Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My ranking:

1 - Dr. Stone
2 - Hungry Marie
3 - Poro
4 - U19
5 - Bokutachi wa benkyou ga dekinai!

It would be nice a contest with "badges" for people to get the positions/cancelations right or something.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been trying to hold back, but I think We Can't Study is the worst serialization since Sporting Salt.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
1. Dr. Stone
2. Poro
3. Hungry Marie
4. U19
5. We Never Learn
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Personally my list (as of now could change once the golf manga's chapter 1 run's in the magazine)is
  1. Poro
  2. U19
  3. We can't study
  4. Dr. Stone
  5. Hungry Marie
We can't study is an oddity to me I'm not the biggest fan of romance manga's in general, but I can't seem to bring myself to actually want it to get axed. I'm in no way implying that I like it it's just safe to me in terms of staying in Shounen Jump
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
1. Hungry Marie
2. Doctor Stone
3. Poro
4. U19
5. We can't learn
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
For me

Dr.Stone
Poro
Hungry Marie
We Never Learn
U19
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Hey, we have the same ranking of the new series. You read my mind. Only that I rank DR Stone in 3 and U19 on 4

My opinion about Dr Stone is:

GOOD

  • Boichi´s art is as good in this Jump series as it is normally on his other works. Specially the color pages, which look more like HQ wallpapers. And is good in B/W too, with the rough look, with thick lines.
MIXED

  • The panelling is a little bit complicated. The contrasts sometimes make a panel not understandable.
BAD

  • For as much as you say "this manga will be a smash hit, it has two good veterans", that´s bullshit once you have an entire chapter bugged down by a stupid love confession plot that seemed to be more important for the writer than the worldbuilding itself.

  • And who the heck can believe that a teen turned into stone could count how many years have passed? Or how could a couple of humans be alive after so many years? Some plausibility had to be thrown out of the window. If this was a silly work, it would be good. But it´s playing it straight, so no.
It´s better than the garbage of Hungry Marie, and the art is pleasing in color, but this 1st chapter wasted its interesting premise on something that wasn´t the establishment of this new world the characters are living in. I think the next chapter will be better, but this is not that good of an impression for the first chapter.
I am not a fan of how you prematurely over critique things this is a shonen manga it will always have some flaws in its logic you won't gain anything by attempting to expose it by blowing things out of proportions.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For now is

1 - We can't Study
2 - Hungry Marie
3 - U19
4 - Dr Stone
5 - Poro
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr Stone
Hungry Marie
U19
Poro
We Can't Study
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even when Dr. Stone was first announced, I knew it was going to be great. After reading it, that opinion is unchanged.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Dr. Stone
We Never Learn
Hungry Marie
Poro
U19

Not even gonna entertain the thought of reading a golf manga, if I wanna watch golf I'll watch prime Tiger Woods highlights on YouTube. Poro is lowkey overrated too but has good art.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice to see varying opinions at least
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Nice to see varying opinions at least
It's why all this is a wash lol if I went with all the opinions on this thread I would think Black Clover is the most cancerous manga ever created. Although from first glance to me it looks kinda weak but a type of series I would like I'll wait for the anime before trying the manga. Always best to go off your own opinion even if hearing others is cool.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's why all this is a wash lol if I went with all the opinions on this thread I would think Black Clover is the most cancerous manga ever created. Although from first glance to me it looks kinda weak but a type of series I would like I'll wait for the anime before trying the manga. Always best to go off your own opinion even if hearing others is cool.
I like black clover despite contrary belief. I just think it has one of the worst mcs and power creep I've read in shonen. If I thought it was horrid I wouldnt be reading it still
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have nostalgic memory with golf manga so the last one has my interest. I used to owned/read Dan Doh!! during my childhood.

No ranking from me until I've read all 6.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
For me......
U19
Poro
We Never Learn
Dr.Stone
Hungry Marie
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I like black clover despite contrary belief. I just think it has one of the worst mcs and power creep I've read in shonen. If I thought it was horrid I wouldnt be reading it still
True, that's a good way to look at it. But when people trash it idk why but I start dying :D. Just cause the jokes are pretty funny.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's hard not to make fun of this stuff when the MC believes never giving up is his magic and screams it whenever he needs a boost of energy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top