people are refering to the Kochikame database count and according to that chapter 1895 is released in issue #33/2015
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Did anyone read Kyousei no Murasaki oneshot in NEXT?
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did anyone read Kyousei no Murasaki oneshot in NEXT?
Just when I was hitting one lick on Amazon it sold out!


Eager to read Best Blue tomorrow in better quality. So excited to support this series. I wish Viz would release some of the Golden Duture Dup, it would be interesting to compare what that audience liked compared to Japan.....
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Here's the rest of the NEXT stuff. Next issue is out in August.
And the strange patern happens again. July then August although it is bimonthly.
I'm still curious about the reason, the other bimonthly mangas i read run in magazines that never changes, they are either released on odd months or even, never mixed.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shimmer Tsukky is yet another excellent canonical Haikyuu AU, though I prefer FHQ a bit more. I bet Tsukky named the owl Bokuto.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And the strange patern happens again. July then August although it is bimonthly.
I'm still curious about the reason, the other bimonthly mangas i read run in magazines that never changes, they are either released on odd months or even, never mixed.
Last year it was probably because they started the bimonthly released a few months into the year, and without the extra issue it wouldn't have gone up to 2014 Volume 6. This year I've got no idea, although they're kinda promoting it by having the covers of this issue and the next join together to form one Kuroko image.
Also I forget if it's been posted here already, but next month's issue comes with My Hero Academia and Hinomaru Zumo posters.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
At this point I'm willing to accept that Edited Mangas might hurt their profits, but please don't try to tell me that they don't make decisions based on what's popular online....that's just a ludicrous assertion. Online, English-speaking fandoms who read Edited Mangas are the reason so many series get licensed in the first place. :lmao
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Interesting:
http://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-15-manga-publisher-roundtable-bust-myths/

Publishers make decisions based on Edited Mangas – False.
Yeah... NO.
I did Wagatsuma back then, and it became sorta popular. Suddenly Kodansha/crunchyroll picked it up all of a sudden. Now, most series that get licensed in the States are either (1) from a popular author (2) had an anime adaptation or (3) really popular in japan.

Sadly to say, Wagatsuma aren't either of those. Why would they pick up a manga that's full of 2ch references and mostly gag (which americans hate)?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top