Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Wait, so are you saying that she's a good female protagonist because she's basically a genderbent male mc? That doesn't really sound right.
No, I'm saying she isn't a genderbent male mc, that's just how we perceive her because we associate generic shounen mc traits with males.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My level of desperation to change the subject is: Let's talk about Black Clover! XD
But I found something more interesting, Jump+ new series:

I'm bewildered by the title and the commentary below it. These times is when I rethink why I study Japanese. XD
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It's funny how much TOEI is overhyping this fight

Not gonna lie though it was a well made PV
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah, I was wondering why it was so hyped up when I saw the PV on twitter. It's not even a "fight", it's just Luffy taking hits.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's funny how much TOEI is overhyping this fight

Not gonna lie though it was a well made PV
Man, they made looks like it is the battle of the century when it is just a one-sided "battle" where Luffy doesn't do anything. It is very symbolic, but it is not that epic like they pictured, even I, who knows what happened, want to watch it. Well, they did great, we cannot deny that. XD
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's funny how much TOEI is overhyping this fight

Not gonna lie though it was a well made PV
Toei overhyping a fight that was only a chapter and a half long? Comparing a minor scuffle to Judas betraying Jesus? Overselling it much but lets hope they at least save some money for the Nami and Carrot bath scene I mean the many more important fights that await this arc! :3c
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The animation looks pretty good, One Piece animation quality rose that much or Toei is just sugar coating it?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The animation looks pretty good, One Piece animation quality rose that much or Toei is just sugar coating it?
Sugar coating it. OP's animation mostly looks bad and Toei spreads their good animators on specific scenes rather than episodes which are only a few seconds long.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Pretty much but knowing some of the sakuga community it's going to be a big circle jerk.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
It's funny how much TOEI is overhyping this fight

Not gonna lie though it was a well made PV
For people that haven't read the manga, and there are millions that haven't, its a good way to draw them in. Luffy is fighting Sanji, who is a sworn crewmate. This is huge especially when the show makes the concept of nakama to be a huge thing and for Sanji to "betray" Luffy, its a pretty big deal. It also helps hype up kids ages 12 and under, which are one of the main demographics of the anime.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sugar coating it. OP's animation mostly looks bad and Toei spreads their good animators on specific scenes rather than episodes which are only a few seconds long.
As I suspected...
They spent more money in this PV than in 5 episodes of the anime at least. :derp
I really wanted to catch up with One Piece anime because no matter the animation, the fights are still epic, but... My time is already limited, I think it is not worth it. Let's continue with the manga.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For people that haven't read the manga, and there are millions that haven't, its a good way to draw them in. Luffy is fighting Sanji, who is a sworn crewmate. This is huge especially when the show makes the concept of nakama to be a huge thing and for Sanji to "betray" Luffy, its a pretty big deal. It also helps hype up kids ages 12 and under, which are one of the main demographics of the anime.
I keep forgetting that a bulk of OP's audience don't even keep up with the current manga, there was even a headline about Sanji getting married a few months back despite the fact that wedding had already been hijacked in the latest chapter.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece is the most popular manga in the planet, they really can get away for months (the distance between manga and anime) without having any spoilers? Unless Japanese people are also very well behaved about this. XD
 
Last edited:

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
In other news, man, the 3 Kings arc in YYH is so boring, it´s basically a long-ass way for Togashi to justify the Deux Ex Machina that Yusuke used against Sensui. Anyone is on the same page?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece is the most popular manga in the planet, they really can get away for months (the distance between manga and anime) without having any spoilers? Unless Japanese people are also very well behaved about this. XD
A lot of them just watch the anime much like Detective Conan
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In other news, man, the 3 Kings arc in YYH is so boring, it´s basically a long-ass way for Togashi to justify the Deux Ex Machina that Yusuke used against Sensui. Anyone is on the same page?
Did you watch the anime or read the manga? The anime is version of that arc is a step up from the manga though still not very good, in the manga its clear Togashi didn't give a shit and shat it out.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Since we're talking about OP's anime I have an odd topic but first MHA's season ends in 2 episodes on the most HYPE chapter, almost done HxH so meaning I'll only have Boruto on tap for a weekly watch until BC and Ancient Magus Bride starts so I think this is a good time to pick the OP anime back up.

As for the topic is this Carrot character a meme in the fandom? I see the comments on YouTube ranging from wanting to kill her to wanting to have sex with a rabbit. All I see is Lola Bunny with huge tits. I've always wondered what kind of crowd authors go for when they make anthropomorphic characters, attractive ones at that. I actually like when we get whacky designs for characters, it obviously depends on the the series but it's nice to go something off script but sheesh, I'm reading the comments under the Chimera Ant episodes and I see shit like "don't care if she's a cat I'll do unspeakable things to Neferpitou" or "we can make 12 cat kids". Lol uhh, what's the truth?
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Since we're talking about OP's anime I have an odd topic but first MHA's season ends in 2 episodes on the most HYPE chapter, almost done HxH so meaning I'll only have Boruto on tap for a weekly watch until BC and Ancient Magus Bride starts so I think this is a good time to pick the OP anime back up.

As for the topic is this Carrot character a meme in the fandom? I see the comments on YouTube ranging from wanting to kill her to wanting to have sex with a rabbit. All I see is Lola Bunny with huge tits. I've always wondered what kind of crowd authors go for when they make anthropomorphic characters, attractive ones at that. I actually like when we get whacky designs for characters, it obviously depends on the the series but it's nice to go something off script but sheesh, I'm reading the comments under the Chimera Ant episodes and I see shit like "don't care if she's a cat I'll do unspeakable things to Neferpitou" or "we can make 12 cat kids". Lol uhh, what's the truth?
Well, see that`s the problem, you read YouTube comments. And as for characters like Carrot or Neferpitou, well, they aren`t any stranger than the new craze of monster girls, which are half-animal. At least they are mostly human.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Well, see that`s the problem, you read YouTube comments. And as for characters like Carrot or Neferpitou, well, they aren`t any stranger than the new craze of monster girls, which are half-animal. At least they are mostly human.
:derp lol. The youtube comments I read were the carrot ones, I read the comments for the hxh episodes on whatever illegal site I watch it on. So kissanime for these. But yeah true, I still find it funny. If the series makes them out to be human with inhuman or animalistic features I wouldn't say it's shameful to be attracted to them but guess when it comes to anthropomorphic characters it's funny to see the reaction of the people that go in way too deep with it. OP, DBZ, MHA do this alot with tons of its characters.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think American people has a weak spot for monster girls because it looks a real big thing there. I personally don't see Japanese talking much about it. XD
My tastes are merely cat ears and the like, most of the time some kind of replica, not a real monster girl. A snake girl wrapping you around is out of the question.
In MHA, Uraraka, Momo (MOMO) and Toga are more attractive to me than Tsuyu.
Momo > any girl ni MH
 
Last edited:

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Did you watch the anime or read the manga? The anime is version of that arc is a step up from the manga though still not very good, in the manga its clear Togashi didn't give a shit and shat it out.
Well, in the anime is still like Togashi didn't give a shit and shat it out. Seriously, this series has the BIG problem of lacking worldbuilding, or being inconsistent with the little it has. Once again I say it´s basically a long-ass way for Togashi to justify the Deux Ex Machina that Yusuke used against Sensui. And no, the tournament is not as exciting as Dark Tournament
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top