Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Soma's anime does abysmal so I'm amazed how it's a high overall franchise. Can someone please post merchandise figures? I would assume it's really high in that department and prob why it didn't end yet.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
What are the numbers for Souma's anime seasons? I don't follow the series, so I don't know anything about how it did.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
What are the numbers for Souma's anime seasons? I don't follow the series, so I don't know anything about how it did.
S1 had like average sales of 2k and S2 had average sales of 800ish or prob less.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I actually enjoyed Arcadia of the Moon. I know it's a one shot and all, but I could see it spinning out into a pretty good series if it's given a chance. If it did receive a series I think it probably work better as a monthly series, but I wouldn't be to mad if it became a weekly series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I liked it too, it gives Star Wars episode 4 vibes
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall

You can submit questions for Matsui and Kubo's interview... Poor Kubo just look at the replies.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Joking aside, I don't think Soma is ending anytime soon because of this

"Shokugeki no Soma OVA to be bundle with Volume 25 to be released on July 4, 2017."

This news was posted in DECEMBER,2016. This was around the time Soma got a shaky ranking.

Unless Soma hits rock bottom in the next 6 months, I don't see it going anywhere.

Regarding the contents, the author already foreshadowing 2 events that will take place.
It is how much they are certain that it is not going anywhere.
You guys forgot how much time long series, but with bad rankings can take to be cancelled? Nurarihyon no Mago, Sket Dance, Beelzebub, Medaka Box, Bleach... They were bad in rankings for a long time until been cancelled. Shokugeki no Soma is not even going that bad!

One we should be talking about is Gintama. They are promising the end of this for years now. Bleach all over again.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

You can submit questions for Matsui and Kubo's interview... Poor Kubo just look at the replies.
> #BoycottShonenJump
> first reply on their twitter account

never change Jaymes, never change

anyway, I was going to say they won't take questions from westerners but they did take questions from sandman from Arlong Park for Togashi x Kishi interview

so it worth giving it a shot
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland

You can submit questions for Matsui and Kubo's interview... Poor Kubo just look at the replies.
Awesome! I really want to see if either of them are working on any new projects yet(obviously, it hasn't been that long for Kubo).
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Speaking of Matsui, i'm surprised the editors didn't pushed him to extend AssClass.

I also have to complete Neuro at some point.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I've been wondering about this for a while so I thought it should ask here. What's the deal with all the Jump spin-off magazines? Why do they change names so much? Jump X (was it Jump Cross?), Jump Giga, Jump+, and Akamaru Jump are the ones I remember seeing.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've been wondering about this for a while so I thought it should ask here. What's the deal with all the Jump spin-off magazines? Why do they change names so much? Jump X (was it Jump Cross?), Jump Giga, Jump+, and Akamaru Jump are the ones I remember seeing.
Jump Plus is their app

Jump Cross is a one time thing, it's supposed to a WSJ x Plus crossover magazine

Akamau and Next and Giga are the same thing, it's a bimonthly magazine and they publish oneshots in it, we don't now why do they keep changing the name but it's probably a publicity stunt to generate some hype and increase the sales
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
> #BoycottShonenJump
> first reply on their twitter account

never change Jaymes, never change

anyway, I was going to say they won't take questions from westerners but they did take questions from sandman from Arlong Park for Togashi x Kishi interview

so it worth giving it a shot
His last video talks about the upcoming interview. And in his video he says that before Bleach got serialized Akira Toriyama told Kubo that he loved the Bleach one shot and kept pushing Kubo to make t a full series and be successful in Jump.

Literally can't find a single source of this
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've been wondering about this for a while so I thought it should ask here. What's the deal with all the Jump spin-off magazines? Why do they change names so much? Jump X (was it Jump Cross?), Jump Giga, Jump+, and Akamaru Jump are the ones I remember seeing.
It is just marketing to make it feel new and make people care about oneshots.
I'm surprised with this question since I said this same thing at least twice here.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
What are two mangaka currently in WSJ that you guys would wanna see do an interview with the most?

I think mine would be the obvious; Horikoshi x Tabata.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What are two mangaka currently in WSJ that you guys would wanna see do an interview with the most?

I think mine would be the obvious; Horikoshi x Tabata.
Tsukuda Yuto x Saeki Shun x Miura Tadahiro round table. Man, it would be ecchi and boobs all over the place. xD
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What are two mangaka currently in WSJ that you guys would wanna see do an interview with the most?

I think mine would be the obvious; Horikoshi x Tabata.
Kaui/Posuka and Oda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top