Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Veterans are not shit proof. Same treatment for all of them should be the best, but we know manga market is not that fair.
I'm not saying all of them will succeed. I'm saying that's what I think Viz is going to go with. Unless the other 3 get an overwhelming amount of votes
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Viz Jump Start is a joke. They are probably kicking themselves for not adding Kimetsu no Yaiba.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Viz Jump Start is a joke. They are probably kicking themselves for not adding Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Its not like they can't add it right now. I think they added Soma later on and now they release it weekly. But still, it does surprise me that they didn't even try with Kimetsu no Yaiba. I'm not well informed on the Western side of publishing but do we know an approximate number of subscribers and the age range for English Weekly Jump?
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Woah, hold up. I just had a sudden realization when I was skimming through Hungry Marie. What if it's called Hungry Marie because Marie is hungry due to the fact that Taiga was used as a sacrifice instead of the chicken legs. Maybe the chicken legs were used as a "sacrifice" because she needed something to eat to be brought back and because a human was used instead, and she isn't a cannibal, so she couldn't eat. Or maybe I'm thinking too hard about this.

On a side note, the oneshot from Stealth Symphony's mangaka was just translated.
http://bato.to/reader#0b2673a7c854ce90
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Animored oneshot is generic, the ending say "expect more" so I'm kinda wondering where will it continue, Jump Cross is a one time thing
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
My Hero Academia Season 2 New PV :
Not a huge fan of the OP so far(obviously I need visuals too), but.... Fuck. Yes. They've already shown more than they ever did for S1. Not to mention it all looks great.
 
Last edited:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Araki's


Very glad that the manga moved to a monthly magazine. Part 7 and onward received a great improvement.

Speaking of Jojo we should expect some of our WSJ mangakas to contribute a drawing for the 30th anniversary of Jojo. I wonder which of the newer ones will contribute, definitely the veterans will contribute
Haha Jojo is for the weak. Dont bring canceled manga here bro.This is no different than I-shojo.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Are they going to adopt the sport festival arc only? If they are, I think this season will be worse than the first season.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
^ they teased Stain in the after credit of s1


someone posted this on /a/ and r/manga, it's every new manga since 2010

while it's does make feel bad about the wasted potential it also shows that a lot of time getting cancelled works best for the author Hori, Furdate, Muira, Tabata, Yuuto

it also shows that leaving the main magazine can some times work for you too: Kano (KissxDeath) Murase (Karadasagashi) Takeuchi (All you need is kill and Moriarty the Patriot)

also KAITO (Blue Flag) Nishi (Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken) are doing well so far too
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Are they going to adopt the sport festival arc only? If they are, I think this season will be worse than the first season.
If you go by the teaser trailers and with how long it was in the manga they may not include the stain arc. They may end this season off where Stain meets with Shigiraki and then start season 3, if it recieves one, off with the Stain arc and go through the training camp arc.
 
Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
If you go by the teaser trailers and with how long it was in the manga they may not include the stain arc. They may end this season off where Stain meets with Shigiraki and then start season 3, if it recieves one, off with the Stain arc and go through the training camp arc.
This isn't Marvel where you tease Thanos 6 years before he appears in Infinity Wars. Stain appeared in the last scene of season 1 and is in this visual, together with Deku's 2nd hero costume which first appears in the arc with Stain.
The Stain arc will be adapted in season 2.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Yeah, as ShenGao says, Izuku is shown in his 2nd costume in 2 Key Visuals. He doesn't recieved the costume until the Stain arc, so it's basically confirmed. They may do a split 2-cour with this, or a normal one. I simply can't see it being just 13 episodes this time around. You can clearly tell from the PVs that they have way more work done for S2 than they did for S1 at this stage.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Its not like they can't add it right now. I think they added Soma later on and now they release it weekly. But still, it does surprise me that they didn't even try with Kimetsu no Yaiba. I'm not well informed on the Western side of publishing but do we know an approximate number of subscribers and the age range for English Weekly Jump?
While I was sure about Shokugeki no Soma popularity at that time, I'm not sure about Kimetsu no Yaiba, meaning that I don't hear anybody talking about it besides here. The sales are not as great as Shokugeki as well? So it's different.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any ideas floating around about what Dr. Stones plot is about?
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm already ready for Galaxy Gangs!
...to never happen. In fact, I haven´t heard of a oneshot being serialised after one or two series from the same oneshot´s author.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so it's Atletico Madrid after all

well it make sense considering he was trained to play as a striker in a defensive high school team

and who park the bus better than Simeone
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top