Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The two chapters published this week of "We Can't Learn" were pretty enjoyable, I think the series is developing well. Uruka learning English with swimming was good, it was a technique I learned as well, it easier to learn when you mix it with something you enjoy. After this, Ogata used that trick where she crossed the unnecessary phrases of the text. It is obvious for us that there are a lot of redundancy in language, but I honestly didn't know this trick. hahaha
It has been more interesting than I though it would be, I think the author is doing a great job despite being a series about studying, something that it is boring for the most part. XD
The development of the character is going well as well, but more than the relationship between boy and girl, it has a relationship between tutor and student so far.
That's why I have a hard time calling this a romance or a harem because it doesn't come across as either of those
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the declining sales has both to do with the rise of internet users (which means more people reading online) and the declining youth population (which means less consumers). It's been widely known for a while that Japan's average age has been increasing for a while.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure the declining sales has both to do with the rise of internet users (which means more people reading online) and the declining youth population (which means less consumers). It's been widely known for a while that Japan's average age has been increasing for a while.
I'm actually curious how Japan reacts & tries to fight its demographic problem. In germany we started to welcome more migrants to change the decline of population(of course, the refugee crisis wasnt in mind), but because of cultural differences, they dont even consider something like this. Does anyone know what Japan tries to stop the aging of its population?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That's not really a topic for this board but from what I remember reading they'll be loosening entry restrictions for skilled tradesmen, since that's where they need jobs the most right now (everyone wants either a stable office job or something easy with low hours and low stress these days, so construction and such are struggling to find enough people).

A lot of people are also expecting immigration restrictions to open up a lot in general after the 2020 Olympics but I don't know if there's any specific policies about it beyond the trades one.

I suppose this kind of stuff technically is relevant now thinking about it due to U19's political premise (though it won't be around for much longer).
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
How did KnY Vol. 6 do on first day sales? Were volumes 1-5 in the rankings too?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Too early. Maybe in 2-3 days when the daily sales update.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I actually liked the new Dr.Stone a lot. The villain is still Iffy, but the situation in this chapter actually had a little suspense, and I feel like we got a little more character from the female lead in this chapter. Looking forward to the next one
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If certain people cannot learn to stop posting unmarked spoilers in this thread, they are going to have to be made to stop posting in this thread period. As far as I'm concerned, this is the final warning.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
If certain people cannot learn to stop posting unmarked spoilers in this thread, they are going to have to be made to stop posting in this thread period. As far as I'm concerned, this is the final warning.
Me?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nah, you just happened to reply in between me seeing the original post and finishing the game I was playing so I could do something about that one, and it's just easier to delete any replies than try and edit them to make sense out of context or something.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
How long does it usually take for new series to get their first volume released? I always forget.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Tadahiro action scene in Yuragi reminds me of Ikkitousen. Also, I think the current arc will last for around another 6~7 chapters (to fill an entire volume 9~10 chapters total).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How long does it usually take for new series to get their first volume released? I always forget.
roughly 4 months.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
How would thou like to climb the One Piece tower?



Or would ye prefer the fields instead?


But seriously, One Piece just dominates the book stores.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Sometimes I forget just how huge One Piece is in Japan but then I remember that it has its own damn tower.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Advert Posters for WSJ / Jump SQ / Jump+ Series
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
カラダ探し is getting an anime so it is not the time to ask what it is about. What is it about? xD
A lasting manga in Jump+ must be something somewhat interesting...
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
カラダ探し is getting an anime so it is not the time to ask what it is about. What is it about? xD
A lasting manga in Jump+ must be something somewhat interesting...
Survival horror/mystery. It's based on a novel series so it's not like it's a Jump+ original, but it's still the top selling series on the site.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the top selling original manga on Plus is Harem of the End, it sells 100k

Karada Sagashi sells near Fire punch, Kiss x Death, Kanata no Astra which I labeled as Jump Plus 30k club
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh yeah I blocked that one out of my memory, my bad.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
the top selling original manga on Plus is Harem of the End, it sells 100k

Karada Sagashi sells near Fire punch, Kiss x Death, Kanata no Astra which I labeled as Jump Plus 30k club
Isnt there also that Flower (hana) something series that sells like 100k? I dont know the full name XD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top