Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Weekly oricon
(3 days)

308478 *308478 Haikyuu 25
150667 *150667 Shokugeki no Souma 23
137262 *137262 World Trigger 18
*66723 **66723 Black Clover 10
*62755 2393553 One Piece 84
*41476 **41476 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
*23827 **23827 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 6
*21062 **21062 Shokugeki no Souma: L'étoile 4
*20607 **20607 Let's Haikyuu!? 4
*20435 *440536 Boku no Hero Academia 12
*19587 **19587 Fire Punch 4
*18487 **18487 Samon-kun wa Summoner 8
More than 40k in just 3 days !!!!!!!!!! GREAT
 
Last edited:

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
40k for 3 days KnY deserve it i'm happy to it. 5th week for BnHA that's new.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I mean, volume 8 was in the Top 50 for 10 weeks... granted the anime was airing at the time. Volume 9 also made it 5 weeks though.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
So Kimetsu is no longer member of the 30k club I am sad. And World trigger sold like 30k less than before.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Yeah its look like volume 12 gain a little traction.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dr. Stone was funny, not because it's a comedy, but because of the flaws.
1) The protagonist had his legs broken as a statue, but he had them again when he woke up! Pretty convenient. XP
2) Restart civilization? Two guys cannot restart the civilization unless they earned the ability to make babies without a girl like they earned the ability to recover their limbs. :derp
I will not even start to talk about evolution while petrified and all...

If Jump readers are serious in their votes, this is not gonna last.
Really dude? And they should do what? Let We Can't Learn survive because you need some "romcom" in your life? Seriously...

It's by far the best new series so far haha.

More than 40k in just 3 days !!!!!!!!!! GREAT
Samon-kun wa summoner is selling LESS than Firepunch... LESS than Shokugeki no Souma spin off... I mean... less THAN 20K?

It's so funnny to see people LOSING THEIR SHIT over BC "bottom position" even with next week color page announced and a guaranteed cover on it's anniversary. These new members haha.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Really dude? And they should do what? Let We Can't Learn survive because you need some "romcom" in your life? Seriously...



Samon-kun wa summoner is selling LESS than Firepunch... LESS than Shokugeki no Souma spin off... I mean... less THAN 20K?
Samon volume 8 sold less than Sesuji volume 8

rip
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's so funnny to see people LOSING THEIR SHIT over BC "bottom position" even with next week color page announced and a guaranteed cover on it's anniversary.
I don't understand why their losing it as bad as they are over BC "bottom position"? I'll be one of the first to say that a series isn't perfect, BC has it's fair share of problems that for sure, but when the greater part of the magazine isn't receiving rankings there is no standing to make an unbiased claim that it was badly received.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't understand why their losing it as bad as they are over BC "bottom position"? I'll be one of the first to say that a series isn't perfect, BC has it's fair share of problems that for sure, but when the greater part of the magazine isn't receiving rankings there is no standing to make an unbiased claim that it was badly received.
Exactly. I like your comments, you always seem to be very "stict to the point".
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Weekly oricon
(3 days)

308478 *308478 Haikyuu 25
150667 *150667 Shokugeki no Souma 23
137262 *137262 World Trigger 18
*66723 **66723 Black Clover 10
*62755 2393553 One Piece 84
*41476 **41476 Kimetsu no Yaiba 5
*23827 **23827 Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 6
*21062 **21062 Shokugeki no Souma: L'étoile 4
*20607 **20607 Let's Haikyuu!? 4
*20435 *440536 Boku no Hero Academia 12
*19587 **19587 Fire Punch 4
*18487 **18487 Samon-kun wa Summoner 8
Kimetsu almost doubled its first week sales. At this pace it may reach 100k first week by volume 10 or 11 granted everything continues at like right now. I should start reading it. I've been putting it off due to lack of time. The Japanese side have high hopes for it, one guy saying that he heard that from volume 5 onwards it gets incredibly interesting.

Black Clover, at volume 10, is still unable to push 100k first week. Most series at volume 10 with this like of exposure in the magazine have already either pushed 100k or are very close, around ~90k. Black clover is still stuck at ~60k for 3 day first week sales and will usually go to ~200k in about 2 months. I don't want to keep beating the dead horse but its going to be a miracle for it to even reach ~500k with the anime. Most series that reach that either already sell around 200-300k or are very close to that number. You don't just add 300k people interested in reading the series that easily.

Heroaca also pretty much beat vol 11 sales by the 5th week. Makes you wonder whether other series just are losing sales as I know heroaca usually does around this amount in the fifth week but doesn't show up in the top 50. The anime helped vol 9 along but even that ad in Shibuya didn't get volume 11 into fifth week top 50.
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Exactly...I saw some people even compare pre-anime sales of BC to Toriko. It's not the case. BC is going to sell in the low 300k's and I'm being kind of generous.

I still think Pierrot will do a fine job handling it and probably promoting it but it wont be a massive hit.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Monthly Oricon
Feb 6 - March 5

893105 2393553 One Piece 84
308478 *308478 Haikyuu 25
256992 *440536 Boku no Hero Academia 12
150667 *150667 Shokugeki no Souma 23
137262 *137262 World Trigger 18
*78479 *119162 Yakusoku no Neverland 2
*66723 **66723 Black Clover 10
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I remember before I compared BC's peak success to World Trigger's. Bad idea, WT is still on fire even after it's anime end. Pretty impressive.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Heroaca also pretty much beat vol 11 sales by the 5th week. Makes you wonder whether other series just are losing sales as I know heroaca usually does around this amount in the fifth week but doesn't show up in the top 50. The anime helped vol 9 along but even that add in Shibuya didn't get volume 11 into fifth week top 50.
To be fair though, volume 12 only got into the top 50 by the skin of it's teeth. It's ranked 45 this week. That said, it is on track to beat out volume 11's sales. I'm still surprised that volume 11 didn't sell more to be honest.

EDIT: It's 45th, I was looking at the list for the 7th of March. Good stuff.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Exactly...I saw some people even compare pre-anime sales of BC to Toriko. It's not the case. BC is going to sell in the low 300k's and I'm being kind of generous.

I still think Pierrot will do a fine job handling it and probably promoting it but it wont be a massive hit.
My guess is probably going to sell around the middle 300k's on the low end to MAYBE lower 400k's on the high end when the anime is actually aired. I agree that it's not going to be a mega hit like some might think it will be, personally I don't think that's what Tabata's going for with BC anyway, but it will probably be one of those series that people will know about and be one of those series that are in the category of "Hey your looking to start reading manga here give this a look through"
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People are just finding new avenues to work their overt passionate views to be overly critical and blind of the continued success of BLack Clover. There are no indications that its anime would in no way propel the manga to the heights of currently running shonen jump manga, even selling 400K upon debut would put it already higher than Food Wars and HeroAca among others. Unless people are expecting it to become the next One Piece...then well, you know.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I find it odd that there are still no news about the BC anime. They announced it in december and that it would be made my Pierrot, but that's it. It's been almost 3 months with no news.
For comparison Souma's anime was announced at the end of october 2014 and it started in april 2015. BnHA's anime was also announced at the end of october 2015 and it also started in april 2016.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I find it odd that there are still no news about the BC anime. They announced it in december and that it would be made my Pierrot, but that's it. It's been almost 3 months with no news.
For comparison Souma's anime was announced at the end of october 2014 and it started in april 2015. BnHA's anime was also announced at the end of october 2015 and it also started in april 2016.
Its not like AnimeJapan ISNT this month.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I find it odd that there are still no news about the BC anime. They announced it in december and that it would be made my Pierrot, but that's it. It's been almost 3 months with no news.
For comparison Souma's anime was announced at the end of october 2014 and it started in april 2015. BnHA's anime was also announced at the end of october 2015 and it also started in april 2016.
Going off of those numbers we should be hearing some news soon as in within the next few weeks to a month. I'm expecting late summer early fall air date.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I can see many Naruto VA cast participating BC project.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top