Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not if the summary on MAL is correct the MC name is Robot
G_I_A reads the scans so I assuming he might have read the chapter preview in the magazine, which would have more info the MAL does right now
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
G_I_A reads the scans so I assuming he might have read the chapter preview in the magazine, which would have more info the MAL does right now
That maybe true my knowledge of it is the summary I mentioned previously which is why I said if it's true, though I can't really imagine mecha's golfing, but hey I'm willing to give it a shot if I'm wrong
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Tadahiro lost his magic when he decides to only focusing on 3 girls. :laser
Good thing the Christmas party starts next week then.

Would like to see the other characters (Yaya/Nonko/Nakai) get some screentime and development though.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is it really suppose to be Mecha golf?
G_I_A reads the scans so I assuming he might have read the chapter preview in the magazine, which would have more info the MAL does right now
That maybe true my knowledge of it is the summary I mentioned previously which is why I said if it's true, though I can't really imagine mecha's golfing, but hey I'm willing to give it a shot if I'm wrong
I was kidding guys... Come on...

But indeed...

How long it's been since the last mecha series on JUMP?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was kidding guys... Come on...

But indeed...

How long it's been since the last mecha series on JUMP?
I want to say it's been a while, off the top of my head I only remember was MazinSaga. I typically don't read mecha manga so I'm probably wrong.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah I think I never read one too.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
they announced mecha manga is coming just a matter of when



 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Good thing the Christmas party starts next week then.

Would like to see the other characters (Yaya/Nonko/Nakai) get some screentime and development though.
I just hope it won't be another Halloween Party.

More Yaya/Oboro please <_>

---------------------------------------------------

I like Dr.Stone, and Hungry Marie is alright but from 3 chapters I still prefer Spring Weapon comedy. Tamura lost a little bit of his magic.

Hoping that Viz would pick up Poro so I can see which direction it will go.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
In 4chan, they're saying that supposedly, Samon is in its last arc, because it feels like and endgame already. Can you confirm that? Confirm, as in, if you're reading it and you notice this
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In 4chan, they're saying that supposedly, Samon is in its last arc, because it feels like and endgame already. Can you confirm that? Confirm, as in, if you're reading it and you notice this
It indeed feels like it's ending.

I would say that Souma is also heading towards this direction...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nah, Shokugeki no Soma have more to come after this arc.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Like what?
Like things that would be considered off-topic and moved from here as soon as I post. :derp
And since my opinion was criminalized once, I don't discuss Shokugeki no Soma anymore. Just keep in mind that it will not end as soon as you may be thinking.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Calling it now, Shokugeki no Souma will end the same way Bleach did. Next chapter is the final chapter and it will have a flashback showing how they won the final shokugeki against the Elite 10 (which will be an egg dish). It will also show the final pairings with their children. Souma/Erina, Megumi/Takumi, Alice/Mad Dog, Hayama/Shiomi. Then the last panels will show Souma's son playing with cooking tools.

Screencap this.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was probably a joke or bait, but I will take it.
There is no way they are going to end a popular series out of nowhere.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I see Shokugeki ending soon tbh. It may get the Bleach treatment.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Most Jump series do seem to end in cancellation, even the popular ones. Its pretty crazy to think about. It certainly seems like Soma will eventually be one of them, but that's still a ways off. They need at least another few Neveland-level successes before they will even consider getting rid of their 4th best seller.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Joking aside, I don't think Soma is ending anytime soon because of this

"Shokugeki no Soma OVA to be bundle with Volume 25 to be released on July 4, 2017."

This news was posted in DECEMBER,2016. This was around the time Soma got a shaky ranking.

Unless Soma hits rock bottom in the next 6 months, I don't see it going anywhere.

Regarding the contents, the author already foreshadowing 2 events that will take place.
 
Last edited:

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Didn't Soma hit rock bottom last week?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top