Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
See how the silence was better than people talking about whatever subject here? Now they are again talking about video from people who don't deserve our attention. People are playing in their hands, talking about it and giving them views.
I mean, to be fair, No one really hates Super Eyepath Wolf.
Most people talking about the video say they like his content. Just not this video and pointing the mistakes in the video. So it's more like constructive criticisms than anything.

It's not like with Forneverworld and James Hayson where they're almost seen as a joke.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I mean, to be fair, No one really hates Super Eyepath Wolf.
Most people talking about the video say they like his content. Just not this video and pointing the mistakes in the video. So it's more like constructive criticisms than anything.

It's not like with Forneverworld and James Hayson where they're almost seen as a joke.
Speak for yourself. I hate his videos.

They're all a bunch of bozos, it's just that Super Eyepatch Cunt is a lesser one than Forneverworld/Jaymes. His video is still lazy with little research and quit glorifying his content. It's nothing special.

His "Why you should watch" videos are very stupid and he also picks mainstream series. Why not pick an obscure title? Anyway, I don't see why anyone would want to sit through like a 25+ minute video of why they should get into a series when they could've just skimmed through some reviews and read like the first few chapters by then. (if it's an anime then they could've literally watched the first episode by then)

Idk he comes off as trying too hard at being analytical in his videos. He's annoying. At least with Forneverworld/Jaymes they're literally a joke...
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
So from:
  • Total OP sale dropped since 2010
  • Couple old, established series ended in 2016
  • 6 new series started recently
he somehow came to the conclusion that "JUMP is purposely ending old series in order to find new series that sell even bigger"? How do you not think that new series are in response of the old series ending, not the other way around.
It's pretty funny even if we consider his ignorance about Strong World bump.
I don't think that's what he was trying to say. I might be mistaken, but I think he was trying to say that Jump is looking for fresh new series to make the magazine itself sell, not just volume sales. Obviously any new developments in the previously running series weren't boosting magazine sales at all, so they want to try serializing new series that might boost the sales of the magazine.
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
I don't think that's what he was trying to say. I might be mistaken, but I think he was trying to say that Jump is looking for fresh new series to make the magazine itself sell, not just volume sales. Obviously any new developments in the previously running series weren't boosting magazine sales at all, so they want to try serializing new series that might boost the sales of the magazine.
Something that Jump have been doing since the beginning of their existent. Shocking news there. *gasp*
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Speak for yourself. I hate his videos.

They're all a bunch of bozos, it's just that Super Eyepatch Cunt is a lesser one than Forneverworld/Jaymes. His video is still lazy with little research and quit glorifying his content. It's nothing special.

His "Why you should watch" videos are very stupid and he also picks mainstream series. Why not pick an obscure title? Anyway, I don't see why anyone would want to sit through like a 25+ minute video of why they should get into a series when they could've just skimmed through some reviews and read like the first few chapters by then. (if it's an anime then they could've literally watched the first episode by then)

Idk he comes off as trying too hard at being analytical in his videos. He's annoying. At least with Forneverworld/Jaymes they're literally a joke...
Which anime youtuber would you say is the best out the ones that cover/covered Jump series?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People forgetting that Jump is a fucking business and they don't buy a pin without having money in mind. Just a normal day in Jump discussions. XD
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
I dont hate Super eyepatch.

But i think his content is nothing special and hes starting to be overrated.

I notice whenever he makes a new video theres a thread about them on Neogaf, Reddit and Gamefaq.
This seemed to have been happening since he released that Bleach video(which has 1 million views, and the first thing u see when u search up bleach on YT)

He hit gold with that bleach video. Cause now he got a little bunch of stans who love whatever he says
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Which anime youtuber would you say is the best out the ones that cover/covered Jump series?
If you're looking for one that has the mindset of someone who would frequent here, or any similar place, then I can't think of one. I don't expect them to know much, because not everyone follows the magazine as closely, but it'd be cool to be able to watch someone who is in fact familiar with the magazine in that way.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Which anime youtuber would you say is the best out the ones that cover/covered Jump series?
I can't think of much. For anime in general, definitely TheCanipaEffect. I like his animator/studio spot-light segments. One of my fav. is one where he shot down the whole Unlimited Budget meme for the Fate series

He puts quite a lot of research into his videos. Or a more relevant video....
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The Weekly Manga Recap guys seem like they've got pretty good knowledge of Jump from what I've watched, though they're a podcast rather than the proper youtubers most people are probably looking for.

The problem is probably just that there's not enough of an audience for it. Manga as a medium tends to be something people get into a bit later from what I've seen (especially for stuff that doesn't have massively popular anime adaptations), and even within that the people who know and care about the in-depth workings of WSJ is pretty small. Mix that with the youtube audience leaning to the younger side in general and you're left with very little potential viewership.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
If I never found this forum a few years ago, I probably wouldn't know how to tell a series is going to get axed, let alone when the more intricate details
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
If I never found this forum a few years ago, I probably wouldn't know how to tell a series is going to get axed, let alone when the more intricate details
I started on Narutoforums, then toyed with Arlong Park, then came here when I realized everything from there regarding WSJ was parroted or taken frome here.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Yakusoku no Neverland: 3 volumes: 700,000


It went up another 200k from its last announcement of 500k total at the beginning of April.
The rest of the advertisement:


 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
^ I pointed out couple days ago that posuka said there is an emergency reprint, but she doesn't specify the amount. Good to know.

Also, i honestly thought Yaiba only has 600k in print as of volume 6, also good to know that itbis 400k better than i though.

So

Neverland 3 volumes: 700,000
Yuragi 5 volumes: 1, 000, 000
Yaiba 6 volumes: 1, 000, 000
 
Last edited:

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Wow, it's nice to see how much Kimetsu has grown, especially given the humble beginnings it came from. Honestly, early on it seemed like something that would have been axed 12 chapters in given the questionable art and average start, but I'm glad it was given the time to grow into what it is now. I didn't expect an advertisement that big. Could anyone translate what the panels say?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kimetsu no Yaiba is in my plans for the future, but my queue is long right now... I think it's the only manga I consider picking up right now from those I still don't read.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
With this, 3 of the 4 New order series (Black Clover, Yuragi, Samon and Kimetsu) have hit at least 1 million copies in print.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top