Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I assume every bc is still soing well enough to chart so I guess its best performing manga adaptation this season.

I didnt see uqholder making waves poor touta-nii.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
How are SnS's backlogs with the new season? I haven't been watching season 3 but looks like some find it disappointing. If the Japanese think the same way and it bombs then no season 4.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I assume every bc is still soing well enough to chart so I guess its best performing manga adaptation this season.

I didnt see uqholder making waves poor touta-nii.
How are SnS's backlogs with the new season? I haven't been watching season 3 but looks like some find it disappointing. If the Japanese think the same way and it bombs then no season 4.
all of BC volumes are on the list the highest is 145 and the lowest is 227
only the 2 most recent volumes of UQ and Food wars are on the list, in comparison BnHA which doesn't even have an anime now have 8 volumes in the list
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How are SnS's backlogs with the new season? I haven't been watching season 3 but looks like some find it disappointing. If the Japanese think the same way and it bombs then no season 4.
Food Wars anime is decent but its just decent in the sort of *look at the screen only when a panel I wanted to see animated is finally animated* way and not a BLack Clover or Shippuden/Boruto *oh my eyes are so glued to the screen as Im drooling in excitement to see my boys in action* way. Food Wars is just a plain run of the mill adaptation.

Also Im sure people by now have already bought the manga if they were interested in both the 1st and 2nd season at this point in time.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Food Wars anime is decent but its just decent in the sort of *look at the screen only when a panel I wanted to see animated is finally animated* way and not a BLack Clover or Shippuden/Boruto *oh my eyes are so glued to the screen as Im drooling in excitement to see my boys in action* way. Food Wars is just a plain run of the mill adaptation.

Also Im sure people by now have already bought the manga if they were interested in both the 1st and 2nd season at this point in time.
I noticed YonkouProductions post that S3 of Shokugeki is the most disappointing anime and was surprised that people agreed. Apparently it's really bland with how it's directed.

I don't think season 1 felt that way and season 2 was a mess for me.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I noticed YonkouProductions post that S3 of Shokugeki is the most disappointing anime and was surprised that people agreed. Apparently it's really bland with how it's directed.

I don't think season 1 felt that way and season 2 was a mess for me.
I was one of those people that agreed. I don't really have a say in it though since i never finished season 2 but from what i saw it looked just like season 2. Using your words, it was a mess.

But it's still in Jump so it's gotta be good right?
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'm still surprised it even got a season 3 in the first place. The disc sales were abysmal, so I'm guessing the merch was strong.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't read or watch Shokugeki, but I checked out an episode because of the discussion about it. What threw me off was how the camera was constantly panning. It rarely ever sat still, and it made it hard to watch. Maybe it's not a problem throughout the season, and was just that one episode I watched.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jump weekly sales 20/11 to 26/11 (I only copied stuff in the top 50)
6-One Piece #87
32-Dragon Ball Side Story: The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha
34-Boku no Hero Academia #16
46-Dragon Ball Super #4

※30位以下のおおまかな実売目安(推定)
30位34600/50位20500/100位11200/200位5700/300位3500/400位2500/500位2000


Dragon Garow Lee new work when?
Not even once we saw Black Clover volumes in the top 50.

what a flop.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People thought it was going to be a hit?
Maybe it will be after we see the Peter Jackson adaptation.

I'm excited to see Elijah Wood as Asta.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Not even once we saw Black Clover volumes in the top 50.

what a flop.
You should wait another two weeks to decide whether it will grow or not. Volume 14 comes out on the 4th and we'll get the numbers the following week so it can be seen then whether 10 episodes gave it any growth yet. Hopefully its able to reach 250k in a month this next volume.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It still has an excellent chance to reach Naruto level. Its not like that was firing on all cylinders to push manga volumes within its 9th episode airing.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
It's not selling one million copies per volume after 9 episodes. It's obviously a flop dude.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
People thought it was going to be a hit?
I am really enjoying the anime. In my opinion it should sell much more.
The opening, the music, the voices and the characters... all has been made so good
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It still has an excellent chance to reach Naruto level. Its not like that was firing on all cylinders to push manga volumes within its 9th episode airing.
Where do you get this idea that it has a chance of reaching Naruto levels? I usually ignore what you say for obvious reasons, but now I'm genuinely curious to see your reasoning. By the way, you can't say "cute boys".
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It's not selling one million copies per volume after 9 episodes. It's obviously a flop dude.
Or even half a million lol
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
It still has an excellent chance to reach Naruto level. Its not like that was firing on all cylinders to push manga volumes within its 9th episode airing.
And what gives you that idea?
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It still has an excellent chance to reach Naruto level. Its not like that was firing on all cylinders to push manga volumes within its 9th episode airing.
its more likely that Megan Fox will become my girlfriend tomorrow, that suddenly Black Clover starts selling 1,2kk per volume after the anime gives almost no boost at all even after 9 episodes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top