Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
True, but these two are completely different statements:

I don't like this series and I think it might get cancel.
This series is bad and I think it might get cancel.

I don't like this series and I want it to get cancel.
This series is bad, road to cancellation starts now.

The first two are opinions. The next two one only the first part is an opinion. The second parts are just wishing for ill will upon the series.

not calling any names, just in the future do keep that in mind.
------------------

That's also true, that's why they have the voting system for Jump Start. The majority doesn't want Kitmetsu no Yaiba/Ole Golazo/Yuragi, so they didn't put it in the line up. While it is frustrating for the people that want it in the line up, majority win.

I hope in the future we put in some thoughts into these comments. Remember, different strokes for different folks and there is nothing wrong with that. Keep it civil.
In my original post I just said I hope it gets the axe out of the 6. Not saying that it will get axed. Just my personal opinion.
My reply is just simply saying that I don't see anything wrong with not wanting it in the magazine. Not saying I deserve to have it my way
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Posuka's art is GOD TIER. Now I hope Posuka will draw the Jump 50th anniversary poster next year. But I think Shuiesha will give it to Oda (maybe).

I might import the artbook.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Posuka's art is GOD TIER. Now I hope Posuka will draw the Jump 50th anniversary poster next year. But I think Shuiesha will give it to Oda (maybe).

I might import the artbook.
It really is, and Neverland doesn't even show off his talent. Been following him on twitter and this popped up not long ago. It blew my mind.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Jump is a scripted popularity contest
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Posuka's art is GOD TIER. Now I hope Posuka will draw the Jump 50th anniversary poster next year. But I think Shuiesha will give it to Oda (maybe).

I might import the artbook.
Posuka's art is good but I feel a mangaka who greatly contributed to the magazine deserves the honor.(Anyone but Oda please)
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
yeah, my fault. Immature. Wishing for a series failure imo is just really insensitive knowing how hard these mangaka work. Why dont you just instead wish for it to get better, or in fact dont read it at all? Just ruffled my jimmies a bit.
Sometimes people end up forgetting that being a mangaka is actually a normal job, so I don't know if it's like this in your countries or Japan, but here when you don't do a good job you end up being fired. There's nothing insensitive in this, this is how it works for every job. The effort of the manga is irrelevant, as far as I know, the company is only interested in the results. Sometimes you just don't see a future to a series, you don't see how it can get better, the base concept for the story is ridiculous and so it possibly can't get good. About the last part, he actually can don't read it at all, but if the series is really bad, it's only using a position that a good series could be in, so I really don't see a reason for you to rustle your jimmies about this. (Not the case for Hinomaru, the manga is actually good as far as I read.)
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Posuka's art is good but I feel a mangaka who greatly contributed to the magazine deserves the honor.(Anyone but Oda please)
Shuiesha favors the mangaka that currently serialized in the magazine more.

They gave it to Yusuke Murata for the 40th anniversary (2008). Eyeshield was only 6 years old.

They also gave it to Murata for the Jump Star Poster (although I have no idea about the event for this).

Around 60%~70% mangaka contributed to the Dragonball 30th Anniversary are currently serialized in Jump.

The rest compose of mangaka from Toriyama's period (Hotoko no Ken, Jojo) and a few from the 90's Rookies, Kenshin, Yugioh, with 2 from Jump Square (TLR and Tegami Bachi).

So I wouldn't leave Posuka out of this. Although if we go by your word, Osamu Akimoto totally deserved it too :).
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Shuiesha favors the mangaka that currently serialized in the magazine more.

They gave it to Yusuke Murata for the 40th anniversary (2008). Eyeshield was only 6 years old.

They also gave it to Murata for the Jump Star Poster (although I have no idea about the event for this).

Around 60%~70% mangaka contributed to the Dragonball 30th Anniversary are currently serialized in Jump.

The rest compose of mangaka from Toriyama's period (Hotoko no Ken, Jojo) and a few from the 90's Rookies, Kenshin, Yugioh, with 2 from Jump Square (TLR and Tegami Bachi).
6 years is a great contribution. If it is only one person contributing to the poster than I wouldn't compare it to the Dragon Ball anniversary and it is also more significant. I would be happy for Posuka if she is chosen but I simply believe that there are better and more worthy choices other than her.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder what an anniversary poster done by the Haikyuu artist would look like. It's the second most popular current series and it'll be the second oldest too once Gintama ends (not counting HxH), but I don't know if its art style would work for a big compilation poster of lots of different series.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
The girl in the middle is the author?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's just me, or anyone else here can see Samon-kun as a "new Reborn"?

In the start, Reborn was a pure comedy manga with supernatural elements, and with time, changed to a standard battle shounen, and I can see this happening with Samon-kun if it ranks and sales drops too much. Of course, not a so serious or dramatic battle shounen (like Reborn was), but a comedy battle manga with arcs with fights between summoned monsters, and that's sounds pretty cool to me.

Well, I like a lot the actual Samon comedy, so I really don't want it to change at all, I just thought.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just can't imagine other person besides Oda (or maybe Toriyama) to draw the 50th anniversary poster...

One Piece is the only series that is present in the magazine from at least 20 years of this 50ths.

It is the biggest success of the magazine (and probably the entire manga world) in all history. Oda deserves it.

If Kochikame was still present, it should be Akimoto.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't really care to see Oda draw it, simply because I don't really want to see all the characters in his style. However, it most likely will be Oda I say.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah... Art related it should be Pozuka or the Shokugeki no Souma one in my opinion... But...
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Would like to see Horikoshi, Posuka, or Boichi, is he's still in the magazine next year, do it. But yeah. Will probably go to Oda
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Has anyone here played any of the Jump Stars Games? Let's make a discussion about these games
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Horikoshi, Demizu, or even Gotouge, are the ones I'd like to see the most. Horikoshi and Furudate have the most chance outside of Oda I think.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Has anyone here played any of the Jump Stars Games? Let's make a discussion about these games
I own Jump Ultimate Stars and Jump Super Stars. Both games are fantastic and a blast to play. Very similar to Super Smash Bros., but has its own play style that separates it from the Smash Bros games and makes them unique.

I also own J Stars Victory. It's not particularly bad, but I got bored with it fast.

If they make a 4th Jump game I'm hoping it's a successor to Ultimate Stars and for 3DS. There are so many characters and series that's been added since the the original games that will make for a phenomenal game
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
WHich characters would you like to be added or return for the 4th game? Depending on their fighting abilities or capabilities in combat
-Kimetsu no Yaiba(Zenitsu and Tanjiro)
-My Hero(Deku, Bakugou, All Might)
-Shaman King(Yoh and Anna)
-Psyren(Yoshina, Amamiya)

These would be my picks
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
U19 chp 1 was really good and kind of chillingly relevant for our current society, imagine if genetic screening was carried out but also the other stuff people unable to afford schooling or get a decent job without a college degree trapped into their life standing at the end of HS, terrible.

Please survive.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top