Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Lol I did not realize you guys viewed it so negatively, suddenly I'm questioning my own tastes :3c
On that note, what did you guys think of Mitsukubi Condor? I've read the chapters that have been released up until now (I think there is only one left), and I've enjoyed it a good amount. I like the premise of thieves and having a sort of early Fairy Tail Natsu and Lucy camaraderie vibe going on. Marshmellow's design is interesting to say the least. Of course, as with most axed Jump manga, if it was in the hands of a better writer it could have been great, but I feel like this one was more _unique_ than other axed manga like, recently, Red Sprite and Demon's Plan.
I liked Condor too, I like the dungeon raids and the use of treasures in battles, reminded me more of Magi than FT

I was hoping for a similar thing from the mangaka after that but Amalgam happened :-_-

hopefully third time's a charm, it worked for Hori
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
While the premise was interesting I thought the story of Mitsukbi Condor (at least what we got) didn't really me as strike new or interesting in any particular way the most glaring problem I felt was the art which I felt compounded the problems the story had. It had this stiff and mechanical feeling while great for creating environments and monsters shots did not translate well to action and character interaction. These issues also seemed to carry over into Amalgam of Distortion.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Viz announces all these licenses, and didn't decide to license official english releases for Kimetsu No Yaiba. When Viz... When?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I was kinda annoyed with having more recap at the start, but it was integrated into the story well enough. The Izuku scene at the start was straight up animated better than anything in S1. Overall, it's a big step up from S1.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Izuku scene is pretty top top tier.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
The animation in that Izuku scene was amazing :O. Unfortunately so much of the episode was spent on recaps and it only covered 1 chapter, the pacing was slow :/. Hopefully its just a one off for the first ep and they start ramping it up from here.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
About that topic of favorite rival characters in Jump.
My first favorite shonen rival character was Akira from Hikaru no Go.
Second was Sesshomaru from Inuyasha.
Third was Xanxus from Reborn.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought the 1st episode of MHA was great. Man following this series since it's beginning has been a blessing, it feels like I'm apart of it. On another hand TPN was fantastic, what a great day
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Can someone give me some password on MHA farum?. Thanks in advance.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I still need to watch the MHA episode. I don't doubt it will be great but Shingeki will trample it.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
''Man-child'' I am glad future complaints about Shigaraki being a disappointment main villain will lessen, cause the seeds of him being immature and growing along side the main character have now been planted.

It was good episode. Can't wait Shouto's screen time in this arc.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
While I'm going to watch AOT, my hype for it has been dead for a while now. Looking forward to the OP though.

MHA surpassed my expectations due to the animation quality. My expectations weren't that high since I knew they wouldn't adapt much in the first episode, but the new content that we got was handled very well.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
We finally got official confirmation that season 2 is 25 episodes, with Bones updating the site with BD info
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
IN ANOTHER NOTE...

Robot x Laserbeam 2 and 3
: I honestly don´t know what to make of it. It doesn´t have a special hook or a way to make golf cool. Granted, sports manga get good after the first volume is all set-up, but this, it just doesn´t hook me in any way. It´s not Hungry Marie or U19 bad. It´s just, like, bland.

The main characters by now have little appeal. Youzan is the most appealing since he´s a popular but humble player who wants to go pro the right way. He had to be the MC, not Robot, who feels like his nickname suggests, and has nothing going for him. The art is also OK. It works for this series, but has little in the way of special. I´ll continue reading it, but it has to be better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top