Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Just started reading Dance Club, and this is the most adorable thing I've ever read
I remember smiling from ear to ear when I read it. The MCs are adorable, that includes their interactions. I need to get back to reading it now that the scans have begun again.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
New CVs released for My Hero Academia anime
I can't believe they're still holding back my baby boy Shinsou.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
DP's latest chapter was not bad. There was definitely more heart in this chapter. Also, I feel the protagonist should change from Boro to Eus.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
One positive I give the chapter is that people asked why Imoortality would be a bad thing, but this chapter displays the negatives of that.

But it left me with questions with how the demon's plan works. At first I just assumed 108 or so demon's were chosen every few years to fight it out. But with Eus being around 56 years, were their initially more than 108? And how does anyone every win if more people keep getting added throughout 56 years?

I feel like the plot would work better if the whole highlander plot was removed
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
It's going to be announced that an original ova is being sold with vol 14 of heroaca, just like with vol 13 which is bundling the jump festa special. Horikoshi wrote the story for this one as well. More details next issue.
次号からは第14巻同梱版の予約受付がスタート!次も堀越先生原案のオリジナルアニメだ!詳細は次号!」
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Another one? That's pretty cool, I'll make sure to pick that one up as well. Didn't expect another one so soon.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Dope Neverland cover. Man that art is so weird to me but cool. Might give the author a follow on twitter. It's other topics above but just a few on my mind:
  • Yuragi 46.... Yuuna confirmed in love with Kogarshi. After I read this chapter I want a true true harem ending, not a Nisekoi ending (which wasn't bad but nothing amazing). Chisaki is starting to warm up to me but she's not better than Sagiri, Yuuna, or Oboro.
  • Demon's Plan 8.... Eutass' backstory is pretty good but it sucks cause with the feeling it'll get axed idk if I should even read anymore.
  • I'm taking my time to catch up MHA but I finished the UA sports festival arc this morning. I read Vol 5 and it's no wonder I get so many Naruto vibes from this series... the author got advice on this arc from Kishi. Only thing disappointing was that Todoroki didn't use his fire quirk against Bakugo. But it's understandable. Great arc. Can't wait for Season 2
I have to admit something:


Why is she attractive to me? Like in a nerdy way... this author makes girls strangely attractive and it's a weird feeling (Tsuyu the perfect example)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I have to admit something:


Why is she attractive to me? Like in a nerdy way... this author makes girls strangely attractive and it's a weird feeling (Tsuyu the perfect example)
I'm not sure if this is the reason why, but I've noticed that Horikoshi generally draws his females more realistically. They have appropriate proportions.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I have to admit something:


Why is she attractive to me? Like in a nerdy way... this author makes girls strangely attractive and it's a weird feeling (Tsuyu the perfect example)
In that case, there's more for you to look forward to in the future ;)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the reason why, but I've noticed that Horikoshi generally draws his females more realistically. They have appropriate proportions.
Who you telling lol. He draws Ochako's upper body and chest really realistic. It's impossible not look at a panel for a couple minutes. I like this art style, fits the comic book-y theme. Momo's body is the most voluptuous but even hers looks normal.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
8 New Jump+ Serials
Kaito's new series Blue Flag (BLue Flag:cheez) look like yet another sports manga

they finally gave Nariaki Narita his own series!!! the dude was basically spamming Jump Plus with oneshots, how many did he make? 13?
they decide to go with the own about Bodybuilders diet? that's unique
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Dope Neverland cover. Man that art is so weird to me but cool. Might give the author a follow on twitter. It's other topics above but just a few on my mind:
  • Yuragi 46.... Yuuna confirmed in love with Kogarshi. After I read this chapter I want a true true harem ending, not a Nisekoi ending (which wasn't bad but nothing amazing). Chisaki is starting to warm up to me but she's not better than Sagiri, Yuuna, or Oboro.
Chitoge also confirmed in love with with Raku in chapter 49/50/51. So 46 is a good spot.

As for harem ending :derp
:3c

Too bad it's missing

 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Thanks Miura-sensei for another best girl chapter (Ch 47).
Something's definitely happening in the next few chapters for Yuragi, probably when the 1st anniversary hits with cover/lead color.

New series may come in the next few issues, so it might get put to late Feb or March for the anniversary.
Looks like they've been advertising the digital color chapters in the physical mag's chapters too.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I love Bamba the Man
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This manga is just too fun and unique to be cancelled... Come on editors, give Bamba a chance.

OMG EVEN TRUMP IS ROOTING FOR BAMBA THE MAN:



[\SPOILER]
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Bamba the man is beloved all round the world.....and everyone have high expectation on him.............Japanese readers please save this guy....
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read Ole Golazo actually instead of skimming through it the other day and it pulled a Black Clover, where the first chapter just directly looks like copy and paste from other series (Naruto and Slam Dunk respectively) but at least the mc of Golazo isn't a little annoying shit like Asta so it wasn't that bad.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I was distarcted by KAITO return I didn't even noticed

taking a closer look at those Jump Plus new manga

Asato Mizu wrote that first series didn't she? neat
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Route End looks like something Shueisha can finally build Jump Plus around.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top