1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!

3. Congratulations Ustegius for winning the Brothers set contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Time for a short story. The theme is Dystopia. Showcase your writting skills!

Voting has begun for the Self Portrait Drawing contest!.
  4. The Waifu Wars 2017 Semifinals have begun! Bring the salt and cast your votes!
  5. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Discussion in 'Manga News' started by jagman1x3, Jan 11, 2017.

1. G_I_A

G_I_A Banned

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Brazil
    Please guys... It's clearly Kyubasta...

2. EmDee

EmDee Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    The recent Kimetsu chapter was really funny, loved the cute facial expressions. Hype for the new arc, they seem to only improve each time.

3. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    Asta was conscious while using that power, that's already 100 times more control than Naruto or Ichigo had when they used their Kyubi/Hollow powers for the first time. Asta didn't try to kill everyone while using that power and even spared Ladros, another 100 times more control than these two.

4. razerxs

razerxs Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Galactic Republic
    [​IMG]
    You're expecting way too much from this demon thing. It's not some god of destruction, at least on the power scale of this series. The boy gets swatted down like a gnat.

5. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    The demon was about to wipe out all of humanity, that's what it literally says one the first page of the first chapter of the manga.
    [​IMG]

6. razerxs

razerxs Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Galactic Republic
    Ah. I never assumed that the demons would be the same thing but I guess that's the main trope that comes to mind.
    [​IMG]
    Still don't quite see the resemblance either; it missing a bunch of appendages and there's a physical corpse thing. With the villains shtick being the three eyes I assumed there was a whole race of these things.

7. kewl0210

kewl0210 Translator

United States
    I'm translating the Shimabu-Oda one-shot. Should get done pretty soon. I definitely recommend it becuase it's sort of a chronology of both Oda and Shimabukuro's history with Jump as told by Shimabuu.

Brandish, Rain Storm, G_I_A and 5 others like this.
  8. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Brazil
    I didn't know Oda and Shimabukuro are friends at that level, interesting... Gonna read when it comes out.

9. ElJin

ElJin Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    That's wrong man hahaha. At least to me, "controlling the power" means you can fight the way you want, be free to activate it anytime and use the power freely, managing it. You're completely right when you say that Asta don't lost the conscience and that's more than Naruto in his first contacts with Kyuubi, but if Asta can't fight using this power freely, I wouldn't call it "controlling".

And the demon that almost destroyed the humanity in 1st chapter isn't the same of Asta's grimoire dude haahaha.

10. ShenGao

ShenGao Mangahelper

Mangahelper

Germany
    You mean activating and using it like this?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You mean fighting like this?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You got any proof for that? Both of them are called a demon in the 1st chapter.

11. Avok

Avok Registered User

Dominican Republic
    We complain that Black Clover is generic and then get mad because it does things different that other series.

???

KageTrigger, razerxs and G_I_A like this.
  12. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Mangahelper

Mangahelper

United States
    Guys, this isn't the Black Clover thread.

13. ElJin

ElJin Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Brazil
    If you just continue reading that same chapter that you used to give me the example, you would understand exactly my point:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll use just Asta's words:

"Whoa! Whoa! I can't stop!!"
    "At least I'm heading to the peak, but what is it aiming at...?"
    "Bwaaaahhh!! I'm going straight into the lava!!"
    "I couldn't control it, but I can use that power...!!" - Asta himself said that, what more do we want?

That's my point, man. I agree with you that he can activate the power with no injuries or something like that, but he can't fight the way he want to. Against Ladros, he was being controlled by the Queen of Witches and almost killed all his friends, remember? He can active the power, but can't use it appropriately, this is my point of view.

About the Demon, they're just completely different (even in visual). The 1st chapter's one is the goal of Byakuya no Magan, they're trying to ressurrect it.

14. Rain Storm

Rain Storm Registered User

Galactic Empire
    I'm hyped too but I don't want this to be a trend.

Face an incredible powerful foe > Loses/Realize the power gap > Train > Start New Arc

15. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    People arguing on BC, I'm just over here ecstatic that the teacher in WNL isn't going to be a gorilla. Suddenly best girl after the recent issue but I doubt Jump will let this go the KissxSis route.

Brandish likes this.
  16. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Registered User

Australia
    SO viz did that Shimabu One Shot and it was incredible. Had a smile on my face the entire time. It's awesome he did something like that for Oda and that theyre still so close.

Ecchi Boy likes this.
  17. giathuan2707

giathuan2707 Registered User

United States
    the one shot IS AWESOME

18. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    Everybody discussing Black Clover and Asta demon all that, but nobody answered the fundamental question: Asta demon has tails? :3c
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 ---
    Why would she be? There wasn't any clue that she would be. Not all tsundere (she is tsundere?) are like Chitoge, but all of them have a tongue like spikes, there are other ways to be tsundere. But she is not tsundere, not at all.

19. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    I fell for this trap before so I just had to be cautious bro. I like this older woman vibe with her, she won't win but it's starting to become Takemoto and her for me.

20. Leoat12

Leoat12 Registered User

Brazil
    You fell into this trap before? With Chitoge or someone else? Because Chitoge was always like that since day one. XD
    But you know, this thing that Chitoge is a gorilla and all that became an internal joke and even an affectionate way to call Chitoge. She laugh when Raku gave her the gorilla plush, so it doesn't bother Chitoge fans at all. XD
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Original Post Date: Jul 17, 2017 ---
    Sorry Posuka Demizu, but Shimabukuro wins as the best tribute. The oneshot was great, showed a human side of Oda that people forget that exists because he is just the greatest of all time. Even though he is in such a high level, he never ceased to be a nice guy like when he drew to Shimabukuro sister. He keeps true to himself. He is not only a great mangaka, but also a great man. I really would like to have the privilege to meet him.