Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Huh? It was literally announced a few days ago that the Boruto anime is starting off skipping the Manga's movie arc, and going right into the next story arc.
This seems to be a similar approach is Dragon Ball Super where the manga and anime are released simultaneously
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...rations-anime-features-original-story/.111500
Didn't say anything that they're skipping anything just that its starting with an original story they may be planning to covering the movie plot regardless just not in the beginning like the manga did.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Even knowing that I probably won''t like Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, I'll read it. This CD is just so... NGHHHHHHH
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
The question was about an anime... And I said probably...
And my reply was about the assumption that the manga is ending in a couple of weeks
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The literary mastermind has a face. I wish I could have even a gram of his brilliance.

I need the Dorksta headband, its so cool.
fragment of zero is still zero

More clear and color previews for all the new series ....

Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai by Tsutsui Taishi

U19 Kimura Yuuji

Poro no Ryuugaku-ki by Gondaira Hitsuji

Harapeko no Marry by Tamura Ryuuhei


Dr. Stone by Inagaki Riichirou and Boichi


Robot×Laserbeam by Fujimaki Tadatoshi
1-nisekoi light
2-overdesigned characters, the setting is too edgy, the mc literally cut himself lol
3-not too different from the first preview
4-I thought they were wearing Chinese clothes in the first pic, but one is wearing school uniform and the other is wearing a dress, so there goes my Tiger Dragon Bros theory out of the window
5-the art looks great!
6-knb light
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
New series hypeeeeeeeeeeee. U19 I'm not liking the art or the male MC's design but the girl looks cool so I'll still check it out. Boku-tachi = Nisekoi, bookmarked. Dr. Stone, art is dope af. Haropeko might be a sleeper.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Another great Neverland chapter. I don't know how, but I swear Aizen was reincarnated into Neverland somehow.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I like the art style of U19 but don't like the MC's design
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I really like Poro's design now that I see he's actually tall and without the color filter
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When it comes to art, my ranking is:

Dr. Stone
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Robot×Laserbeam
U19
Harapeko no Marry (Tamura needs to learn how to make faces, it is Oga and Hilda there)
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
1 - Looks pretty great, like the shine on the characters
2 - Don't really like the artstyle, looks a bit edgy
3 - Looks fine to me, like the style a bit
4 - Art is pretty standard looking, nothing special about it but the actual story/content is what Tamura is better at
5 - Really like the cartoonish style Boichi did for this, it's great
6 - Again pretty standard looking, nothing that special about it
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Most excite for Hungry Marie, Dr.Stone and Poro
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Anyone read U19 author's one-shots? The art looks veeery amateurish to me
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Anyone read U19 author's one-shots? The art looks veeery amateurish to me
I read both of them. Didn't like both. Garden had an art a little better than the other one. Story of both of them is awful.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Dr. Stone looks really really good, definitely the one I have the highest hopes for. I'm really loving the character designs, but I can't really gauge how old the characters are. The scientist looks like he's a young adult while the the brute looks at least 18. Nonetheless, I'm hoping at least this one is a success.

The romcom designs are meh to me, they dont really stand out as anything special.

U19's mc has a bad head to torso ratio and it's really throwing me off, and the designs don't really stand out much, especially the girl. I'm getting strong Psyren vibes from this, and that's not really a good thing. Series like this don't really do well in WSJ.

Poro's design looks cute, but I'm not sure how it would fit in with the rest of the series currently running. I'm getting Takuan vibes from this one.

Hungry Marie looks, well, like other have said it just looks too much like Beelzebub. Can't really say anything else about it, but I wish Tamura good luck.

Robot is the big mystery here. The design is pretty bland but Kuroko no Basket didn't really have outstanding character designs I'm the first place. I'm guessing the main character is called Robot because he can calculate things in his head with the accuracy of a robot, which he then applies to golf by calculating the arc of the ball. Not sure where the laser beam part is, maybe there's another player who can hit the ball straight into the hole instead of arcing it. If this was true though, I dont know why one of the titular characters wouldn't be shown next to the mc. Oh well. The big question is will it be as outrageously exaggerated as KuroBas or not. Going by the name, I think its a safe bet that it definitely won't be too grounded in reality. This is Fujimaki after all. I'm hoping this is a success just to see just how far this will go. The last successful golf manga was Rising Impact I believe, and that was in 1998.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Anyone read U19 author's one-shots? The art looks veeery amateurish to me
Actually, the author art is really good, but the preview for some reason looks weird.... maybe the char design
This is from his one-shot GARDEN in November 2014, so expect more growth from him.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
haha, I guess my opinion just differs from everyone elses then. U19 art looks fine imo. I did read Garden and I thought it was pretty decent.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
haha, I guess my opinion just differs from everyone elses then. U19 art looks fine imo. I did read Garden and I thought it was pretty decent.
The art does look fine, it's just the main character's head/body ratio is off. Honestly I'm not expecting much from this series. If I were to rank them based on expectations it would be like this.
High: Dr. Stone, Robot
Med: Poro, Hungry Marie
Low: U19, Romcom
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Really excited for this batch, especially for Dr.Stone and RobotxLaserbeam. Poro's looks good too.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And the natural hate for romcoms continues. hahahaha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top