Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Still waiting for news about U19, but I don't expect big things from it. Hope that next week's new manga is as good as I'm hoping it is.
We already said it... It's plain, bad... The road to cancelation starts today.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I think at the end of the day a lot of us on this forum are idealists. We like to see series that make the effort to push boundaries to do well. Whether its through storytelling, character development, art, humor or just personal charm. We want to see these types of stories rewarded for their efforts and see them expand in a way only a long form storytelling medium can accomplish.

So it is rather irksome to see whenever, to put it mildly, creatively lacking series gets so much attention and thus support from the editorial team or marketing committee. Why are these series rewarded for being mediocre, for playing it safe or just appealing to some incredibly basic desire of the audience. Yes as long as it sells I should just shut up right? I don't think a lot of us are going to be satisfied with that kind of answer.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
We already said it... It's plain, bad... The road to cancelation starts today.
Man, today you're so full of negative, are you having a bad day or something?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
The road to cancelation starts today.
You know that it's not always like this. I said this when Black Clover started and it is in the top of the TOC despite being one of the worsts battle shounens in the last years. May God be merciful about U19.
 
Last edited:

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
I hope Hinomaru Failure dies (and spring weapon right after)
Don't you have any respect for Kawada or his effort? His manga is great and it is a shame it isn't popular you should be wishing it the best because it is a great loss for Jump.

WE already said it... It's plain, bad... The road to cancelation starts today.
Who are we? It is your opinion don't force it out as a fact just because you "read it first" Japan could have a different opinion
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't get why the last chapter of of Black Clover is being so well recieved
I haven't read it yet but from certain youtube videos I've watched it has something to do with Asta almost going Demon but rejecting it's influence and now being able to freely us his anti-magic without the need for his swords along with a reveal that he isn't related to anyone special.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't get why the last chapter of of Black Clover is being so well recieved
I kinda understand. The idea of an inner demon, and a transformation type of deal is cool to a lot of people on it's own. For me, it was terrible, but I 'get it'.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
He could have it ended anytime... But WOW he CHOSE to end EXACTLY when not 1, not 2 or 3 or 4 or 5... but 6. SIX, new series are starting...

Come on... It's dead canceled. Random positions on toc, no real fandom, no sales whatsoever... Why JUMP would give him the benefit of ending his series at that point when they clearly did not do the same with Toriko, Bleach and many others successful series that WERE CANCELED.
Do you read the series?

If you haven't, then our conservation ends here.
check the author previous work, ALL of them are short series.
------------------------------------------------------------
From chapter 40. Yes 40, the manga is not suppose to be a long one. It doesn't follow the traditional sport manga.They have 2 tournament total.
1 is the protagonist debut tournament
2 is the national tournament.

MC duo was eliminated from chapter 62
The first part ended on chapter 72.
The second part ended on chapter 81. With a realistic outcome.

Manga ended on chapter 86. 5 chapters epilogue.


There's no way that the dance manga was not canceled. With 6 new series, some need to die to make room for the new ones. Remembering that World Trigger and Hiatus x Hiatus spot won't ever get filled unless they are moved from the magazine which should not happen anytime soon since jump simply cannot lose high selling series at this point.


I hope Hinomaru Failure dies (and spring weapon right after)

Samon and Saiki, can die for everything that matter as well.
Your logic do not make sense. With your "logic",

Bleach was cancelled for Red Spirite (450k vs less than 10k)
Nisekoi was cancelled for Love Rush ( 200k vs less than 10k)
Toriko was cancelled for Demon's Plan ( 150k vs less than 10k)
Kochikame was cancelled for Almagam (current average 50k, special edition 500k vs less than 10k)

Seems like Shuiesha is not greedy money company after all. Haven't read Toriko so can't say anything about its rushed finale, and Bleach case is debatable.People who read it want it to end already. Nisekoi already start to wrap up in April (series ended in July)

Shuiesha would inform them 3-6 months in advance to wrap it up.

Don't bring Togashi in the magazine, he has privilege.
---------------------------------------------

I said this to another person in the past. I think it is SO ******* DISRESPECTFUL to wish for a series to fail.

I think you got too excited for veteran authors. Believe me, some of us are too. But don't go complain in 12-16 weeks when a veteran author fail and a rookie success.

These two are different statements:

I think Demon's Plan is so bad.
I wish Demon's Plan would get cancelled.
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Asta already has to be one of the strongest characters in the series no? That's basically my issue is that this whole anti magic bullshit is just horribly overpowered and badly written. And then on top of that he can control that demon. So he has the ability to cancel out magic, absorb magic, and use whatever powers that demon has. I don't think I've ever seen an MC just go from zero to OP in such a short instance
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We already said it... It's plain, bad... The road to cancelation starts today.
G_I_A you and I both know that if Jump gave two shits about quality Black Clover would have been canned ages ago. At the end of the day we'll have to wait to see if readers take to it 7 weeks from now or if the editors decide to give it a "boost" themselves, if they get rid of too many newbies this year they'll look as bad as Sunday in 2015 when they cancelled over 20 titles for their 50th anniversary.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Asta already has to be one of the strongest characters in the series no? That's basically my issue is that this whole anti magic bullshit is just horribly overpowered and badly written. And then on top of that he can control that demon. So he has the ability to cancel out magic, absorb magic, and use whatever powers that demon has. I don't think I've ever seen an MC just go from zero to OP in such a short instance
I hate to say this but their is still Goku, Luffy, Naruto and Sasuke, Ichigo, and Deku that some would argue are just as OP as Asta.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Deku just lost to his rival for the third time in the story despite having a new technique and everything.
I know but still he has an OP ability when you think of it and other then against Bakugo and Todoroki who has he actually lost a fight with
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I hate to say this but their is still Goku, Luffy, Naruto and Sasuke, Ichigo, and Deku that some would argue are just as OP as Asta.
if we're comparing these characters based on the early chapters around where Black Clover is at now, I disagree.

Deku is technically OP but he faces a huge backlash when he uses these abilities. It's not just him using strength with ease.

Naruto was far from OP in the beginning of the series. He had the fox demon, but it barely appeared. And he definitely had to work hard for every victory he got, and would only win by the skin of his teeth.

Ichigo got his but kicked a lot in the beginning.

And it's hard to compare dragon ball, since it was a lot more comical back then, and Goku overpowering villains with ease was part of the joke
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
if we're comparing these characters based on the early chapters around where Black Clover is at now, I disagree.

Deku is technically OP but he faces a huge backlash when he uses these abilities. It's not just him using strength with ease.

Naruto was far from OP in the beginning of the series. He had the fox demon, but it barely appeared. And he definitely had to work hard for every victory he got, and would only win by the skin of his teeth.

Ichigo got his but kicked a lot in the beginning.

And it's hard to compare dragon ball, since it was a lot more comical back then, and Goku overpowering villains with ease was part of the joke
I was speaking in terms of overall series. Sorry I should've been more clear :facepalm
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Ichigo got his but kicked a lot in the beginning.
Well, the series was about Ichigo getting hist butt kicked a lot and then winning the fight after a few plot twists. It's always like this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top