Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Cover


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oricon 2/6-2/12

546021 2046469 One Piece 84
151543 *335087 Boku no Hero Academia 12
*37726 **78409 Yakusoku no Neverland 2
*19921 2649288 One Piece 83
*16225 **36597 Hinomaru Zumo 13
*12570 **30356 Sesuji wo Pin! to 9
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Do the authors who have their manga's featured on each monthly cover have to go out of their way to design the cover together?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Boku no Hero Academia selling amazing this week. All the volumes sold like hot bread, just imagine what will happen with the new time slot.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Interesting. MHA's volume for the 2nd week didn't sell that much below what volumes 10 and 11 did, despite the 20K drop in the first 3 days.

Volume 10- 161,485
Volume 11- 156,595
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Sad MHA down by 20k(10days) but i least all its volume is on top 500 that's enough for me. Season 2 can't come faster dangit.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

*37726 **78409 Yakusoku no Neverland 2
78k in 10 days, Neverland is doing great.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Black Clover's 2 year anniversary is this month, right? I wonder if we'll get a popularity poll announcement, we're overdue for one and I'm curious as to who the Japanese readers like the most.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Someone explain to me why Yuragi so low... if this was 8 weeks previously that would mean this would be around the trip to the beach and the ghost love story? That part had Oboro and Yuuna greatness so Japanese readers seem to dislike the best girls. Well Sagiri wasn't really featured so I digress. Glad at MHA's ranking, should never be anywhere different. Erina being number 1 in Souma's poll shouldn't be a surprise... may be the only reason I still follow that series. RIP Demon Plan, got axed harder than Astaroth from Soul Calibur. I guess I'll catch up now then.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Black Clover's 2 year anniversary is this month, right? I wonder if we'll get a popularity poll announcement, we're overdue for one and I'm curious as to who the Japanese readers like the most.
Luck and Charmy are my two favourites at the minute, so I hope they'd do well in a poll.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
Black Clover's 2 year anniversary is this month, right? I wonder if we'll get a popularity poll announcement, we're overdue for one and I'm curious as to who the Japanese readers like the most.
Hopefully Nozzle get a high rank so Tabata starts to give him more spotlight.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Out of all the characters in Black Clover I'd say Yami and Noelle are the most competently written. Noelle for actually going through a character arc, basic it may be. Yami for actually having a personality in a cast full of underdeveloped characters.
 

Jaja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
15
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Neverland is doing great! 7th place is definitely not bad with so great sales.

Spring Weapon was a surprise. Maybe can we still have hope for Ole Golazo?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I guess they'll be cancelling 4 and filling WTs spot. HZ is showing no signs of wrapping up as of the latest chapter. unless it's Samon or Saiki, but I dunno. Don't see why they're they're bothering with Spring Weapon. It's sales weren't even close to Amalgrams. It was considerably worse than the 15-20k sellers even...

Am I the only one that thinks Saiki should take Isobees spot? The series would work just fine with less pages, and Isobee seems kinda in Limbo now. Would make way for a better series.
There's no such thing as "filling WT or HXH" spots. Imagine 2 new series entering on them and suddenly HXH and WT return. The magazine can't be that crowded since it's a high print one. They have a limited number of pages to work every week.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Neverland is doing great! 7th place is definitely not bad with so great sales.

Spring Weapon was a surprise. Maybe can we still have hope for Ole Golazo?
I'm not sure if the ranked chapter was the 18 or 19 (if it was the 18, Neverland was just put there since it received a color page therefore, was not ranked. If it was the 19 it's bad because it was the chapter the kids decided to work together)

No, Ole Golazo is dead.
 

Gikiseima

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2015
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
two series at once
banba next O0
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Weird rankings for Neverland and Yuragi. Hope it picks up soon. Yeah Hero has never left the top 5 since it started. Pretty cool feat indeed. Also I wonder how long Samon will last
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weird rankings for Neverland and Yuragi. Hope it picks up soon. Yeah Hero has never left the top 5 since it started. Pretty cool feat indeed. Also I wonder how long Samon will last
I don't think it's weird if the chapter was the one with color page (the 18th). The editors simply decided to put there since it would make no difference this week. (again, I think)

About the feminine demon: I never saw something so canceled before even reading the first chapter.

NEXT WEEK IS TAMURA!!!
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stone in 2 weeks
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
NEXT WEEK IS TAMURA!!!
I am so fucking looking forward to that, the way the two mains are dressed, looks like a martial art, I hope it's Breaker kinda martial art and no supernatural.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
About the feminine demon: I never saw something so canceled before even reading the first chapter.

NEXT WEEK IS TAMURA!!!
How dare you dis Poro! Not that I know if it's any good yet XD.

The hype for Tamura is real though. Been waiting years for this moment...
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I am so fucking looking forward to that, the way the two mains are dressed, looks like a martial art, I hope it's Breaker kinda martial art and no supernatural.
I hope it's stupidly bizarre and we can FINALLY, FINALLY laugh our ass out loud with a good gag series... Because nowadays, jump is everything but funny...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How dare you dis Poro! Not that I know if it's any good yet XD.

The hype for Tamura is real though. Been waiting years for this moment...
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a hater but... Not even the fujos can save this one...

Sharky, we're all waiting for your comments on this one.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Stone in 2 weeks
The hype is real. This will be the next huge thing or the next HUGE failure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top