- Joined
- May 30, 2012
- Messages
- 13,583
- Reaction score
- 3,219
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Since we are in the subject, someone had read this novel? I will probably read it at some point, but I want to know if it lives up to PCP name.
It most likely will. Probably later down the road tho.aren't they replacing it with Tokyo Ghoul anime? TG isn't a long running anime so maybe OP will be back after it's done airing?
and how it will never get on in the U.S.
Crow Edited MangaOh damn, I didn't know it was actually released in "our universe". Sorry for the misinfo. That's pretty neat though. I was always frustrated that I couldn't read any of the series in Bakuman. Crow, Zombie Gun, PCP, and Reversi always interested me based on their small glimpses shown in the manga. I believe there was that Otter one shot a while ago.
Platinum End was in the mangas, under the name of Angel days if I remember right, and it got shot down before it even began there. I presonally would've liked to see them make a Detective Trap like series, or maybe Zombie Gun like series.Crow Edited Manga
Money and Intelligence Edited Manga
we could have gotten these but we are stuck with Platinum End instead

Yup. I, like many others, was excited for the duo's next manga series, but it turned out to be a disappointment. Sucks that what we got was a mediocre series when we could have gotten something from Bakuman. I wonder why they haven't tried to flesh out a full series from Bakuman yet, maybe the one-shots were meant to gauge the popularity?Crow or Zombie Gun would've been nice. Platinum End is just disgraceful.
What series, Bakuman? If so, I have read the entire series, albeit it was maybe two years ago.You guys talk as if you've read the entire series, not just snippets.![]()
No, the series that appear in Bakuman, they show just small snapshots and yet people think they are very good, but it is not how it works. Making a series out of it is a completely different thing, it raises the level in many degrees... It is an even shorter sample than oneshots and we already have problems with a lot of oneshos that looks promising, but end up being a complete disappointment when they are turned into series.What series, Bakuman? If so, I have read the entire series, albeit it was maybe two years ago.
Honestly, I think the reason it's being removed is because One Piece had the lowest ratings on the block. That's combined with the fact that it's so long they would be stuck with a low rating show forever. I don't think it's the end of the One Piece English dub, but I don't think it'll return Toonami. When Tokyo Ghoul is done they'll probably replace it with another short anime like MHA, AoT Season 2, or Mob Psycho or somethingIt most likely will. Probably later down the road tho.
The overreation of this is annoying tho.
People act like this the end for OP in Americaand how it will never get on in the U.S.
Yeah a series with volumes always debuting in top ten list and being there for several weeks is not popular.
People have weird expectations that OP has failed because it didnt reach Naruto popularity in the U.S. but dont apply this requirement to other series.
so basically you're saying "you may like it now but you may not like more of it" ?No, the series that appear in Bakuman, they show just small snapshots and yet people think they are very good, but it is not how it works. Making a series out of it is a completely different thing, it raises the level in many degrees... It is an even shorter sample than oneshots and we already have problems with a lot of oneshos that looks promising, but end up being a complete disappointment when they are turned into series.
I liked the overall feeling of the setting but Yagi wrote it like a first chapter instead of a self-contained story. The lore was barely explained, the conflict was resolved too quickly and there was no emotional connection from me to the characters.You guys already probably talked about it but that Arcadia of the Moonlight one shot was dope. Never heard of Claymore though so can't say I'm a fan of the author but hope this turns into something in the future.
Claymore is awesome, I recommend despite the ending is not that good compared to the rest of the series.You guys already probably talked about it but that Arcadia of the Moonlight one shot was dope. Never heard of Claymore though so can't say I'm a fan of the author but hope this turns into something in the future.
It isn't as if anything would be better than Platinum End, am I right?You guys talk as if you've read the entire series, not just snippets.![]()

Yeah, especially the part where it ends faster than you'd like.Feel like i'm back in high school reading We Can't Study.
and that's not a good thing.![]()