Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
NEW 2/6 ジャンプ 鬼滅の刃 1〜4 吾峠 呼世晴
NEW 2/6 ジャンプ ドラゴンボール超 1、2 とよたろう/鳥山 明

Another reprint for Dragonball Super and Kimetsu no Yaiba
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Yeah....I know..


Still as you mention in One Piece Copyright....................Fuji TV is the biggest producer in One Piece anime ........ and you may already know it but Fuji Tv Own (7.14%) from Toei

One Piece Production committee (for GOLD):
FujiTV
Toei Animation
Toei Co.
Shueisha
Bandai
Bandai Namco Ent.

Where are you getting the Fuji TV is a bigger producer from? The fact that Toei Animation handles all One Piece Foreign efforts should be enough to indicate otherwise.

A Television channel having a percentage, a really minor one, is not out of ordenary and it doesn't mean much. Fuji TV invest a ton of series together with Toei Animation, and they would like to get a assurance and extra money from their partner, as well as support it. Toei Animation has huge partnerships with Fuji TV and TV Asahi and many sponsorship relations with Bandai Namco, and so all of those have small stocks in the company:
Toei Company (32%)
TV Asahi (14.29%)
Fuji Television (7.14%)
Bandai Namco Holdings (2.00%)
Sony (1.86%)

The rest is Public Stock!

Yep, One Piece Film Gold has a Production Committee constituted with those companies, what is the point of that part of the post?
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How about now? Not that stupid huh?

And we ALL should care about new (and bad) series getting axed. That way they can make room for real good ones.
Yeah I said you'd look stupid if it didn't get canceled. I don't see why you were so hyped up about it getting canceled anyways, did the mangaka cuss out your mom?
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
How about now? Not that stupid huh?

And we ALL should care about new (and bad) series getting axed. That way they can make room for real good ones.
Made this account just to tell you that you are making yourself look stupid

What you would consider "Real Good" could be considered pure trash to another individual.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shokugeki no Soma in 5th + CP next week!
The series is going anywhere any time soon! Stay strong Shokugeki!
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
How about now? Not that stupid huh?

And we ALL should care about new (and bad) series getting axed. That way they can make room for real good ones.
Gee whiz, you guessed that a mediocre series that runs in a magazine where most new serialzations get cancelled would be cancelled.
What a prophetic genius we have here.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Where are you getting the Fuji TV is a bigger producer from? The fact that Toei Animation handles all One Piece Foreign efforts should be enough to indicate otherwise.

A Television channel having a percentage, a really minor one, is not out of ordenary and it doesn't mean much. Fuji TV invest a ton of series together with Toei Animation, and they would like to get a assurance and extra money from their partner, as well as support it. Toei Animation has huge partnerships with Fuji TV and TV Asahi and many sponsorship relations with Bandai Namco, and so all of those have small stocks in the company:
Toei Company (32%)
TV Asahi (14.29%)
Fuji Television (7.14%)
Bandai Namco Holdings (2.00%)
Sony (1.86%)

The rest is Public Stock!

Yep, One Piece Film Gold has a Production Committee constituted with those companies, what is the point of that part of the post?
I GIVE UP ......i really don't have any interest..... and NOT lot of knowledge in anime Production.......so...I AM OUT....
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
NEW 2/6 ジャンプ 鬼滅の刃 1〜4 吾峠 呼世晴
NEW 2/6 ジャンプ ドラゴンボール超 1、2 とよたろう/鳥山 明

Another reprint for Dragonball Super and Kimetsu no Yaiba
Hell yeah, stay strong KnY! I'm slowly getting more and more invested in the series. I might start buying the Japanese volumes soon, but I'll wait until Viz's big announcements to see if they pick it up. Importing volumes on a regular basis is costly!
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Hell yeah, stay strong KnY! I'm slowly getting more and more invested in the series. I might start buying the Japanese volumes soon, but I'll wait until Viz's big announcements to see if they pick it up. Importing volumes on a regular basis is costly!
How many volumes do you buy each month? It costs me 7$ (included shipping, no tax) to import Yuragi every 2-3 months. The trick is not to buy on Amazon JP (when buying individual volume). Shoot me a pm if you want some more information.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I GIVE UP ......i really don't have any interest..... and NOT lot of knowledge in anime Production.......so...I AM OUT....
I didn't understood what your position even was, what was your claim?

The only think I van guess is that evento though you know, or say that you know that a production committee is a group of companies that converge and work as just one fictional and a franchise exclusive company, you still think the aggreement Toei Animation has with Fuji TV, even though delineated as separated, is the samething.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
How many volumes do you buy each month? It costs me 7$ (included shipping, no tax) to import Yuragi every 2-3 months. The trick is not to buy on Amazon JP (when buying individual volume). Shoot me a pm if you want some more information.
I don't buy Japanese volumes every month. The only series I buy on a consistent basis is MHA, which I pretty much buy everything for(limed editions, the spin-offs, character book, etc). It's costly, but I'm passionate about it. Everything else I just buy every now and then like Gintama, Saiki, and previously Bleach. I might hit you up some time then. I do use Amazon, but I always buy more than one volume at a time.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I didn't understood what your position even was, what was your claim?

The only think I van guess is that evento though you know, or say that you know that a production committee is a group of companies that converge and work as just one fictional and a franchise exclusive company, you still think the aggreement Toei Animation has with Fuji TV, even though delineated as separated, is the samething.
What I am trying to say is that Toei doesn't have 100% control over their projects.....and
Yeah don't want discuss something I'm not sure about it.....
 
Last edited:

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What I am trying to say is that Toei doesn't have 100% control over their projects.....and
Yeah don't want discuss something I'm not sure about it.....

But what has that to do with it not being a Production Committee? And needing the approval and decisions for everything they do about the project?

Everything having to be done and agreed together, or at least notified, is the basis of a Production Committee. Such a thing isn't the deal with Toei Animation franchises.

About 100% control over a project. Nobody, anywhere has that. You just need to talk about sponsors, that basically the only deal they officially have is giving money for visibility. Though due to the money they give they certainly have some influence over the production of the series. Still that just means indirect control and shouldn't be accounted, unless if we talking of a highly specific and related aspect.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It costs me 7$ (included shipping, no tax) to import Yuragi every 2-3 months.
Well, at least there's incentive to import Yuragi. I'm curious why the redrawers that fanscan the series don't just... you know, add to certain censored scenes. >_>
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean I didn't have personal attachments to Red Sprite, Amalgam, Demon's Plan, shit even Roggy or Ultra Battle Satellite, but it still sucks ass to see these series get canceled. For me personally I love battle shonen (I also love seinen, Inoue and Urasawa are my favorite mangakas along with Pun Pun and Berserk being great series to read, Young Jump had alot of enjoyable stuff too). Battle shonen is what made me excited and glued to the TV. The YouTube community was cancerous but super fun. With the exit with all the flagship series, all I want are more fun battle shonen to look forward to every week along with MHA, OP, etc. Sports and gag series are fun and all but this is generally what I look forward to, and I dislike the approach of canceling mangas before they can even get their 2nd volume out. I don't understand how you can dislike a manga so much that you want it gone from the magazine. Super disrespectful just comprehending how much effort and time consuming making one is
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If you're only looking for a fun battle manga to look forward to every week you can check out other magazines
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Well, at least there's incentive to import Yuragi. I'm curious why the redrawers that fanscan the series don't just... you know, add to certain censored scenes. >_>
Simple, it's way hard to re-draw/add those "Nipps". They have to remove all the magic lights and steams. So it is WAY easier to wait for the digital volume to get dump online :/

-----------------------------------

I want a good battle shonen that take place in Steampunk/Cyberpunk era. It's probably harder to do instead of Fantasy for a Japanese Mangaka, but I hope it will be done someday.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah I said you'd look stupid if it didn't get canceled. I don't see why you were so hyped up about it getting canceled anyways, did the mangaka cuss out your mom?
Wow that was a nice reply huh? Keep it up. You almost made me cry.

Made this account just to tell you that you are making yourself look stupid


What you would consider "Real Good" could be considered pure trash to another individual.
You really care about me huh? I'm moved xD

Still cancelled.

Gee whiz, you guessed that a mediocre series that runs in a magazine where most new serialzations get cancelled would be cancelled.
What a prophetic genius we have here.
Well for somebody that called me stupid to said the "obvious" it makes no much sense to have that reply =)

If you're only looking for a fun battle manga to look forward to every week you can check out other magazines
Magi and Sinbad are fucking great right now. Double recommend it.


It's amazing how people here are passionate about their series. They do know how the toc works, they do know that it's pretty much cancelled and they still thinks it will be a success and they cry and get mad when somebody come here and state the "obvious". Haha
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you're only looking for a fun battle manga to look forward to every week you can check out other magazines
I read those too friend
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top