Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You must have this thread mixed up with another forum. I've literally never seen anyone in here hype up the series as being the next Naruto or One Piece. at most MAYBE there's like 1 or 2 guys saying that, but that doesn't account for all of us.

There's a difference between being optimistic about a series' future than saying "it's going to be as big as one piece one day", which nobody in here has ever said. Just because some ppl aren't pessimistic and think the series can still increase in popularity a little doesn't make them delusional or blind fans.

And just like when you said "I hope MHA stays on hiatus for another year" a few weeks back, you have extremely poor choices of words. People aren't attacking you for having criticism for the series. But I don't get how you possibly can't see how calling the series "My Failure Academia" wouldn't come off as hating on the series. And saying "the series will be forgotten in a couple years" wouldn't generate some kind of backlash
Somebody JUST said: potential to be best WSJ animation EVER. If this is not overhype I don't know what it is =)

And yeah, I see people doing EXACTLY THE SAME to: Black Clover, Dr. Stone or pretty much ANY OTHER series that is not MHA or more recently We Can't Study. It's the saaame hate. It's the saame unoptimistic statements.

The only difference is that I do against MHA and check the number of people clearly upset because of that. This proves the overhype, dude.

I have no problem bashing the series that I love =)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
This is being blown way out of proportion. I didn't continue with the argument initially because it's not worth the time. This is getting out of hand for a small comment made by a fan of a series.

Just to add though, I feel like 'overhyped' is a term you can use with anything popular, so this isn't really connecting with me.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well what is worth of our time is highly debatable but yeah... To end this argument let me just say this:

One comment of hate about Black Clover for instance generate 1 page maybe 2 of people agreeing and more bash with a grain of fun.

One comment of hate about MHA generates a HUPLA. My point is proved.

MHA is the Bieber of manga.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yall still getting caught up in this guy's pace lol. He's has some sort of weird hate for MHA and thinks that we all worship it and hate everything else. Let him think that and let's just move on because we get on this topic every 3 days and it's silly
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yall still getting caught up in this guy's pace lol.
Yeah because I bashed Bieber. It's EXACTLY THE SAME.

As a matter of fact, he is here in Brazil and somebody did the same that I do with MHA. Can you guess what happened? HAHA
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah because I bashed Bieber. It's EXACTLY THE SAME.

As a matter of fact, he is here in Brazil and somebody did the same that I do with MHA. Can you guess what happened? HAHA
Sir I respect your opinions and hope you have a wonderful rest of the day :). Next topic please save us :(
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You can always start one... Like, best WSJ anime adaptation opening/ending for an instance.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For real though, the English Shaman King OP is still stuck in my head to this day.
Which one? Both are amazing haha

Edit: Oh sorry, in english it's just one? In portuguese we have 2 pretty much exactly like the original version of Oversoul and Northern Lights.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Joking on the OP one but the most recent I really enjoyed are Shokugeki Spice ending (season 1) and Haikyuu Season 1 Opening.

One Piece We Are, Bon Voyage, plus some other OP covers.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm not sure which is actually my all time favourite WSJ OP. I stand by my statement that Gintama has my favourite selection of OPs out of any long running show. OP 9 is my favourite out of them.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hmm Naruto had lots of good openings... Haikyuu best opening to me is Hikari Are (Let there be light) from season 3.

Kuroko no Basket Gran Rodeio ones are also nice.

Reborn had also some good songs from LM.C...

It's very very hard to pick one.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
The best opening I have ever seen is the first BHA opening. Just amazing
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I think both Hunter x Hunter adaptations despite their pros are pretty flawed. (typing on a tablet so I can't really go as in depth as I'd like to on this)

99 ruins the atmosphere of the manga by slowing down the pace, over-dramatizing things, and the color pallet. The more boring character designs don't help either.
HxH is supposed to be constantly tone shifting, and it's anti-climatic moments are part of what makes it so well written.
99 still has some incredible direction and animation but the adaptation thoroughly missed the point and made a much more generic feeling series than the manic beautiful mess which is the HxH manga.

The 2011 adaptation had some terrible music direction early on (but got better before York Shin), also the narration during the Ant arc just did not work in animation.
Otherwise it's a pretty damn brilliant adaptation.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Orange Range need to comeback for Black Clover opening.


Happy People was a good ED for Bleach.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What are your guys' favourite anime adaptation of a WSJ series? I think mine is Gintama.
Gintama (The anime is a big reason why the franchise lasted as long as it did which is a testament to how well done it was)
YYH (This is an adaptation all should strive to be, eliminating the weak aspects of the manga while greatly improving everything else, its to the point where there really is no need to read the manga because you'll be disappointed)
Hunter x Hunter 1999 ( While not the most faithful adaptation it has the most style. The difference between the 1999 and the 2011 adaptation is like night and day, I really like how it conveys an atmosphere and how scenes were adapted versus the more faithful but much more bland latter adaptation)
Death Note (This is another adaptation that has divided people just due to how different in tone it is from the source of material but I feel that the director did a good job of selling its premise with more flavor than the dry manga did)
Bleach (The anime adaptation of Bleach is what I'll consider a polished turd, as bad as the source of material is the anime did such a great job at selling it to people that you can't get too mad at it if for nothing else you can give points towards style)
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Bones has some of the best animators so no worries there. Just worry if they will adapt it right.
Well, if All Might vs Noumu is any indication, I'd bet my ass they'll even offer two suitcases full of money to the guys who did OPM's fights too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top