Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
August 4th Volume Releases
One Piece #86
Haikyuu!! #27
Black Clover #12
Samon the Summoner #10
Kimetsu no Yaiba #7
U19 #2
Demon Prince Poro's Diaries #2
We Never Learn #2
Vigilante -My Hero Academia Illegals- #2

Jump+

Karada Sagashi #14
Boys Over Flowers Season 2 #7
Fire Punch #6
Astra Lost in Space #4
Makui no Rease #3
Akuma no Memumemu-chan #3
Blue Flag #2
Who Killed the Sage? #2
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo #1
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai #1
Hinmin Choujin Kanenashi-kun #1
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can't it be possible to do this discussion here? Because in that Jump SQ thread, there's little audience, and here at least you got more people to discuss the topic
The audience here is basically the same as there, the distance is two clicks. It doesn't harm to pass through the other threads to see what's going on in the other magazines. I do it every day, even for magazines I don't read a single series, mostly because I cannot see something bold without clicking it, but it is another story. hahaha
In short, Jump SQ needs some love. <3

Anyways, back to Jump...
Looking forward to see "We Never Learn" first volume cover. I think I will buy it digitally, it is about school and study so it may have some useful vocabulary.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Shounen Jump Issue 24:
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Cover, Lead CP)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Dr. Stone
Spring Weapon Number One (CP)
Boku no Hero Academia
Hinomaru Zumou
Black Clover
Robot×Laserbeam (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shokugeki no Souma
Gintama
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Harapeko no Marie
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
U19
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 25:
Cover, Lead CP: Saiki Kusuo no Sainan (5th Anniversary)
CP: Haikyuu!!, Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, Watashi no Cherry☆Boyfriend (One Shot by Tsukazawa Sanzoo)

Also, My Hero Academia S2 was not present again on the TV animation ranking. Threshold was 3.1.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hopefully HQs twins will be in colour next issue!!!!1
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr. Stone top 3, fuck yeah!
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Guess there's no saving Hungry Marie now. Cool for Dr.Stone though
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
At least Hungry Marie is doomed, it would be the worst if it survived.
Currently looking for the reason for so high position from Dr. Stone.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
> Yuragi and Kimetsu start one issue apart
> Kimetsu has a cover.
> Kimetsu has 1 more volume than Yuragi

Being a ghost is tough I suppose.

:feelsbadman
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
By how low MHA is I'm going to assume that people don't really care much for the beginning of the arc.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At least Hungry Marie is doomed, it would be the worst if it survived.
Currently looking for the reason for so high position from Dr. Stone.
The chapter thats being ranked for Dr. Stone is the one that
Tsukasa was revived in and killed the lions
I don't really like Dr. Stone but I can understand why it's ranked so high though in my opinion the chapters after this one will slowly get lower rankings and stay around upper middle rankings
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
By how low MHA is I'm going to assume that people don't really care much for the beginning of the arc.
It is in 4th, it is not low at all. XD

It's a good series.
Sure.

The chapter thats being ranked for Dr. Stone is the one that
Tsukasa was revived in and killed the lions
I don't really like Dr. Stone but I can understand why it's ranked so high though in my opinion the chapters after this one will slowly get lower rankings and stay around upper middle rankings
Yeah, I think this chapter was the best in the series so far, I even though it had hope, but it got worse since then, so I hope for lower rankings as well.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
What are some of the best examples of comedy manga in the magazine then?

Gintama is praised a lot but what else? I still have to finish watching bobobobo. I feel Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi will be a great comedy series but I'll wait till it's fully translated.
Saiki is the best currently no doubt (cant talk for Isobe). Ive found Samon freaking hilarious as well, although it doesnt seem to be as universally liked. Obviously Beelzebub is up there, as its Sket Dance, Dr Slump. Takeshi has certainly been very funny the first 8 chapters.

About TOC:
Am honestly shocked to see Dr Stone so high. But I guess at ch3 it was still kind of fresh. I didnt start feeling bored until around 5 i guess, so it will be interesting. I expect it to fall somewhat.

Yayy for Saiki cover!! At least it shows it they still consider it relevent enough. But yeesh, so many anniversary covers in Spring...

And BC is actually out of the top 5 for once.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I honestly don't get why Dr. Stone is so well received. It has good art? Outside of that, I don't see the appeal. I think it's a mess, but whatever.

Saiki cover and Yuuna colour page, that's what I like to see. Looking forward to seeing the Kimetsu cover.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dr. Stone is entertaining enough. I'm mostly just waiting till the Tsukasa arc is done to see where it goes because I find him unlikable.
 

Lortastic

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
293
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hunter is coming back?

Colour me excited! (and already disappointed because it will probably be gone after 3 chapters)

Edit: no skully emoji
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Haikyuu in first, Zumou ranked 5th and above Black Clover :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts
Looking forward to the Kimetsu cover. The 2nd cover was a great improvement over the first one. Hopefully it shows the main trio on the cover.
That reminds me, when can we expect to see the results of the popularity poll for Kimetsu and Black Clover? I'm getting anxious, my dudes.

Hunter is coming back?

Colour me excited! (and already disappointed because it will probably be gone after 3 chapters)
Just the new volume is confirmed, we're not really sure if he's coming back to do more chapters or not. Unless this situation happened the last time he returned?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I honestly don't get why Dr. Stone is so well received. It has good art? Outside of that, I don't see the appeal. I think it's a mess, but whatever.
Because people have different types opinions than you
 

Lortastic

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
293
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Haikyuu in first, Zumou ranked 5th and above Black Clover :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts
Looking forward to the Kimetsu cover. The 2nd cover was a great improvement over the first one. Hopefully it shows the main trio on the cover.
That reminds me, when can we expect to see the results of the popularity poll for Kimetsu and Black Clover? I'm getting anxious, my dudes.


Just the new volume is confirmed, we're not really sure if he's coming back to do more chapters or not. Unless this situation happened the last time he returned?
I genuinely won't be surprised if he comes back to do one chapter to finish the volume off before disappearing for another year or two. Unless they plan on making the volume release shorter than it is? If I recall correctly, Volume 34 is one or two chapters short from being a finished volume.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:derp Color page in Yuuna =
the wedding chapter!!!

hypepu :hee:3c
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top