Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm a fan of some Romance. Like Scum's Wish(an anime currently airing now) is great.
But I haven't been particularly a fan of Shonen Jump romances. Or Shonen/Shojo romance in general because they're generally very predictable
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope this romcom makes success to see you guys crying. XD
We all know that you don't believe that.

Personally I'm looking forward to Dr. Stone. It kind of reminds me Hungry Joker (here we go)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I like the occasional romcom in anime/manga, so I hope it's good. In general, I'm excited for these new serialisations.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
And the natural hate for romcoms continues. hahahaha
It's not that I hate romcoms, it's just that they're generally boring and predictable. WSJ especially isn't known for its excellent romance themes, and most would agree that romance in shounen manga is rarely ever done well. The only romcom I can think of that I enjoyed was Oregairu, but that wasn't even a WSJ series.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I am parying for romcom manga by Kouji SEO in jump XD :derp:teehee
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We all know that you don't believe that.

Personally I'm looking forward to Dr. Stone. It kind of reminds me Hungry Joker (here we go)
I believe in what I say.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
reading wsj to find a good romance story is like licking yourself to get cleaner

not gonna say it's not working but there are much more convenient ways to clean yourself
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
TBH, I really enjoyed the Nisekoi anime, both seasons.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
April 4 Volume Releases (All)
Gintama #68
Saiki Kusuo no PSI Nan #21
Hinomaru Zumou #14
My Hero Academia #13
Sesuji wo Pin! #10
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #5
The Promised Neverland #3
Amalgam of Distortion #2
Demon's Plan #1
Ole Golazo #1
My Hero Academia Illegals
iShoujo+ #12
Astra Lost in Space #3


Yuuna was delayed? :(

 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Hungry Marrie gives me martial art vibe, i am really excited that series the most.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
English Jump should add MHA Illegals. I'm actually sort of enjoying it
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
reading wsj to find a good romance story is like licking yourself to get cleaner

not gonna say it's not working but there are much more convenient ways to clean yourself
I kind of want to know what reading WSM is in this metaphor.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I kind of want to know what reading WSM is in this metaphor.
it's like licking your buddy and then rubbing your body into the wet spot to get clean

it's harder and more gross
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The band RADWIMPS did a Shonen Jump MV.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What you guys are saying is true for almost any Shounen magazine. Romance doesn't have a home! Anyway, I like Nisekoi, so my taste is clearly different from yours, so I will keep quiet. XD
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think everyone enjoys a good romance from time to time. I'm interested in them but not as much as battle/action shonens. For me battle/action > romance/harem/ecchi > drama/psychological. I wish more shonens go the DBZ route and have their pairings become canon in-series so it's no dumb ship wars, no end of series drama which usually leads to bad progression/glued together romance (Narutoooooooooo) or in general things that block you from the main plot. But it's rare and will forever continue to be rare.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Oh, I get it.

It is Doctor Stone because the catastrophe has thrown humanity back to the stone age. That is an Inagaki series alright.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If you want THE romance series I recommend Ore Monogatari. There's no way a jump romcom can beat it.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
If you want THE romance series I recommend Ore Monogatari. There's no way a jump romcom can beat it.
Bakuman had better romance than that
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top