Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
Why would the truth be a meme, she's even more awful that Sakura Haruno in her pre Naruto pt 1 filler days. When has Ochako done anything as of late that wasnt the same repetitive antics for her midoriya? After her Bakugo fight she has just gone downhill. Meanwhile Sakura Haruno went up as soon as she realized she could be an important asset for team 7. If Ochako can realize that she can be an asset for Midoriya then her character can begin to be salvaged.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
yes, it's a super forced meme because of that one popularity poll about what Jump Heroine make you sick


This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. One Piece #84 (1,500,448)
02. Boku no Hero Academia #12 (183,544)
04. Platinum End #5 (73,583)
10. Yakusoku no Neverland #2 (40,683)
23. Hinomaru Zumou #13 (20,372)
27. One Piece #83 (17,865 / 2,629,367)
29. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜 #9 (17,786)
31. Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori GB #2 (17,376)
33. Captain Tsubasa Rising Sun #5 (17,006)
44. Ao no Exorcist #18 (12,803 / 479,668)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is that a 100% increase over v1 for promised neverland? I hope its not outperforming BLack Clover.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
04. Platinum End #5 (73,583)
Wow... Names can be amazing, right, guys?

Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
I kinda liked her in the beginning, but nowadays she's one of my least favorites from BnH.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
what kinda of kids go to college when they're 15? A Genius?
what kinda of dumbass is still at highschool by the time they're 20? A Dumb Person?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't hate her or anything, but she's definitely not as interesting as she was in the Sports Festival arc. I'm sure something cool will happen again with her, but I do give her a weird look when she's on screen these days.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Jump should put One Piece in the middle of the magazine and give its spot at the top to new, prominent series. One Piece has two consecutive years in the top 2 (since 2015 #8 when it ranked 4th). I mean, people would read it even if it's at the bottom.

I don't hate her or anything, but she's definitely not as interesting as she was in the Sports Festival arc. I'm sure something cool will happen again with her, but I do give her a weird look when she's on screen these days.
This. Iida has been forgotten too. Hori should stop introducing new characters and start focusing in the current ones.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
24,380 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.1 (Nov 28 - Dec 4), Volume released on Dec 2 so 3 days sale

Yakusoku no Neverland #2 (40,683) Volume 2 is also 3 days sale(Jan 30 - Feb 5), volume released on Feb 3rd

~fixed, thanks :)
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't hate her or anything, but she's definitely not as interesting as she was in the Sports Festival arc. I'm sure something cool will happen again with her, but I do give her a weird look when she's on screen these days.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's a great character. I just don't think she's particularly bad either. Just a character with little screen time
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Jump should put One Piece in the middle of the magazine and give its spot at the top to new, prominent series. One Piece has two consecutive years in the top 2 (since 2015 #8 when it ranked 4th). I mean, people would read it even if it's at the bottom.


This. Iida has been forgotten too. Hori should stop introducing new characters and start focusing in the current ones.
One Piece never out of top 4 from its debut in 1997. It's a FLAGSHIP title.

http://pharaodopazoplus.blogspot.co.uk/p/weekly-shonen-jump-rankings-2000.html feel free to fact check me.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
what kinda of kids go to college when they're 15?
what kinda of dumbass is still at highschool by the time they're 20?
I had one classmate in 9th grade that was 17 years old. :^)
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
Pretty much. Doesn't really help that most of the hate is unjustifiable and people are still taking that stupid poll from last year seriously.
This. Iida has been forgotten too. Hori should stop introducing new characters and start focusing in the current ones.
Iida had a moment with Aoyama in the last arc showing how much the Stain incident changed his outlook. Really he hasn't given anyone more attention the others but he really needs to do more with the cast he's got hence why people are getting impatient.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Is the hate for Ochako a meme? I still see ppl around forums saying she's the worst Shonen Heroine ever. While she isn't great, i honestly don't see what about her is particularly bad
She's the Traitor
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
what kinda of kids go to college when they're 15?
what kinda of dumbass is still at highschool by the time they're 20?
You know, there are also young teachers in highschool, not only students...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top