Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
RIP Poro, I hope it somehow manages to survive even with this initial low ranking. I'm rooting for him, RxL, and Study-koi to survive. The rest I couldn't care less about. Dr. Stone was probably the most hyped out of the six but it still hasn't sold me as something good.

On another note, GIA back at it again with the contradictions. Says he apparently likes Hero Academia yet he "dreams" it ranks below top 5... and Zumou is definitely getting cancelled right? How many weeks has it been "definitively getting cancelled" now? Have you ever realized that if it was getting cancelled it wouldn't be receiving constant color pages, much less have lasted this long? cmon man, you can do better than that.

Also, can you please stop with the whole VENERATE VETERANS thing? We get it dude, you think the rookies are shit, but you already have it in your sig, you don't need to remind us of your shit taste in every one of your posts.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Speaking of Zumou, the mangaka wasted the latest chapter doing a slow motion replay for a match that was already finished

if the mangaka is worried about the axe he wouldn't do this kinda of things

it also explains why was last week chapter was dead last, Jump might have felt it was unnecessary to push a chapter that was just showing off stuff that already happened



on another note, last week I thought the biking oneshot was called "Kuromori Crime" so I thought it was about those cops that rides bikes

but this week it's written "Kuromori Climb" so I'm guessing it's about mountains biking?

either way I'm hyped
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whatever they are paying g the 30K club, Shueisha should invest that money instead towards medical research to get Ashihara and Togashi back.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just found out foreverapleb made Bleach x YYH doujin and put it on his channel

first of all, DON'T WATCH IT, I'm giving you a fair warning
second of all, DON'T WATCH IT, seriously don't
third of all, can you rub alcohol on your eyes?



remember how he calls his clickbaiting shit reviews and how he's a reviewer and a critic?
remember when he called himself an artist and compared himself to Togashi?
remember his ear rape song and how he introduce himself as a musician?
all of this is nothing

all of Sonic posters on deviantart should just give up, you can't outcringe this
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Great rank for Neverland (geez i almost wrote forneverworld)

Poro ranked low, well, i dropped a while ago, so not sure or should i say, i don't care its survival.

And i am glad Hungry Marie is doing well even though it's not ranked yet, i know it gets much hate on this thread, but all that matters to me is how Japanese audience view it, and judging how it's getting a color page before even ranked, there's a chance of it getting a good reception from JPN.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I could see people sending multiple votes for both him and Dorksta.
... say, do you speak/read japanese? Because, if Yuno is Nr.1, I know whom to blame then~

I also hope Miss Vanessa gets votes, shes best girl thus far.
You mispelled Noelle.
... followed by Vanessa on 2nd place.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
My favourite character in BC is Luck.

Its an elaborate ruse. They're being quiet because what they're actually working on is a new Bleach anime. My secret sources told me.
Don't you mean it's a logical ruse? :derp
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I could see people sending multiple votes for both him and Dorksta.
... say, do you speak japanese? Because, if Yuno is Nr.1, I know whom to blame then~

I also hope Miss Vanessa gets votes, shes best girl thus far.
You mispelled Noelle.
... followed by Vanessa on 2nd place.
I just found out foreverapleb made Bleach x YYH doujin and put it on his channel

first of all, DON'T WATCH IT, I'm giving you a fair warning
second of all, DON'T WATCH IT, seriously don't
third of all, can you rub alcohol on your eyes?



remember how he calls his clickbaiting shit reviews and how he's a reviewer and a critic?
remember when he called himself an artist and compared himself to Togashi?
remember his ear rape song and how he introduce himself as a musician?
all of this is nothing

all of Sonic posters on deviantart should just give up, you can't outcringe this
Dude, you need to meet that guy soon. That hateboner can't be healthy for any longer.
And dont misunderstand, I also can't stand that guy(Like I said several times before, his "Dat[InsertManga]Greatness!" let my ears bleed), but there is a reason why I neither watch his(or Jaymes) videos, nor do I follow him on Twitter(actually, I've blocked both of 'em). I'm just indifferent. Something I recommend to more people in this thread. Because, let's be honest, if you're wasting so much time, energy AND breath for the a certain manga, for its fans or for some so-called critic on youtube, you secretly more of a fan than you want to admit. Say what you want, but I prefer to use my time, energy & breath for things I DO enjoy-
Like Persona 5.
Or the Weekly Manga Recap, the reactions of both guys about the last The Promised Neverland-chapter(they read the Viz-chapters) was fantastic, but they're overall fantastic & very funny.
What are you saying? I've already mentioned these 2 before? Yeah, I did, but I also like their weekly manga iscussions and they're 2 very likeable guys. Dont see something bad in recommend GOOD things.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so I'm a tsun for that accidental 24/7 Jinbei cosplayer?




don't get the wrong idea, it's not like I like him or anything

b-baka!
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Shoseki ranking 04/04/2017 :
1-One-Punch Man 13
2-My Hero Academia 13
3-Blue Exorcist 19
4-To LOVE-Ru Darkness 18 END
5-The Promised Neverland 03
6-Gintama 68
8-Yuragisou no Yuuna-san 05
10-Saiki Kusuo no Sainan 21
12-Hinomaru Zumou 14
13-Boys Over Flowers Season 2 06
14-Sesuji wo Pin! 10 END
18-Ao no Flag 01
20-Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals 01
21-Kanata no Astra 03
24-BLACK TORCH 01
27-Wonder Rabbit Girl 06
36-iShoujo+ 12
41-The Promised Neverland 02
42-The Promised Neverland 01
47-Ibitsu no Amalgam 02
52-Spring Weapon Number One 02
99-Tetsuwan Adam 02
114-Bye-bye Jinrui 03
116-Muttsuri Shinken 01
205-Ole Golazo 01
292-Demon's Plan 01
394-Tabekake Gospel Plan: Dear Succubus Sister 03
 
Last edited:

Support

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Age
38
Country
United Kingdom
Wait so there has been 2 rankings already? There's too much chat around here for me to notice.

This forum has way more activity than expected when jump only comes out once a week

It's a shame Poro isn't doing too well this week, it has that stupid straight faced humour that I like. But have to admit im kind of bored of highschool series for a while now.

Though I heard that comedy series are less reliant on the rankings, so who knows?

U19 doesnt seem to be doing well this week either. Never read it, but it sounds like a super melodramatic "screw society!" kind of teenage drama that im not too keen on. I'll check it out tonight just in case though.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Amalgam outselling Spring Weapon. Ahahahah
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
all of bnha volumes are in the 100s or higher

you guys told me manga doesn't get boost from second seasons

 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
The fact that volume 12 made it back into the top 50 is pretty rad.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I took Mawara's suggestion and have watched those weekly recap YouTubers, they go in on every series which is pretty hilarious lol. Even for the ones I follow religiously (FT, MHA) it's funny how they break it down and make light of it. I haven't watched double4anime in a while and Forvenr sometimes depending on the topic but that's because he pops up on my YouTube recommendations and I have no fucking idea how to stop that shit from happening

On the ToC, it was somebody, I think shark bait, who complained when the mc kissed that girl in poro. I think it was chapter 2 he did that so if that chapter ranks low rip, if shippers and romance fanatics don't find that appealing it's done. Dr. stone I feel like would be better without the love story nonense. I still like it but they could of made Yuzihara just a regular heroine or friend to the mc, like a Tea to Yugi type of friendship
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
^Poro's sucking the poison kiss happened in chapter 3 iirc

Boruto's anime adapted the the first scene from the first chapter of the manga, I wasn't expecting that
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I took Mawara's suggestion and have watched those weekly recap YouTubers, they go in on every series which is pretty hilarious lol. Even for the ones I follow religiously (FT, MHA) it's funny how they break it down and make light of it. I haven't watched double4anime in a while and Forvenr sometimes depending on the topic but that's because he pops up on my YouTube recommendations and I have no fucking idea how to stop that shit from happening
Nik really really hates Fairy Tail, he's my favorite of the duo though. I Liked that review where he just walks out the review and like ''i'm done with Asta's shit''
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Nik really really hates Fairy Tail, he's my favorite of the duo though. I Liked that review where he just walks out the review and like ''i'm done with Asta's shit''
They also made theme months for Bleach & Naruto, when both Manga ended & Chris & Nik talked hours about what they liked about these two manga & what they disliked over the years. They make fun of both manga, but also treat them with sincere respect, because both guys were funs of these manga.
Though, not as theme months,they also discussed the endings of Nisekoi & Toriko.
They also read & discuss JoJo & the Pokemon manga regularly. Though, the best episodes are the ones, when they rant about a certain recommended manga-
Like Aki Sora, Usagi Drop, Freezing or their famous Air Gear-Episode, which I really recommend with my whole heart.
(I also want to mention Murcielago, simply because I was the one who recommended the manga to them. it was fun~)
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It's weird that Jump would do a colour page on the first ranking next issue for Marie.

I wonder if maybe the first chapter done pretty badly but the next ones were a lot better, so they're hiding the low one.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@Mammo I just watched, that part was dope. Boruto's art and animation is a slap in the face since it's what Shippuden could of had. I'm surprised how good the first episode was lol, this is going to be 100x better than the manga. But why did I get the vibe that....

Denki = Kawaki??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top