Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Aw I wanted to know the title of Shimabu's one shot. I hope it isn't gag this time.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"X is irrelevant and will be cancelled, also Z, Y, W, V, U and T are also irrelevant."
"Toriko was a complete and utter failure"
"Something something ghost tits"
"Something something Forneverworld"
"BLack Clover is the worst thing ever written"
Pretty much, yeah. If you enjoy BC and think MHA is overrated, this thread is definitely not for you. And now Dr. Stone is starting to receive similar treatment.

I've started to accept that my tastes don't align with the more vocal users in this thread. So, outside of news and ToCs, I don't really feel the need to participate.

But, it's okay. This thread was never my main site/thread for anime/manga discussion, so it's not that big of a deal.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Sadly, probably will be.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Yeah, this thread is not for you because it's full of people that cries when others think differently, specially MHA related. A lot of people like you here bash frequently other ppl opinions but when somebody do the same to you, you come saying things like: "that's why I'm not following the thread anymore".

Give me a break...

This guy's comments are the full proof how hypocritical some ppl here are =).
Well...Shimabu did say he wanted write manga series besides gag. Also he already did that bizzare comedy one shot in that other magazine.

I want to see a sports series out of Shimabu. RING was okay but I want something longer.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well...Shimabu did say he wanted write manga series besides gag. Also he already did that bizzare comedy one shot in that other magazine.

I want to see a sports series out of Shimabu.
Wow I never thought about that... A MMA series from Shimabu would be OUTSTANDING. Now I want it. Give me.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wow I never thought about that... A MMA series from Shimabu would be OUTSTANDING. Now I want it. Give me.
What sports series hasn't been done? I think if he does a sports series it'll be one that hasn't been done before or rarely has been done.

I was thinking fencing. He loves to do marathon runs so it's possible we may get something similar to that
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sadly, probably will be.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Yeah, this thread is not for you because it's full of people that cries when others think differently, specially MHA related. A lot of people like you here bash frequently other ppl opinions but when somebody do the same to you, you come saying things like: "that's why I'm not following the thread anymore".

Give me a break...

This is a forum, a place where different ideas converge so that we can expand ours minds, tastes, distastes, etc. Not a place for you to look in a mirror and see how "awesome you are"

This guy's comments are the full proof how hypocritical some ppl here are =).
I'm not bashing anyone's opinions, though. And this thread is NOT varied opinion wise in regards to BC. It's 99% hate with 1% of praise every now and then.

In fact, this thread specifically is pretty much the most toxic in regards to BC hate I've come across. I can take criticism, but there's a witch hunt for Tabata on here.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not bashing anyone's opinions, though. And this thread is NOT varied opinion wise in regards to BC. It's 99% hate with 1% of praise every now and then.

In fact, this thread specifically is pretty much the most toxic in regards to BC hate I've come across. I can take criticism, but there's a witch hunt for Tabata on here.
I deleted the comment because I misunderstood completely what you said. I failed, I'm sorry.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I fully support a witch hunt for Tabata as well as him being burned at the stake for his crimes against writing.
Not sure why people don't seem to care about writing quality, but I'm happy a good portion of us here do.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I fully support a witch hunt for Tabata as well as him being burned at the stake for his crimes against writing.
Not sure why people don't seem to care about writing quality, but I'm happy a good portion of us here do.
The Noelle and Asta romance is the best love story in Jump of the past eleven years.b
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Also... You are 100% sure. If you're not a MHA/WCS lover AND a BC Hater you have no future here.

That's why I'm still here. I will confront these people not because I think BC is awesome (far from that) but because somebody need to prove them wrong.

A thing that has been made time and time again not only by me, but for a lot of other members that are not "status-quo" like and the series itself.

I rest my case... Just give me BC number one in toc again so I can rest.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
What sports series hasn't been done? I think if he does a sports series it'll be one that hasn't been done before or rarely has been done.

I was thinking fencing. He loves to do marathon runs so it's possible we may get something similar to that
Extreme parkour(like Ninja Warrior), blacksmithing, body inking or some other untraditional sport would be cool.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Also... You are 100% sure. If you're not a MHA/WCS lover AND a BC Hater you have no future here.

That's why I'm still here. I will confront these people not because I think BC is awesome (far from that) but because somebody need to prove them wrong.

A thing that has been made time and time again not only by me, but for a lot of other members that are not "status-quo" like and the series itself.

I rest my case... Just give me BC number one in toc again so I can rest.
I don't even think I like MHA anymore. I've been bored since the license arc.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I fully support a witch hunt for Tabata as well as him being burned at the stake for his crimes against writing.
Not sure why people don't seem to care about writing quality, but I'm happy a good portion of us here do.
I care about quality writing. I just don't believe most of the people here know what quality writing actually is.

In my opinion, a lot of the BC dissenters overblow the flaws considerably. It's funny, because I know people who have literally read thousands of manga over the years, and enjoy BC for what it is.

It appears to me the most vocal haters of it are the people who have comparatively less manga reading experience.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I care about quality writing. I just don't believe most of the people here know what quality writing actually is.

In my opinion, a lot of the BC dissenters overblow the flaws considerably. It's funny, because I know people who have literally read thousands of manga over the years, and enjoy BC for what it is.

It appears to me the most vocal haters of it are the people who have comparatively less manga reading experience.
I haven't read as much as some in this thread, but I've easily read over 500 manga.
Film is more my passion and i'm far more critical of that than I am manga.
I dont think I'm overblowing shit. Early Black Clover is practically unreadable and right now it's just bad but kind of fun.
It is not good though and likely never will be because Tabata is a hack.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't even think I like MHA anymore. I've been board since the license arc.
I used to love the emotional parts and the chapter (episode as well) where Midoriya throw the ball busting his finger and the first battle against Bakugou was genius-like. Some other parts caught my attention too like Stain and the All for One battle but that's it. I fail to see the depth that people overcomment here. I fail to see the necessity of that amount of lines (I'm translator and I freaking HATE pointless dialogues all over the 20 pages over and over and weekly over again.) One thing is to be somebody like Togashi that freakinly created a whole card game for a SINGLE ARC with balanced cards and perfect explanations about pretty much everything, another is to try and since HxH is not around, people assume it's the same where is CLEARLY NOT) But ultimately, I HARDCORELY fail to see it as a huge thing like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach (yeah... Bleach...) Hiatus x Hiatus or even Toriko was.

I'm sorry I think I simply am not that intelligent to see how awesome this series is.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
遅くなって申し訳ない
20号

ハイキュー
ワンピ
ヒロアカ
ネバラン ※Cカラー
ロボ
ブラクロ
マリー ※Cカラー
ソーマ
青春
火ノ丸 ※Cカラー
ストーン
鬼滅
ゆらぎ
斉木
銀魂
勉強
左門
ポロ
U19
磯兵衛

21・22号
巻頭:ワンピ(全キャラ集合ポスターあり)
Cカラー:ソーマ、鬼滅、ちんぎり(島袋光年)※読切
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kyuubasta you failed me... But it's ok... It's One Piece.

And WOW We Can't Study fell that much?? Who said that again?

That's right, It was me =)
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Shonen Jump Issue 20:
Haikyuu!! (Cover/Lead CP, 250 Chapters and 5th Anniversary)
One Piece
My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Robot x Laserbeam
Black Clover
Hungry Marie (CP)
Shokugeki no Soma
Spring Weapon No. 1
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Dr. Stone
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Gintama
We Never Learn
Samon the Summoner
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
U19
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Issue 21/22:
Cover: All Main Characters Poster
Lead CP: One Piece

CPs: Shokugeki no Soma, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Chingiri (Oneshot by Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro of Toriko)
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't read as much as some in this thread, but I've easily read over 500 manga.
Film is more my passion and i'm far more critical of that then I am manga.
I dont think I'might overblowing shit. Early Black Clover is practically unreadable and rigbt now it's just bad but kind of fun.
Yeah, I'm definitely more into film as well. I don't argue about it as much, though.

As for BC, this is my opinion. It's a series that, at it's best, is just fun. Not great, but not like Fairy Tail levels of bad either.
I've read enough battle manga to notice common tropes, even in the ones that are praised by the majority. They don't bother me, so I don't hold them against the series like others do.

Kind of like how stretch marks don't bother me anymore in the opposite sex, when that would have been something that bothered me when I was younger.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm definitely more into film as well. I don't argue about it as much, though.

As for BC, this is my opinion. It's a series that, at it's best, is just fun. Not great, but not like Fairy Tail levels of bad either.
I've read enough battle manga to notice common tropes, even in the ones that are praised by the majority. They don't bother me, so I don't hold them against the series like others do.

Kind of like how stretch marks don't bother me anymore in the opposite sex, when that would have been something that bothered me when I was younger.
Fairy Tail knows it's dumb, Black Clover pretends to try and follow a serious but non existent story. Takes itself too seriously, despite the occasional comedy moments.
Fairy Tail as flawed as it may be is a far superior manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top