Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh my god, finally, i have been waiting this for so long.

Please don't be like Saiki, and give a good boost.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Just popping by again to say
YEEAAAAHHHH BBOOIIII HHZZZ ANIMUUUUU.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What if its up being a flash online one episode anime,
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Jump GIGA Winter 2018 #3
Cover, Nero stickers, Asta vs Mars Anime Poster: Black Clover
Lead CP: Exorcist no Deshi Satan (Oneshot, 50p, Ryo Ishiyama (Amalgam of Distortion))
- Alternative vol cover for Haikyuu
- Saiki K anime S2 poster
- Kimetsu extra chapter (Kimetsu Gakuen)
CPs for some GIGA series ending as well
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It's really satisfying to see Hinomaruzumou get its chance for high level promotion. But I still can't help but worry if it was a sensible decision to continue the manga and if the professional arc can match the inter high arc quality. At the very least, now Kawada should have enough time to give the arc his best.
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
OMFG HZ IS GETTING AN ANIME. IF IT'S PRODUCTION IG IT'S GAME OVER FOR ALL ANIMES FOR THE NEXT DECADE. MIYAZAKI IS PROBABLY SHITTING HIMSELF AT THE THOUGHT OF THIS GORGEOUS MANGA GETTING AN ANIME BLESSED BY PRODUCTION IG.

In all seriousness, I'm hyped. Ideally everyone wants IG but it most likely would be Toei. Even if it is Toei I would still be somewhat hyped since it's better than nothing. I'm really looking forward to the backlog sales on this once it gets an anime.

I also just saw the new HZ volume cover, it looks great definitely the best this round. Also cool how it makes a spread with the previous volume, a good one at that.

I'll take this announcement as an late xmas gift.
Edit: What I mean is, is this HZ announcement one of the anime announcements for WSJ that took the longest?
JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
OMFG HZ IS GETTING AN ANIME. IF IT'S PRODUCTION IG IT'S GAME OVER FOR ALL ANIMES FOR THE NEXT DECADE. MIYAZAKI IS PROBABLY SHITTING HIMSELF AT THE THOUGHT OF THIS GORGEOUS MANGA GETTING AN ANIME BLESSED BY PRODUCTION IG.

In all seriousness, I'm hyped. Ideally everyone wants IG but it most likely would be Toei. Even if it is Toei I would still be somewhat hyped since it's better than nothing. I'm really looking forward to the backlog sales on this once it gets an anime.

I also just saw the new HZ volume cover, it looks great definitely the best this round. Also cool how it makes a spread with the previous volume, a good one at that.

I'll take this announcement as an late xmas gift.

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
Agreed, better than nothing even if it ends up being made by Toei.

Someone else gave an even better example than Jojo with Kochikame. The thing is, Jojo did get some OVA adaptations.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Wow! The Neverland Kono Sugoi boost is still going really strong! Good to see Kimetsu get to the 120k mark.

Edit: I don't know, are those good numbers for Black Clover? How's the anime boost going for it?
It already got the 120k mark with the last volume. For the first time, it's a slight decrease. This growth has come to a stop for now

●鬼滅の刃
│ 初動. (日)│ 2週計| 3週計| 4週計| 5週計┃  累計 (日数)┃ 発売日.│タイトル
│**圏外 (3)│------│------│------│------┃*,**,圏外 (**3)┃2016/06|鬼滅の刃 1 ※初動16,966以下
│*16323 (4)│------│------│------│------┃*,*16,323 (**4)┃2016/08|鬼滅の刃 2
│*25967 (6)│------│------│------│------┃*,*25,967 (**6)┃2016/10|鬼滅の刃 3
│*21815 (3)│------│------│------│------┃*,*21,815 (**3)┃2016/12|鬼滅の刃 4
│*41476 (3)│*65822│------│------│------┃*,*65,822 (*10)┃2017/03|鬼滅の刃 5
│*65937 (6)│*84742│------│------│------┃*,*84,742 (*13)┃2017/05|鬼滅の刃 6
│*57083 (3)│*96527│------│------│------┃*,*96,527 (*10)┃2017/08|鬼滅の刃 7
│*81312 (5)│109936│122681│------│------┃*,122,681 (*19)┃2017/10|鬼滅の刃 8
│*89077 (7)│110729│------│------│------┃*,110,729 (*14)┃2017/12|鬼滅の刃 9
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Dang, woke up to see a ton of new pages for discussion. Figured either something was announced to be axed or something had an adaptation announced. I'm glad it was the latter. While I don't follow Zumo, it's nice to see a long-running series with great internal and polling popularity but low sales get its chance for a push through an adaptation.

As for the TOC, Spring Weapon has spoken, and Cross Account (already indirectly-confirmed dead), Shudan, Golem Hearts, and Full Drive are all in grave danger. I know we've been speculating which of the 4 (basically 3 since Cross Account is gone) would be spared, but now I'm not sure which one will be saved. I was thinking Golem Hearts, but now I really have no clue. Looks like the one-shots won't take up a spot since there's one already in Issue 6.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dang, woke up to see a ton of new pages for discussion. Figured either something was announced to be axed or something had an adaptation announced.
When was the last time something that was axed had tons of discussion?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
When was the last time something that was axed had tons of discussion?
Ole golazo bamba the man

But not the discussion about that, discussion about how the author should write galaxy gangs instead lol.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
When was the last time something that was axed had tons of discussion?
Not too sure. I haven't been on this site for that long, so I don't think I've witnessed anything from WSJ get axed yet. I knew Zumo had an important announcement coming that sparked a lot of discussion, so maybe fans voicing their discontent. I'm glad that's not what happened.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
It's really satisfying to see Hinomaruzumou get its chance for high level promotion. But I still can't help but worry if it was a sensible decision to continue the manga and if the professional arc can match the inter high arc quality. At the very least, now Kawada should have enough time to give the arc his best.
It is better, no question about it. If anything the school setting has been holding it back.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
If HZ triples its sale then it would be 1 million in backlog sales.

35 * 3 = ~100k, 70k differences ( 70000 * 18 ~ 1 million).

That's HUGEEEE for Kawada.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It is better, no question about it. If anything the school setting has been holding it back.
Why do you think that? School setting gave the series its team fight aspect which was certainly part of the appeal while in the professional world it's every big guy for himself. Thankfully, the rivalry between all the fighters is the other aspect that made the series good in the first palce, and most of the cast graduated together with Ushio and is still around. I do like that right from the start Kawada has established the current yokozuna as the final immovable obstacle, just like with Kuze in the highscool arc. And unlike Kuze before, he is gradually developing yokozuna as an actual character.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I know I'm late but can I just say

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Do you guys expect HZ to be a long running series given how much material there is
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you guys expect HZ to be a long running series given how much material there is
From recent memory I can't think of to many long running sports anime that have aired after the 2000's I'm not saying it's impossible, but given the most recent ones I think its a pretty high probability it'll be set for a cour. count upon it's airing. Though I think it depends first if it is indeed a TV anime or just an OVA, I'm more inclined to think it may just be an OVA given the supreme amount of marketability WSJ missed out on for it this past Jump Festa if it was a TV anime, but Zumo has had a weird run anyway so its not outside the realm of possibility that its a TV anime.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
From recent memory I can't think of to many long running sports anime that have aired after the 2000's I'm not saying it's impossible, but given the most recent ones I think its a pretty high probability it'll be set for a cour. count upon it's airing. Though I think it depends first if it is indeed a TV anime or just an OVA, I'm more inclined to think it may just be an OVA given the supreme amount of marketability WSJ missed out on for it this past Jump Festa if it was a TV anime, but Zumo has had a weird run anyway so its not outside the realm of possibility that its a TV anime.
We dont even know if its a tv anime.
Assuming that is a tv anime, which I’m assuming it will be, is the question
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top