Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover with Beelzebub is litrally one of the best fucions ever, now I hope we get another one except with Dorksta x Furuichi, Yuno x Oga.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not liking Asta is like not liking when a young kid gets excited for stuff, its just mean hearted and unkind.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually had a dream about Black Clover last night. I didn't know I liked the series that much...I think I'm more excited about it's potential rather than what it is currently. Although it's still pretty good now I think. I hope Boku and it can be rivals for a long time. I do wish Asta was a bit more fleshed out and not so one dimensional. Maybe in time.
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Seriously that we need to have some boring hate comment about this manga even with a simple one page collaboration? Some people here has serious problems in keeping this thread more enjoyable for all kind of readers with this "necessity" to be unnecessarily offensive in every post about the manga just for the sake of the hate, this just turn the thread into a toxic place.

Really, you not even need to be a actual fan of Black Clover or any series to get annoyed by this kind of behaviour.

I actually had a dream about Black Clover last night. I didn't know I liked the series that much...I think I'm more excited about it's potential rather than what it currently. Although it's good now I think. I hope Boku and it can be rivals for a long time. I do wish Asta was a bit more fleshed out and not so one dimensional. Maybe in time.
Yeah, me too, in the moment BC is fine and nice, i'm more excited to see the potential and the future, i like when i think in Boku no Hero and Black Clover like the new Naruto and Bleach (exactly in this way) along with One Piece in Jump, is funny.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
There was Watsuki gang, and now there is the Iwashiro gang.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, me too, in the moment BC is fine and nice, i'm more excited to see the potential and the future, i like when i think in Boku no Hero and Black Clover like the new Naruto and Bleach (exactly in this way) along with One Piece in Jump, is funny.
Interesting, you see Boku as Naruto and BC as Bleach? I always considered Boku to be like OP because it would be the oldest in the new potential "Big 3," has a Western theme and is quirky. BC I considered Naruto because of the demon theme, Asta being like Naruto, the early part being about missions and it being second in line. I don't think the "Bleach" of the bunch has arrived yet.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting, you see Boku as Naruto and BC as Bleach? I always considered Boku to be like OP because it would be the oldest in the new potential "Big 3," has a Western theme and is quirky. BC I considered Naruto because of the demon theme, Asta being like Naruto, the early part being about missions and it being second in line. I don't think the "Bleach" of the bunch has arrived yet.
Going by how long Kubo seems to want to stretch it out, I'd say Bleach is going to be the new Bleach.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,468
Reaction score
39,386
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Interesting, you see Boku as Naruto and BC as Bleach? I always considered Boku to be like OP because it would be the oldest in the new potential "Big 3," has a Western theme and is quirky. BC I considered Naruto because of the demon theme, Asta being like Naruto, the early part being about missions and it being second in line. I don't think the "Bleach" of the bunch has arrived yet.
I think this way not because similarities but popularity and potential, i said the two along with One Piece because will be published for much years yet, only Oda knows when OP will end. With One Piece i consider something like Ansatsu that with the first volume reached 1 million even before the anime, but obviously a battle shounen.

So i compare in this way because Boku no Hero is already big popular not only in toc, but sales and popularity in general like Naruto and is considered by a lot as the "next Naruto", while Black Clover is more like Bleach, more "moderated", not so big and popular since the beginning, is growing more slowly, with good animes, i can see Black Clover reaching Bleach level of sales and popularity (500 ~ 700), and Boku no Hero reaching Naruto level of sales and popularity (1 million).

Of course that all of this isn't considering that a new battle manga could appear in some few years and be even more popular than both from the beginning.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Going by how long Kubo seems to want to stretch it out, I'd say Bleach is going to be the new Bleach.
It's the new Bleach, the old Bleach, and the Bleach 15 years from now. In short, It's Bleach.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think this way not because similarities but popularity and potential, i said the two along with One Piece because will be published for much years yet, only Oda knows when OP will end. With One Piece i consider something like Ansatsu that with the first volume reached 1 million even before the anime, but obviously a battle shounen.

So i compare in this way because Boku no Hero is already big popular not only in toc, but sales and popularity in general like Naruto and is considered by a lot as the "next Naruto", while Black Clover is more like Bleach, more "moderated", not so big and popular since the beginning, is growing more slowly, with good animes, i can see Black Clover reaching Bleach level of sales and popularity (500 ~ 700), and Boku no Hero reaching Naruto level of sales and popularity (1 million).

Of course that all of this isn't considering that a new battle manga could appear in some few years and be even more popular than both from the beginning.
Bleach sold 1.2 million at it's peak.
For a good part, it sold about 850k at the bare minimum.

But yeah, I can see how the comparison is made. BnHA seems to be a very inspiring story just like how Naruto was.
BC seems to be just full blown action, just like Bleach. BnHA is relatively new with being the more popular one at the moment.
Although during the early days, Bleach's toc placements were quite unsteady with sometimes reaching the top 5 and other times the bottom 5.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Any spoiler for Tomorrow's week of Jump?
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
This out for quite a while
Bottom 7



FUll TOC:
ソーマ 春药
ワンピ OP
ヒロアカ 英雄
暗杀
金未来
ブラクロ 五叶草
ハイキュー 排球
斉木
相扑
トリコ 美食
すじピン 跳舞
银魂
ベスブル BEST BLUE
カガミ 嘉神
鰤 死神
ニセコイ 伪恋
こち亀 条子
レディ 女屌
デビリ 恶班

Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
My Hero Academia
Assassination Classroom
Genjuui Toteku (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #5)
Black Clover
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Gintama (CP)
Best Blue
Kagamigami
Bleach
Nisekoi
Kochikame
Lady Justice
Devilyman
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent World Trigger
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How much more until Best BLue is on ranked status?
 

Irrumator

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Surprising that Nise took a dive. Last few weeks it's been upper middle. Wonder what happened eight weeks ago.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Wow, that dancing Manga has really fallen. Last week it was in 2nd place and now it's 8th. Lets see how it will continue, because it would be a shame if it gets axed.
 

Ryuma00

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
115
Reaction score
48
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Wow, that dancing Manga has really fallen. Last week it was in 2nd place and now it's 8th. Lets see how it will continue, because it would be a shame if it gets axed.
Actually it isn't that big deal...
In issue 34 it was 5th, then in #35 it was 2nd.
Week later it was 7th then it went back to 2nd place in issue 37/38.
It simply has jumping/dropping phase
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top