- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
Everything doesn't HAVE to follow the manga 100% and I do agree that there be more liberties taken in anime. But even then there should be given breathing room between the manga and anime so the anime creators can have a good grasp on the source material and know how things play out.A good question I make about this is... Why is important to make room for the material? "Because it will be a good adaptation" And it will be a bad one if they work with not so much chapters? "Yes it will be bad" Will that save an awful manga? Will this transform an awful manga into a good series? If not, then stop caring about faithful adaptations, for God's sake. The fidelity is not important for everyone. It's just wish-fullfillment for the fans. And no, the main audience is not the established fans. nor it has to be. I'd rather have a good anime loose adaptation for new fans than a faithful adaptation but sucky anime for everyone.
I believe liberties should be made to improve upon the source material more, but it should still adapt everything in the manga.