Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Forgot to exclude Haikyuu but wow it was a 200-250k seller? Wasnt it higher prior to it's anime? Iirc I think it made the top 30 yearly sales even before the anime.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Forgot to exclude Haikyuu but wow it was a 200-250k seller? Wasnt it higher prior to it's anime? Iirc I think it made the top 30 yearly sales even before the anime.
Yeah. The volume before the anime started sold 220k before falling off the chart.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
5th anniversary of Haikyuu, I realized now... I'm glad that I was able to follow this series since the beginning, I owe a lot from Nisekoi and Haikyuu, which started almost at the same time, 3 months of difference or so. Because of those two I got interesting in TOCs, to root for them, and knew more about Jump and started to read more series from the magazine. The future was bright at that time, but 5 years after the future doesn't seem so bright, unfortunately...
One Piece is still there for us, but all the good mangas are going to end in the next years: Haikyuu itself, Shokugeki no Soma is reaching its middle, I think, and The Promised Neverland will not last long at all... The rest is just a footnote in the magazine...
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Knb range was around 200~250k before the anime too.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
estimates

Kimetsu 5
**96570 (*38 days)(「65,822」・11764・8792・6227.5・3964.5)

Kimetsu 4
**58993.5 (*38 days)(「21,815」・18264・5896・4435・4587.5・3996)
Thats a 65% increase... holy shit.

HQ takes the cake for best chapter this week. Such an amazing chapter for its 5 anniversary.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hey, question to you Jump guys who know your stuff, but does anyone have a list of the successive editors for Bleach and when they served as editor for the series? Asking for a good friend.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Viz Have Black Clover And My hero Academia why would they even think about adding Kimetsu no Yaiba. The manga can't even sell 100k
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
For those who had doubts: Viz just confirmed it: we get two titles:
It's a brand new issue with brand new series! Joining the already epic lineup are WE NEVER LEARN and ROBOT x LASERBEAM! Can Nariyuki tutor two hopeless cases while keeping his sanity? Will Robo ever miss a shot? Find out in this week's issue

http://www.viz.com/shonenjump/digital/promo/5628
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm surprised they aren't going for Marie, personally I found the jump start pretty bad but it seemed like the second most popular online after dr stone. I guess it really is just Beel fans that like it and the legal readers don't care much for it.

Though I suppose there's always a chance of them doing 4 series, unlikely as it is.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm surprised they aren't going for Marie, personally I found the jump start pretty bad but it seemed like the second most popular online after dr stone. I guess it really is just Beel fans that like it and the legal readers don't care much for it.

Though I suppose there's always a chance of them doing 4 series, unlikely as it is.
VIZ is honoring the subscription we pay for them. I don't pay the subscription to read something like Hungry Marie.
Even Beelzebub fans should recognize that Hungry Marie is way bellow Beelzebub, which was not that great itself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To think that my prediction was off only with Poro... That's a pity, but I can survive with Dr. Stone, whatever.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Beelzebub wasn't that great? It's second only to Gintama in its genre.
Also, Hungry Marie is great. I guess people only want formulaic bullshit and hate fun.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Can you explain what's great about Hungry Marie? I fail to see what's so great about it. The humor isn't that great, the characters so far are unlikeable save for Marie, and it generally seems all over the place. Even the art isn't anything outstanding. This is coming from a fan of Beelzebub. None of the charm of Beelzebub is present in Hungry Marie. Also, just because something is unique and goes against the norm doesn't make it good. Don't assume people only like formulaic manga just because they don't like a certain mediocre "unique" manga.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
The olnly charm of Beel was Hilda legs. Marie is fine for a french princess but that Taiga is the MC and he is as averge Jump hero as naruto. An the comedy is for 5 year old kids. They are the main readers of jump but still.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Nothing happened in Marie's first chapter until the last few pages other than a Laputa reference then the next 2 just explained the basic premise. There wasn't much comedy, not much action, not much romance, and without those what is it even about? Beel sameface?

It suffers from the same problem as U19 in that it takes 4 chapters just to get a basic idea of what kind of series it's planning to be but even U19 at least had a theme to tie the lazy attempts at genres together with the adults are oppressing kids and the kids have to fight back! stuff. All Marie has is the gender flipping and while that might have been fine a decade or two ago it's not a novel thing any more, a series needs more than just 'he's a boy trapped in a girl's body XD' to be entertaining.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I guess you only want formulaic bullshit and hate fun.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which jump series had/has the best overall antagonist?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top