Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
sorry, but he's right about what exactly? I reread his post multiple times and there's zero argument in it

he mentioned that BnHA is not Op, Naruto and HxH all of which have nothing to do with the post

then mentioned AoT which is not even a WSJ manga adaptation and have nothing to do with Newkerzy's post

and stitched and filled his post with insults because why not? the mods seems to not mind it

where is the criticism? where's the argument?

or are you agreeing with his statement that AoT will be the anime of the year? because that's just as an empty of an assumption as the "Best WSJ adaptation ever" assumption
HxH have EVERYTHING to do with the post. The 2011 is clearly one of the best animations lol. Way better than MHA for that matter and you know it =)

But ok... Who backs the dude's comment about MHA best animation ever?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree Haikyuu is one of the best. Although personally I feel like some anime should deviate and make improvements to the source material sometime. I don't think any manga is perfect, so I believe an anime is the perfect chance to make small change it and patch up some of its flaws
I don`t think the anime production staff knows more about the series than the author to have the right to change things in a work that is not theirs. Fillers has proved to be very bad and one of the best things that happened when the animation industry shifted from long animes to 12~24 episodes animes was that there is no space for fillers. This is a media adaptation and only things that helps the series be better animated is allowed to be added. The animation staff is there to adapt the manga to anime preserving the vision of the author, not introducing their own vision about it.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jesus Christ, why are you such a hater
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I agree Haikyuu is one of the best. Although personally I feel like some anime should deviate and make improvements to the source material sometime. I don't think any manga is perfect, so I believe an anime is the perfect chance to make small change it and patch up some of its flaws
Because I critique MHA. If I were doing this to Black Clover or any other series that you dislike I would be your "teammate" haha.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
HxH have EVERYTHING to do with the post. The 2011 is clearly one of the best animations lol. Way better than MHA for that matter and you know it =)

But ok... Who backs the dude's comment about MHA best animation ever?
you never said that, you just said BnHA is not HxH

and you put Op and Naruto in the same sentence, so that means they also have better anime than BnHA

Because I critique MHA. If I were doing this to Black Clover or any other series that you dislike I would be your "teammate" haha.
where is the critique tho?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I don`t think the anime production staff knows more about the series than the author to have the right to change things in a work that is not theirs. Fillers has proved to be very bad and one of the best things that happened when the animation industry shifted from long animes and to 12~24 episodes anime was that there is no space for fillers. This is a media adaptation and only things that helps the series be better animated is allowed to be added. The animation staff is there to adapt the manga to anime preserving the vision of the author, not introducing their own vision about it.
I'm not talking about adding entire new plot points. I'm saying reinforcing things that are already there. For exp. in today's MHA's episode there's an added scene where All Might writes to his old teacher telling him about Deku. Where as in the manga we don't learn about All Might's teacher until Deku meets him for the first time.
[Just a hypothetical] or say in The Promised Neverland Isabelle turns out to have been a good guy all along in the next chapter. The Anime could improve the reveal by adding anime original scenes that foreshadow the reveal
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The second hiatus x hiatus adapation is pretty much the best. Madhouse is too overpowered.
you never said that, you just said BnHA is not HxH

and you put Op and Naruto in the same sentence, so that means they also have better anime than BnHA



where is the critique tho?
Yes I said it =)

And yes, MHA is not One Piece, not Naruto, not HxH... It's laughable just trying to compare story and quality-wise. I agree however that animation-wise, it it better than One Piece or Naruto. But not the 2011 HxH and it will never be.

Bones is simply not better than Madhouse for these two particular shows.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
G_I_A just go offline men. You just hate BHA for strange reasons. This manga is the future of jump so face it and stop talking bad things about it.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
sorry, but he's right about what exactly? I reread his post multiple times and there's zero argument in it

he mentioned that BnHA is not Op, Naruto and HxH all of which have nothing to do with the post

then mentioned AoT which is not even a WSJ manga adaptation and have nothing to do with Newkerzy's post

and stitched and filled his post with insults because why not? the mods seems to not mind it

where is the criticism? where's the argument?

or are you agreeing with his statement that AoT will be the anime of the year? because that's just as an empty of an assumption as the "Best WSJ adaptation ever" assumption
He is right in the sense that MHA is pretty overhyped. Best WSJ adaptation ever, really?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Because I critique MHA. If I were doing this to Black Clover or any other series that you dislike I would be your "teammate" haha.
Well for 1 thing, I don't hate Black Clover. id say the exact same thing is you were talking about Black Clover.
And there was no real critique. It was just a post that screamed "I don't like this series and I don't like that other ppl like it"
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes I said it =)

And yes, MHA is not One Piece, not Naruto, not HxH... It's laughable just trying to compare story and quality-wise. I agree however that animation-wise, it it better than One Piece or Naruto. But not the 2011 HxH and it will never be.

Bones is simply not better than Madhouse for these two particular shows.
all this talk is about the best wsj anime adaptation what does the fact that bnha is not op, naruto, hxh have to do with anything

you're bringing up unrelated subjects to the topic which is strawman argument

He is right in the sense that MHA is pretty overhyped. Best WSJ adaptation ever, really?
that's his assumption tho, s3 doesn't even exist to judge
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well for 1 thing, I don't hate Black Clover. id say the exact same thing is you were talking about Black Clover.
And there was no real critique. It was just a post that screamed "I don't like this series and I don't like that other ppl like it"
G_I_A just go offline men. You just hate BHA for strange reasons. This manga is the future of jump so face it and stop talking bad things about it.
I know it's a bait but I'll bite. I never said I dislike MHA, in fact I pretty much like it better than you guys. I also translate it since a loooong time. It's waaaay better than Black Clover. It's stupid to compare or think otherwise.

But the thing is: You guys are trying SOOOO hard for this manga to be recognized as Naruto, One Piece or HxH and its not... I repeat IT'S NOT in the same level. I'm not entering the space of "opinion" here. It's just the plain truth. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is still more relevant than it in pretty much any sense that we can compare.

Pretty much everybody that says anything "bad" about it you guys FREAK OUT.

And you know what? It's ok to defend a series that you love but it's highly... totally hypocrite to bash people that do the same to series that you hate.

And this IS what's happening here right now. I just don't care about what other people think enough to not point that out.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I feel like there's two different arguments going on. When he said 'best WSJ adaptation', I take it was for his personal preference. It was in reply to my question of 'favourite' after all. I never asked for the best because I don't think that exists. It's all subjective to personal tastes.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
all this talk is about the best wsj anime adaptation what does the fact that bnha is not op, naruto, hxh have to do with anything

you're bringing up unrelated subjects to the topic which is strawman argument



that's his assumption tho, s3 doesn't even exist to judge
My quote proved you wrong dude, just accept it. You're just trying to hate for no reason. But indeed no s3 yet. S1 is not good enough. It's worse than One Piece or Naruto in their prime. For season 2 we will have to wait, I think it will be better than the 2, But never, ever better than 2011 hxh.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I feel like there's two different arguments going on. When he said 'best WSJ adaptation', I take it was for his personal preference. It was in reply to my question of 'favourite' after all.
That's exactly the WHOLE point. People tend to confuse their preferences with the obviousness.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Defending yourself wont work now. Bha was trending on twitter like crazy, You dont see HxH or One piece trend like that so all you say is invalid.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Defending yourself wont work now. Bha was trending on twitter like crazy, You dont see HxH or One piece trend like that so all you say is invalid.
Well Twitter was not a "thing" in their prime. And nowadays we have overhyped fornever fans for that. Still proves nothing, Bieber trends pretty much everyday.

Are we going to "worship" him as well?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
We dont have to. We worship BHA.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Exactly. And because of that pretty much any argument in favor of other series and in degration of MHA will be liable of hate. That's what I'm trying to say.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I know it's a bait but I'll bite. I never said I dislike MHA, in fact I pretty much like it better than you guys. I also translate it since a loooong time (evidence pic below). It's waaaay better than Black Clover. It's stupid to compare or thin otherwise.

But the thing is: You guys are trying SOOOO hard for this manga to be recognized as Naruto, One Piece or HxH and its not... I repeat IT'S NOT in the same level. I'm not entering the space of "opinion" here. It's just the plain truth. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is still more relevant than it in pretty much any sense that we can compare.

Pretty much everybody that says anything "bad" about it you guys FREAK OUT.

And you know what? It's ok to defend a series that you love but it's highly... totally hypocrite to bash people that do the same to series that you hate.

And this IS what's happening here right now. I just don't care about what other people think enough to not point that out.
You must have this thread mixed up with another forum. I've literally never seen anyone in here hype up the series as being the next Naruto or One Piece. at most MAYBE there's like 1 or 2 guys saying that, but that doesn't account for all of us.

There's a difference between being optimistic about a series' future than saying "it's going to be as big as one piece one day", which nobody in here has ever said. Just because some ppl aren't pessimistic and think the series can still increase in popularity a little doesn't make them delusional or blind fans.

And just like when you said "I hope MHA stays on hiatus for another year" a few weeks back, you have extremely poor choices of words. People aren't attacking you for having criticism for the series. But I don't get how you possibly can't see how calling the series "My Failure Academia" wouldn't come off as hating on the series. And saying "the series will be forgotten in a couple years" wouldn't generate some kind of backlash
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top