Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does Neverland have the cover/lead color this week?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
by the way, Gintama was absent 8 weeks ago, which means Marie is in the bottom 3 for the second week on a row

wonder what will happen to it when its cushions inevitably get axed
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Kimetsu and Hero Academia above Black Clover :hearts:hearts:hearts
Why is Spring Weapon still so high though reeee
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
by the way, Gintama was absent 8 weeks ago, which means Marie is in the bottom 3 for the second week on a row

wonder what will happen to it when its cushions inevitably get axed
It'll be the next Spring Weapon :^)
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
by the way, Gintama was absent 8 weeks ago, which means Marie is in the bottom 3 for the second week on a row

wonder what will happen to it when its cushions inevitably get axed
I hope it's a Sket Dance scenario and it starts going up as I quite enjoy it, but it a shot in the dark.
It'll be the next Spring Weapon :^)
Except it will probably sell at least 4x what SW does because Tamura has a fanbase.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Wait, I didn't realize until I checked 4chan, but holy shit KIMETSU POPULARITY POLL!! That was sorta out of nowhere, wasn't expecting that at all. how long does it usually take for results to arrive?

Also thanks Mammo for the link to the one shot. Took me a while to realize that "Kuromori" and "chromoly" are the same word lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kimetsu and Hero Academia above Black Clover :hearts:hearts:hearts
Why is Spring Weapon still so high though reeee
Mangaka found more blackmail on Jump editors.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
My guess is Jump is trying to raise SW#1 sales before it could replace Isobee as the end of the magazine manga

Isobee author have released a oneshot recently and will release another I'm guessing he's preparing for his next work
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
You guys think RxL getting a color page instead of a first rank is a bad omen
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
RxL has been a good series so I don't think it will have the same fate as Hungry Marie, I'm delighted to see it in the bottom btw. XD
 

Support

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 2, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
9
Age
38
Country
United Kingdom
Loving that cover:

We shall break iron chains..
THROUGH SHEER WILLPOWER AND NOTHING ELSE
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
MHA at the top, that's what I like to see. Also, Kimetsu poll, awesome! Although, there aren't that many characters that stand out to me in that series. I'd vote for Inosuke.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
MHA at the top, that's what I like to see. Also, Kimetsu poll, awesome! Although, there aren't that many characters that stand out to me in that series. I'd vote for Inosuke.
Shinobu is pretty good, Water Pillar is cool and Lightning dude is pretty annoying but his the one who have most sense on the trio. I agree with Pig Assault tho.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It's weird having 3 popularity polls going on at one time. I think Kimetsu is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing out of the 3, I really have no idea who's popular in Japan and how the list will end up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
WNL had just a double chapter in Viz's bonus issue this week, I had thought they'd maybe go for 3 to catch up quicker but I guess that would've been a little bit much for an extra issue.

I think it'll take them 4 more double chapters to catch up, though next week will already be a bigger issue with Bort and their two SQ series so I'm guessing they'll space the double out a little (probably not catching up until ch 18 or 19).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Would Jump actually need to axe series to bring WT? Iirc they never axe anything to bring HxH back
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Would Jump actually need to axe series to bring WT? Iirc they never axe anything to bring HxH back
Probably not immediately, but they would have to adjust eventually if they see that World Trigger is actually back and will stay. Hunter x Hunter never stayed enough time to make them do this, I think.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know if people already posted this before but Demizu Posuka (the artist of The Promise of Neverland) is actually a woman. Most people assumed that it was a man but it's the other way around. That's interesting.

You can see that it's the same ideogram of her name in 1:50
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't know if people already posted this before but Demizu Posuka (the artist of The Promise of Neverland) is actually a woman. Most people assumed that it was a man but it's the other way around. That's interesting.

You can see that it's the same ideogram of her name in 1:50
Not sure about other western forum communities but this has been common knowlege here from the beginning because of her twitter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top