Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I hope some Brazilian publisher get Yuragi, I bet JBC will get it.
Yuragi is a great ecchi, I can not remember the last time I enjoyed an ecchi so much.
It's just a great manga in general.
It's not just a simple ecchi, it's able to balance multiple genres and have a cast of loveable characters the mangaka cares about growing.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I would say one moment, just one that would agree with Leoat's criticism of Yuragi. The last panel of Chapter 76 was honestly something you'd see in World's End or TLR. It was pretty eye-opening no matter how you look at it. All the other ecchi scenes have been more slapstick comedy than softcore, which is why Yuragi is so much more entertaining than most of its genre.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I have not been sticking with romance that much lately, I'm reading slice of life and some adventure/battle (not necessarily shounen) manga. However, I was always adept of a more pure kind of romance where girls are not viewed as a piece of meat, but as humans who have feelings. It is really hard to conciliate the two things so I prefer not reading ecchi anymore (I read in the past, but I'm stopping more and more, I matured so to speak).
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 82 of Yuragi gave me so many feels ;-;
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece are always on the top so people tend to forget about it around here, but it has been extraordinary lately story-wise, but what about sale-wise? It was not long ago that people were saying that its sales was decreasing, the trend continues? Part of this may have digital release as a reason? Because let's be honest, One Piece is already almost impossible to collect, if I were to start reading it now buying volumes I would be digital without a doubt.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
One Piece are always on the top so people tend to forget about it around here, but it has been extraordinary lately story-wise, but what about sale-wise? It was not long ago that people were saying that its sales was decreasing, the trend continues? Part of this may have digital release as a reason? Because let's be honest, One Piece is already almost impossible to collect, if I were to start reading it now buying volumes I would be digital without a doubt.
One Piece is steady. It basically varies around 100k to 200k up or down but that's almost negligible. Its first printing back at Volume 84 is still at a steady 3.6 million, almost 1.6 million more than the No.2 spot in AoT at 2.07 million. Volume 86 is still most likely at the same number.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
One Piece are always on the top so people tend to forget about it around here, but it has been extraordinary lately story-wise, but what about sale-wise? It was not long ago that people were saying that its sales was decreasing, the trend continues? Part of this may have digital release as a reason? Because let's be honest, One Piece is already almost impossible to collect, if I were to start reading it now buying volumes I would be digital without a doubt.
Really? I feel this is by far one of the weakest arcs in One Piece. I just want it to fucking end already so I can just breeze through it. Also, I never felt so unenthusiastic about reading OP until this arc started.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece is steady. It basically varies around 100k to 200k up or down but that's almost negligible. Its first printing back at Volume 84 is still at a steady 3.6 million, almost 1.6 million more than the No.2 spot in AoT at 2.07 million. Volume 86 is still most likely at the same number.
The bold part is like the difference between life and death for 99.9% of the series. :derp
Well, it looks good... It never goes down no matter it happens... :luffy
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
This is tangential to this thread but it is Dragon Ball so its still relevant.

The 1 Hr Special this past weekend got a TV rating of 3.5.

ドラゴンボール超秋の1時間SP
フジテレビ 17/10/08(日) 9:00-60 3.5
It was 0.2% lower than Curious George.

The One Piece Special got a 4.7. While this is due to Kamen Rider/Sentai moving in at the same time, it should be noted that TV ratings are on a downward trend. Sazae-san also only got a 9.7 this past week.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Damn, that's a drop still. Seemed like every time people posted the ratings when MHA S2 was airing it was always in the 5 range, at worst 4.5.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Damn, that's a drop still. Seemed like every time people posted the ratings when MHA S2 was airing it was always in the 5 range, at worst 4.5.
Its the other way around. Heroaca peaked at 4.5.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Actually, if I remember correctly Hero Academia was always high 3s low 4s. I think the highest it got was 4.5
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Its the other way around. Heroaca peaked at 4.5.
Nah I meant DBS was always in the 5 range. I don't remember it dropping lower than 4 when MHA was airing.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Times are changing after all... Japan marketing companies really to update their numbers to the 21st century including digital audience like Nico Nico and stuff, the same for books. They probably have these numbers, they are not naive, but they could, like, make them public. XD
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I was thinking about Neverland's (potential) anime and I realized that if it did get one, it could potentially be a big hit here in the west. It doesn't have any of those "cringey" elements that anime typically has. It could be a really good entry level anime and I can see it being called the "new Death Note" with all the mind games and plot twists that happen in the first arc.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I was thinking about Neverland's (potential) anime and I realized that if it did get one, it could potentially be a big hit here in the west. It doesn't have any of those "cringey" elements that anime typically has. It could be a really good entry level anime and I can see it being called the "new Death Note" with all the mind games and plot twists that happen in the first arc.
The manga is already probably the biggest new series without an anime here in the west.
So if it were to get an anime I think it's pretty guaranteed that the series will be huge here.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Neverland will be the hot thing when it airs, 100%
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
each chapter is translated here in America every week
The first volume won't be released until December. How can you say its "big" in the west when ut hasn't been released here?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top