Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I know we're trying to avoid posting YouTuber videos, but this made me laugh. Had to.

Basically in the video he's pointing out that the chief director of Boruto is the director of Bleach, and that we need to wait for Boruto to complete before Bleach comes back, because now the director's hands are tied

 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Does he realise that anime don't need the same director to have another season? I'm not watching the video to find out.
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
I know we're trying to avoid posting YouTuber videos, but this made me laugh. Had to.

Basically in the video he's pointing out that the chief director of Boruto is the director of Bleach, and that we need to wait for Boruto to complete before Bleacg comes back, because now the director's hands are tied

Poor guy, he still thinks that Bleach will return.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
No...I usually notice that there's unfinished artwork normally around the time of a series anime. Toriko had it's fair share too near the time of it's anime.

BC/MHA suffered the same problem.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well this will be corrected in the volume version so I guess it's ok by ME. I'm not sure japanese people will call it a day though... One series is ok... But two? In the same issue? Have this ever ocurred before?
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Gintama, around the Yoshiwara in flames arc, suffered this too. It's not something new.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Black Clover is doomed without Abe btw.
Like I've been saying. He's the only one capable of making it watchable.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know we're trying to avoid posting YouTuber videos, but this made me laugh. Had to.

Basically in the video he's pointing out that the chief director of Boruto is the director of Bleach, and that we need to wait for Boruto to complete before Bleach comes back, because now the director's hands are tied

Wow really of all the things to make a video about he chooses to make THIS!! I dropped the manga way before it ended and even I know that IT'S TIME HAS PASSED LONG AGO. I also find it kind of hilarious that just from a tweet that stated they don't have any plans to work on anything bleach related he automatically assumes that it'll comeback sometime in the future. I don't know if he is aware but that's almost always going to be the default answer from any company if you ask them if they are going to work on something.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I feel like if I revisit his channel in 5 years, he'll be wearing a tinfoil hat.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Feel free to correct me if I'm asking a stupid question but just out of curiosity, what are some factors that would contribute to the return of a Bleach anime? The fact that this loony toon still gets by on making Bleach related content is somewhat indicative that it still has a sizable (if somewhat rabid) fanbase. Especially since a anime opens up the opportunity to alleviate some of Bleach's bigger issues. Hell a potential anime wouldn't even need to be that good and it will still have people rushing to its defense simply because its more Bleach content.

Even back when it was cancelled from a financial point of view no matter how bad the writing got and how low it was in the rankings it was still making at least decent sales numbers if I recall correctly. So it wouldn't be too out of the question for a cheap revival getting made if nothing else to milk the series for all its worth.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shokugeki no Soma and Nisekoi never had such thing though, by what I can remember.
We know that Eichiro Oda is the busiest mangaka in manga market right now and he never did such a thing either. I think we are seeing the slow and fast drawers here.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I thought Bleach anIme was dead but I think it might get one to coincide with the live action film release.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feel free to correct me if I'm asking a stupid question but just out of curiosity, what are some factors that would contribute to the return of a Bleach anime? The fact that this loony toon still gets by on making Bleach related content is somewhat indicative that it still has a sizable (if somewhat rabid) fanbase. Especially since a anime opens up the opportunity to alleviate some of Bleach's bigger issues. Hell a potential anime wouldn't even need to be that good and it will still have people rushing to its defense simply because its more Bleach content.

Even back when it was cancelled from a financial point of view no matter how bad the writing got and how low it was in the rankings it was still making at least decent sales numbers if I recall correctly. So it wouldn't be too out of the question for a cheap revival getting made if nothing else to milk the series for all its worth.
Other the making it's more "rabid fans" (which by the way that name is being generous) happy, however many that are still fans after the massive fallout of the whole relationships that involved Ichigo, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would contribute with the return of the Bleach anime.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does Moue have a Twitter account?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Really need to follow Moue on Twitter if he has one
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Feel free to correct me if I'm asking a stupid question but just out of curiosity, what are some factors that would contribute to the return of a Bleach anime? The fact that this loony toon still gets by on making Bleach related content is somewhat indicative that it still has a sizable (if somewhat rabid) fanbase. Especially since a anime opens up the opportunity to alleviate some of Bleach's bigger issues. Hell a potential anime wouldn't even need to be that good and it will still have people rushing to its defense simply because its more Bleach content.

Even back when it was cancelled from a financial point of view no matter how bad the writing got and how low it was in the rankings it was still making at least decent sales numbers if I recall correctly. So it wouldn't be too out of the question for a cheap revival getting made if nothing else to milk the series for all its worth.
Answer yourself this; what exactly would the Bleach anime returning contribute to? The manga is over and the last piece of canon material is a novel being released in the spring after that there's nothing to promote really outside the live action movie next year. Really and truly if they cared at all they would have restarted the anime while the last arc was being published much like FMA Brotherhood and other recent examples of anime conclusions coinciding with manga endings but now that the manga is over there's really no drive to continue the anime outside promotion or to appease fans of the source of material but really this can be said about any Jump manga adaptation that was cut short before the manga completed so why can't we have a Reborn sequel? Or A Nura sequel? Or how about they animate the rest of Slam Dunk? See? And I don't think fans would want a "cheap revival" either I mean did you watch those Saint Seiya OVAs? Fans were not happy with those especially after waiting years for them. Let's not forget D.Grayman Hollow I say this because everyone already has forgotten about it.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kubo tired and busy, so that's why he had to put One Piece in hiatus this week and deliver only the sketches in some pages of Black Clover and Boku no Hero Academia. Next week everything is supposed to be back to normal.


Can't Shueisha just say "there's absolutely nothing wrong, it's supposed to be like this"?
Answer yourself this; what exactly would the Bleach anime returning contribute to? The manga is over and the last piece of canon material is a novel being released in the spring after that there's nothing to promote really outside the live action movie next year. Really and truly if they cared at all they would have restarted the anime while the last arc was being published much like FMA Brotherhood and other recent examples of anime conclusions coinciding with manga endings but now that the manga is over there's really no drive to continue the anime outside promotion or to appease fans of the source of material but really this can be said about any Jump manga adaptation that was cut short before the manga completed so why can't we have a Reborn sequel? Or A Nura sequel? Or how about they animate the rest of Slam Dunk? See? And I don't think fans would want a "cheap revival" either I mean did you watch those Saint Seiya OVAs? Fans were not happy with those especially after waiting years for them. Let's not forget D.Grayman Hollow I say this because everyone already has forgotten about it.
Well if we use this same logic there would never be the live actions for Rurouni kenshin and animated films for gantz and such... I agree that an animation is made pretty much solely to boost a manga (or any other product originated in a different media, like a light novel). But we have examples of points out of the curve. It's not that simple...

(Oh, I'm a hero member now? yay)
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well if we use this same logic there would never be the live actions for Rurouni kenshin and animated films for gantz and such... I agree that an animation is made pretty much solely to boost a manga (or any other product originated in a different media, like a light novel). But we have examples of points out of the curve. It's not that simple...

(Oh, I'm a hero member now? yay)
Well here's the thing though they didn't bring back those two respective animes to promote the live action movies and they were both highly successful regardless (those new OVAs weren't a continuation but yet again another retelling of the Kyoto Arc) they were made as an anniversary project for their respective franchises. Not weeding out the possibility of a new Bleach anime just that as of now it has as much chance as a new Reborn, Bobobo, Slam Dunk, Beelzebub, Medaka Box, Nura or damn near every Jump adaptation that's been cancelled one way or another, it had its chance but they didn't go for it. I'll definitely say to wait until the live action movie next year and if Pierrot doesn't announce something to coincide with the premiere of it than its best to hang up the towel and pray for a OVA or series of movies ala Saint Seiya Sanctuary arc to animate the last arc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top