- Joined
- Apr 7, 2013
- Messages
- 1,210
- Reaction score
- 311
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Is HxH under an eight weeks rank free grace period since it came back from hiatus I read on reddit that it was and I'm curious if it's true?
If we go by the 8 week rule, then yeah, it's not ranked because it wasn't present in the issues the rankings would be for.Is HxH under an eight weeks rank free grace period since it came back from hiatus I read on reddit that it was and I'm curious if it's true?
Do you not remember Illegal Rare or Kagamigami? This treatment is normal for veterans.CP for Robot x Laserbeam even though it is almost dead last says a lot about Shueisha mindset this time, it is the same with We Never Learn. I think they are willing to keep these two series a little longer than normal to see if they mature and get a stable ranking because normally they don't do what they are doing. "We Never Learn" already proved to be a good manga to sell volumes and Robot x Laserbeam will probably have good sales as well so I think we are going to see them around for some more time. Cushions help, too, like Hungry Marie, Spring Weapon, Shuudan and Cross Account. From old series, Hinomaru Zumou is already pending to end for months now and Gintama for years, they should end at once. Hunter x Hunter will probably come back to hiatus by the end of the year, so we will have one more slot.
I hope We Never Learn and Robot X Laserbeam survive. WNL has already shown that it can take the place of Hinomaru Zumou in sales. Approximately 42k copies sold in 24 days, while Hinomaru in 24 days sold 44k. It is not this time that Tamura will achieve a new success, I expected a lot from the author.CP for Robot x Laserbeam even though it is almost dead last says a lot about Shueisha mindset this time, it is the same with We Never Learn. I think they are willing to keep these two series a little longer than normal to see if they mature and get a stable ranking because normally they don't do what they are doing. "We Never Learn" already proved to be a good manga to sell volumes and Robot x Laserbeam will probably have good sales as well so I think we are going to see them around for some more time. Cushions help, too, like Hungry Marie, Spring Weapon, Shuudan and Cross Account. From old series, Hinomaru Zumou is already pending to end for months now and Gintama for years, they should end at once. Hunter x Hunter will probably come back to hiatus by the end of the year, so we will have one more slot.
Mononofu had the same treatment. If you consider Ikezawa Haruto veteran.Do you not remember Illegal Rare or Kagamigami? This treatment is normal for veterans.
Me, too. Both have been pretty enjoyable so far. Sales are nothing without good ranking, though...I hope We Never Learn and Robot X Laserbeam survive. WNL has already shown that it can take the place of Hinomaru Zumou in sales. Approximately 42k copies sold in 24 days, while Hinomaru in 24 days sold 44k. It is not this time that Tamura will achieve a new success, I expected a lot from the author.
It was only a small curiosity, if Hinomaru ends, WNL will serve as the manga that will sell the same as Hinomaru (for now). I have a theory that Jump's chief editor chooses positions in TOC because of the popularity of the series in social media or in Japanese forums. One of the facts that makes me believe this theory is that Spring Weapon was good positions because the chief editor wants the manga sales have a boost in Vol #3. WNL has a good reception on Twitter and 2ch. Jump doesn't give good positions for WNL because it has doubts whether the manga will be successful or not. I'm sorry if the theory is kind of crazy.Me, too. Both have been pretty enjoyable so far. Sales are nothing without good ranking, though...
Yeah, it is crazy. The TOC is solely made by the polls. The editors talked about that many times and they say that it is made "keeping in mind the enjoyment", but we know that it is bullshit, the best thing for every reader is to find their favorite series quickly at the first pages and readers vote for their favorite series, period.It was only a small curiosity, if Hinomaru ends, WNL will serve as the manga that will sell the same as Hinomaru (for now). I have a theory that Jump's chief editor chooses positions in TOC because of the popularity of the series in social media or in Japanese forums. One of the facts that makes me believe this theory is that Spring Weapon was good positions because the chief editor wants the manga sales have a boost in Vol #3. WNL has a good reception on Twitter and 2ch. Jump doesn't give good positions for WNL because it has doubts whether the manga will be successful or not. I'm sorry if the theory is kind of crazy.
That part says the series listed in the preview but not getting color pages, which are Yuragi, Dr. Stone, and HxH.カラー表記は無いけど巻末予告に載ってた奴:ゆらぎ、ストーン、ハンタ
Anyone translate !
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Robot x Laserbeam Vol.01 First Print is around 200.000 copies.「ROBOT×LASERBEAM①」の初版は20万部前後(推測値)
So it seems the sales for the 3 newbies will be like people thought. But holy shit 200k first print is kinda ridiculous, though if it keeps that position near Yuragi it seems like it'll be pretty spot on. Spring Weapon continues to be a joke, not even passing Isobe or selling half of HZ. They have to be preparing it to replace Isobe, there's no other reason to keep it at this point. Some 2 volume cancel fodder series did significantly better than this...Shoseki ranking 7/4 :
6- Robot x Laserbeam 01
10- Dr. Stone 01
18- Harapeko no Marie 01
28- Isobe Isobee Monogatari 14
32- Spring Weapon Number One 03
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Robot x Laserbeam Vol.01 First Print is around 200.000 copies.
I reckon both the guy that wrote this miniseries and the guy that wrote Chikyuu Ningen Terra-chan miniseries were being tested by Jump before giving them their own series on the main magazine54- Macho Gourmet