Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Aren't you forgetting Isobe, forgive my ignorance if it doesn't get ranked I haven't read it yet?
Isobe isn't ranked. It's placed at the back on purpose, in order for the magazine to end on a good note.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh yeah, MHA's anime is technically starting next week, no wonder it's getting the cover. I was expecting Black Clover beforehand.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Boku no Hero "lost" do HZ? HAHAHA, now I wanna see somes fans flip.

And I know that pre ranks do not count but... THAT HIGH?

Come on... There's no way in hell that shueisha "will cancel" a boichi/Inagaki combination.

Venerate Veterans.
You take your pettiness to new heights every single week
Come on Sharky... I'm loving the path that Neverland took... I hope the next one to go is the annoying girl.

They all should die... And I'm not hating, I really love this series...

But give me a break... Kids without superpowers beating demons? Nah.

If you guys wanna know why I'm like that... Read last week's Uratarou's chapter. It will blow your damn minds.

That's what jump's supposed to be.
Why waste your time reading a bland terrible series trying too hard to be a battle shonen when you can easily read a great top tier battle manga like My Hero Academia?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh yeah, MHA's anime is technically starting next week, no wonder it's getting the cover. I was expecting Black Clover beforehand.
I'm not surprised really have to advertise the anime as much as possible to hype up the new season. I speculate that the week after BC will probably get the cover.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
17号
巻頭:ヒロアカ ※4号連続綴じ込み付録第1弾書下ろしポスター

HeroAca is going to have 4 consecutive coloured posters.

....I worry for Horikoshi's health now..
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
17号
巻頭:ヒロアカ ※4号連続綴じ込み付録第1弾書下ろしポスター

HeroAca is going to have 4 consecutive coloured posters.

....I worry for Horikoshi's health now..
Thats... a bit much. Maybe working on that on the side contributed to that incomplete chapter.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does it say that he drew the posters?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
for the first time in a while wsj have a full 20 manga line up, neat
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Does it say that he drew the posters?
"書下ろしポスター" means that he drew the posters.

On the topic though, Shueisha, Yomiuri TV, Toho, pretty much everyone is going all out in advertisement. There's going to be a special program this saturday (March 18) afternoon at 12:54 on YTV called "[Boku no Hero Academia] Academia", hosted by Kendo Kobayashi where it will be a classroom format showing the various strong points about Heroaca from Kobayashi's perspective. It's almost like Ametalk lite. In addition, Toho will be showing the PV with the opening song preview by Yonezu Kenshi at all Toho cinema theaters, barring a few, before the new Doraemon movie
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Well, Jump list is a bit crowded nowdays, so TPN going down and up is no surprising, just waiting until axe-sama shows up and organize things.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Geez I hope season 2 is very successful with the promo it's getting.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Isn't their limit like 22?
dunno, I always assumed 20 is the magic number

17号
巻頭:ヒロアカ ※4号連続綴じ込み付録第1弾書下ろしポスター

HeroAca is going to have 4 consecutive coloured posters.

....I worry for Horikoshi's health now..

 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
"書下ろしポスター" means that he drew the posters.

On the topic though, Shueisha, Yomiuri TV, Toho, pretty much everyone is going all out in advertisement. There's going to be a special program this saturday (March 18) afternoon at 12:54 on YTV called "[Boku no Hero Academia] Academia", hosted by Kendo Kobayashi where it will be a classroom format showing the various strong points about Heroaca from Kobayashi's perspective. It's almost like Ametalk lite. In addition, Toho will be showing the PV with the opening song preview by Yonezu Kenshi at all Toho cinema theaters, barring a few, before the new Doraemon movie
Imagine if it gets the Kingdom boost because of this.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Imagine if it gets the Kingdom boost because of this.
If you're talking with respect to the program this Saturday then that's unlikely but overall it might be possible when the anime starts.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
In another topic, which training arc you found out to be the best in a Jump series? And why it has a good significance in the story? I may have watched the Kenshin movies, but the training arc in the third one felt more like a moral test for Kenshin, as well as the self-discovery of his purpose with his oath to not kill people, which I find very significant for Kenshin´s character.
Toriko's Shokurin temple training arc was amazing, very underrated. It really encompasses the theme of gratitude into the training well and had a nice payoff. The training for Gourmet World Saga may top that but that was a bunch of mini-arcs.
 
Last edited:

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Best Training arc: for me was Eyeshield 21, the Death March arc when they went to US and did 2000km run from Texas to Vegas. The motivation, the characters pushing their limit and Sena creating the best technique in the entire series, Devil Bat Ghost...one of my favorite training.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I don't see why fans of Hero Academia will flip about Hinomaru Zumou being above it since most probably don't even read it. I'm happy Zumou is higher because at the moment the series is more enjoyable to me than Hero Academia. :-_- Yaiba that high once again is great to see, hope its popularity keeps rising.

On another note, is that rumor about an early chapter true? If so, then we might be able to read RxL earlier than expected.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell

YYH got a similar treatment not too long ago too. Hmm...I'll take anything HxH related. I really want Togashi to come back this year too.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
equipping adult Gon with a weapon is so redundant

he can punch these things to sun if he wants
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Pretty standard TOC, nothing stands out. Happy for HZ and Yaiba rankings.

I guess Horikoshis absence 2 weeks ago could be attributed to the posters if he got started on them early. Although he did say in the comments he was sick. If he hasn't done any of them yet, Rip him...

On another note, is that rumor about an early chapter true? If so, then we might be able to read RxL earlier than expected.
It's true. We can probably expect to see RxL within the next 24 hours or so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top