Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't talk such things, it will people here cringe. People like dark, edgy and psychological things, there is no place for love. :derp

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I'm a dense mass of irony and sarcasm if you haven't noticed yet. XD
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Just read Dr Stone again, how did the MC body still intact after the tsunami. On page 30/31 you clearly see his leg is shorter than usual (he was standing when turned into stone).

Poro is alright so far. Still not THAT funny though.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Think that something is dumb is purely the opinion of the reader so I must ask you what do you consider dumb before starting any argument.
am I allowed to respond or will you give me "I wasn't talking to you" argument?

just in case

the entire harem concept is dumb

are we suppose to believe that 6 or 7 (30 in case of Negima) extremely attractive girls will fall head over heels for some generic self insert dude with no personality?

and will still be in love with him even tho they know he's messing with other girls and he wouldn't commit to any of them?

"stuff like this happens in real life and could happen to you"
"it's ok if you trip and grab some girl's tits, girls think it's funny"
"girls don't hate you, they actually love you they're just tsun tsun about it"

sound like unhealthy losers escapism to me

Don't talk such things, it will people here cringe. People like dark, edgy and psychological things, there is no place for love. :derp

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I'm a dense mass of irony and sarcasm if you haven't noticed yet. XD
search "I was only pretending" meme on google

when I posted it last time the mod deleted it, but I think it describe your modus operandi perfectly

Just read Dr Stone again, how did the MC body still intact after the tsunami. On page 30/31 you clearly see his leg is shorter than usual (he was standing when turned into stone).
shonen manga logic

I dunno why people are willing to accept magic ninja, pirates that can't swim, superheroes that get power from their toes
but won't suspend their disbelieve for this
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
shonen manga logic

I dunno why people are willing to accept magic ninja, pirates that can't swim, superheroes that get power from their toes
but won't suspend their disbelieve for this
Of course I know it's shonen logic.
Then he shouldn't draw the tsunami part, or make it looks like his leg is still long. The page i'm talking about is page 31 on the viz site. You can see that his anatomy is different from the beginning (he stand up straight, not bending the knee). Then on the next page his legs are straight again.

But whatever, I digress.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
am I allowed to respond or will you give me "I wasn't talking to you" argument?

just in case

the entire harem concept is dumb

are we suppose to believe that 6 or 7 (30 in case of Negima) extremely attractive girls will fall head over heels for some generic self insert dude with no personality?

and will still be in love with him even tho they know he's messing with other girls and he wouldn't commit to any of them?

"stuff like this happens in real life and could happen to you"
"it's ok if you trip and grab some girl's tits, girls think it's funny"
"girls don't hate you, they actually love you they're just tsun tsun about it"

sound like unhealthy losers escapism to me



search "I was only pretending" meme on google

when I posted it last time the mod deleted it, but I think it describe your modus operandi perfectly



shonen manga logic

I dunno why people are willing to accept magic ninja, pirates that can't swim, superheroes that get power from their toes
but won't suspend their disbelieve for this
Sorry, man, I didn't know you would be so offended. You can meddle in people's conversation here, no problem.

Are we supposed to believe that a meteor will fall in the middle of Tokyo and make everybody aliens or something?
That's an example that shows that by your argument, everything is dumb. We are talking about fiction here, the enjoyable thing about fiction is that we can imagine things that will never happen. Almost every romance is not believable, it is all very overdone in many points, you know that it will never happen in reality, but that's what makes it enjoyable. "What if a couple who makes a promise in their childhood meets again...", I could go on and on with the examples.
The author's purpose is not to make it believable, but interesting, surprising, chocking, etc...

Every joke is a truth on the background. I really feel that people here don't like romance that much, it is not everybody, but I put a little of exaggeration for the sake of the joke.

It is funny you mentioning Suspension of disbelief at the same post that you negated it to harem mangas. What I just described above IS suspension of disbelief.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I dunno why people are willing to accept magic ninja, pirates that can't swim, superheroes that get power from their toes
but won't suspend their disbelieve for this
The tsunami scene was honestly very bad and full of plotholes. Taiju and many other people got swept away by the tsunami, but only Taiju didn't break. Taiju was only 1 meter apart from Yuzuhira, but only he got swept away by the tsunami. Senkuu was inside a building and watching the confession when everyone turned to stone. The tsunami destroyed all the buildings, so Senkuu should have died at this moment, but he didn't.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dont like the direction Poro went, only redeeming quality was Yuta was still on the data and they both bonded over the movie. Very baffling decision to make this a traditional romance manga. Go back to Yuta and Poro's adventures.

Dr. Stone has ugly artwork and designs. Would be better if they stayed minimally dressed.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Taiju and many other people got swept away by the tsunami, but only Taiju didn't break.
Easy, Taiju was wearing mc plot armour, they didn't.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I wish people wouldnt critique series based on their sexual orientation. Or like, call Black Clover a Tolkien esque masterpiece. It's just silly.

I have trouble beliving somebody would be down to troll a niche forums for four years. Was hoping it would stop when I waged my crusade and got somebodies inexplicable modship removed a few years back but I guess not.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Of course I know it's shonen logic.
Then he shouldn't draw the tsunami part, or make it looks like his leg is still long. The page i'm talking about is page 31 on the viz site. You can see that his anatomy is different from the beginning (he stand up straight, not bending the knee). Then on the next page his legs are straight again.

But whatever, I digress.
looked at the page you're talking about

his legs is under water man not bent

Sorry, man, I didn't know you would be so offended. You can meddle in people's conversation here, no problem.

Are we supposed to believe that a meteor will fall in the middle of Tokyo and make everybody aliens or something?
That's an example that shows that by your argument, everything is dumb. We are talking about fiction here, the enjoyable thing about fiction is that we can imagine things that will never happen. Almost every romance is not believable, it is all very overdone in many points, you know that it will never happen in reality, but that's what makes it enjoyable. "What if a couple who makes a promise in their childhood meets again...", I could go on and on with the examples.
The author's purpose is not to make it believable, but interesting, surprising, chocking, etc...

Every joke is a truth on the background. I really feel that people here don't like romance that much, it is not everybody, but I put a little of exaggeration for the sake of the joke.

It is funny you mentioning Suspension of disbelief at the same post that you negated it to harem mangas. What I just described above IS suspension of disbelief.
are you saying I should treat SoL romcom school setting genre like the fantasy genre? just wow

romance is supposed to be believable that's why people ridicule the one that are not well written *cough* Nicholas Sparks*cough*

if your only exposure to romance is what we get in shonen magazines then I understand how you heel

people in this thread don't like romance because the one we keep getting are bad
and you feel that your waifus aren't appreciate it in this thread and you need to whiteknight them but you can't construct a solid argument so you turn to taking shots at your waifus haters while hiding behind "I was just joking"


The tsunami scene was honestly very bad and full of plotholes. Taiju and many other people got swept away by the tsunami, but only Taiju didn't break. Taiju was only 1 meter apart from Yuzuhira, but only he got swept away by the tsunami. Senkuu was inside a building and watching the confession when everyone turned to stone. The tsunami destroyed all the buildings, so Senkuu should have died at this moment, but he didn't.
the tsunami scene is supposed to represent nature taking back the world from the human, I think while I don't think it's necessary I understand why the author did it
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Speaking of Harem, the only harem I like is in Red Storm. If that counts something, those kind of realistic harems are my taste.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Poro mangaka made the biggest mistake in his life. The manga will end first.Or together with the other echi trash.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Poro mangaka made the biggest mistake in his life. The manga will end first.Or together with the other echi trash.
Not now please... Let's wait for Kuroko no Golf to start talking about cancellations.

Also... I love how people here have their "pet trolls". To me, this is trully baffling and not anything else.

It's like a pokemon fight where "my troll is better than yours because he likes the same things I do".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Speaking of Harem, the only harem I like is in Red Storm. If that counts something, those kind of realistic harems are my taste.
Zeppelin Harem?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
or better yet, why not wait 8 weeks?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just think Poro would have been better if it continued the battle demons aspect, introducing more, while getting more into school. It just seemed strange to throw in the romance aspect at just the third chapter. It just seems like something a writer would kind of do later. Enhance the characters already shown before adding in a transfer.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
@Mammo fair enough. But still I think the parts that don't soak to the water are off (especially the right leg). But whatever I digress.

----------------------
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
or better yet, why not wait 8 weeks?
After 8 weeks we'll be like fornever and James, fighting over each other opinions and yelling to japanese kids because they "cancelled our new/next big thing/one piece dethroner".

Assuming that we get the TOC system right, obviously... Because now we have youtubers with "family in shueisha" and they seem to know better than us.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I just think Poro would have been better if it continued the battle demons aspect, introducing more, while getting more into school. It just seemed strange to throw in the romance aspect at just the third chapter. It just seems like something a writer would kind of do later. Enhance the characters already shown before adding in a transfer.
This part I agree.

The transfer would work around chapter 6-8.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Calm down, guys... Enjoy the series before talking about cancellation. It is a self criticism as well because I cannot help but thinking "it is not gonna work, it will be cut" when I'm reading new series.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr. Stone had the most polished first chapter thus far, but I need to see what direction it goes in. Hungry Marie had the most disappointing second chapter since Kagamigami. Poro is okay, but I don't ever see myself looking forward to it, just reading it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top