Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Jolyne is no.1
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Please don't assume Giorno gender. You dont know how he feel.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Whoops, I forgot about female Gintoki, the true best girl of WSJ.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Gender bending is funny
 

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
@Leoat12 Erina is the main reason I follow Souma XD I like Chitoge and she was a good mc to counter Raku but her gorilla act started to get frustrating. Tsugumi is more of my type.

My current favorite girl in Jump is Momo but I'm worried about her. Do you guys think Hori made her too perfect? Her only fault is her inferiority complex to Todoroki :3. Once she gets fully over that will she simply regress? Where can she go anywhere but down? Ochako's path is concerning but she's currently getting her much deserved screen time in the current arc.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Uraraka's path is a little weird at the moment. I don't have a problem with how she feels towards Izuku, and how it's complicating things. I just thought Horikoshi could have done a better job at implementing it during the License arc. It got a bit annoying towards the end. I think her feelings for him are at least deserved though. It doesn't feel cheap to me.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My current favorite girl in Jump is Momo but I'm worried about her. Do you guys think Hori made her too perfect? Her only fault is her inferiority complex to Todoroki :3. Once she gets fully over that will she simply regress? Where can she go anywhere but down? Ochako's path is concerning but she's currently getting her much deserved screen time in the current arc.
I'm under the impression that her inferiority complex resolved itself during the student vs. teacher exam arc, so unless Horikoshi has plans for her that will involve her working with Deku in my opinion she's reached the end of her development within the series.

Uraraka's path is a little weird at the moment. I don't have a problem with how she feels towards Izuku, and how it's complicating things. I just thought Horikoshi could have done a better job at implementing it during the License arc. It got a bit annoying towards the end. I think her feelings for him are at least deserved though. It doesn't feel cheap to me.
Personally I think Uraraka's existential crisis she's having about her feelings towards Deku should be way more downplayed then it currently has been, I'm not saying it's not deserved, but to me its detracting from her character to an extent with how prevalent it has become lately.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hm, my favourite female character in WSJ? Difficult.
In a currently still running manga, I would say... Noelle, she is one of the strengths of Black Clover, besides Yami, one of the best characters & even with her love for Asta(for what reason what so ever) she has still her own conflicts & motivations and is just a very entertaining character. Actually, she deserves more to be the protagonist than Asta.
Shinobu from Kimetsu no Yaiba. Love her design(butterfly pattern-jacket) and she's quite interesting so far.
Nasu & Kumagai from World Trigger. Great duo & I love their interactions with each other(also my OTP) & are pretty good fighters.
Tsuyu & Jirou. Actually, I prefer Tsuyu, but her lack of screen time let if feel like cheating to me. Jirou is a cool girl with a nice quirk. Uraraka did, besides her fight against Bakugou in the tournament, not enough in the manga that I could say that I like her.

Female characters in the past?
I've mentioned Rukia(Bleach) once in the debate before, so yeah, I liked her.
And of course, Jolyne, because duh. Favourite JoJo all the way.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think we've hit the 80 post mark of this sexism discussion now.

In an attempt to twist it into something a bit more positive, who are everyone's favourite WSJ female characters? From the current line-up mine would be either Noelle, Nezuko, or Tadokoro (now if only she could get some time in the spotlight again) but I have no clue about an all time top. Just counting romance series it would probably be Nishino from Ichigo 100% but the whole magazine is a lot harder to pick from.
Now: Tsuyu, Momo, Ochaco, Jirou, Mina, Mei, Ibara, Itsuka, Bubble Girl, Basically all hero academia girls, Kagura, Rebecca (One Piece), Yaya, Ikumi
Past: Rangiku, Medaka, Lala, Shizuku (HxH), Hana (Oumagadoki Zoo), Team Hanagumi (Shaman King), Road Kamelot, Anzu, Haru and Kyoko and Chrome and Adult Ipin and Uni and Suzuki because Its hard to choose one Girl from Reborn!.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Leoat12 Erina is the main reason I follow Souma XD I like Chitoge and she was a good mc to counter Raku but her gorilla act started to get frustrating. Tsugumi is more of my type.

My current favorite girl in Jump is Momo but I'm worried about her. Do you guys think Hori made her too perfect? Her only fault is her inferiority complex to Todoroki :3. Once she gets fully over that will she simply regress? Where can she go anywhere but down? Ochako's path is concerning but she's currently getting her much deserved screen time in the current arc.
Momo is good Waifu material, I don't think she has a inferiority complex she is too smart for that.:cheez
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Momo doesn't have enough screen time to judge anything, really... My Hero Academia will have the big cast problem and it will be more frustrating than Naruto because it has so many interesting characters with interesting quirks.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Wasn't it outright stated by Aizawa in the End of Term Test arc that Momo has an inferiority complex with Todoroki? I'm pretty sure that was the whole reason for her being paired with him.
To quote the fan translation:
She keeps comparing herself to Todoroki and has decided that he's a head above her. For better or worse, she's been watching Todoroki, who always seems so self-assured... and has become unable to muster any confidence in her own thoughts...
I'm not getting too deep into this though, this isn't the MHA thread.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Bones is seriously doing an incredible job adapting this story arc. from the animation to the soundtrack. And despite the 2 chapters per episode pace, it still feel really well paced
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know about the 2 chapter pace... I'm starting to feel that we won't have Stain.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't know about the 2 chapter pace... I'm starting to feel that we won't have Stain.
Why? If we go by the 2 chapter pacing, the anime will end around chapter 70. Which is past Stain.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
The episode was alright. I didn't really like Deku vs. Shinso in the manga so I wasn't expecting much out of it.

But holy shit the Sero vs. Todoroki was fucking great even though it lasted like 30 seconds. Sero's opening attack looked cool as hell, I almost wanted him to win even though I already knew the outcome. I rewatched that part a couple of times because it was awesome how he went from calmly stretching to attack mode right when the round started. Got my blood pumping.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Is it confirmed for 2 cour? I've thought since s1 finished that ch 70 would be a great end point for s2 going at 2 ch per ep the whole way but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed to be 2 cour yet (I suppose you don't really get 1 cour shows in its current timeslot though).
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is it confirmed for 2 cour? I've thought since s1 finished that ch 70 would be a great end point for s2 going at 2 ch per ep the whole way but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed to be 2 cour yet (I suppose you don't really get 1 cour shows in its current timeslot though).
There's no confirmation, except this info:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top