I have the same inking pen that the WNL artist is using in his last video. Wish I was able to jump right in to inks like that :/
practice practice practice
here's a funny story on a related note
remember in 2014 when Jump hold the oneshot competition for fans around the world? I actually competed in that
>procrastinate working on a manuscript "until I get a good idea"
>before I knew it the deadline turned from 3 months to 3 weeks left
>freak out as I realize there's no way I can draw that many pages in this short time
>to save time decide to submit a gag manuscript because it require less pages, although I never wrote a comedy in my life
>to save time, decide to shift to digital despite only working in traditional way before
>to save time, reused the same background I drew in earlier pages and spam it everywhere
>to save time, I inked everything in one go and never turned back, needless to say mistakes were made
>oneshot turns out like shit
>submitted it anyway
never heard from them back and I don't blame them
I don't regret any of it, I learned a lot and forced myself to learn working on tablet and painting app or at least navigate myself around it without embarrassing myself too bad
my biggest take away is I should focus on making a good pilot instead of writing an idea that set up a long running series
that was what everyone else doing
let's hope they do another competition again, they did a similar thing on a smaller scale last year (they only took submissions from USA, China, Korea)