Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please let Killua be in all the chapters, screw kurapika.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't really like simple covers as much as others since more often than not they don't do a good job of convey what's in the volume or wasting it on a boring character (Bleach was especially guilty of this by wasting the second to last cover on Renji a character who doesn't even do anything during that volume) which doesn't mean that they're aren't exceptions to the rule like the AssClass covers are very unique solely for their simplicity and that they don't give away what the particular volume is about until the very last one. A mark of a good volume cover is when you can acknowledge it without actually knowing what the series is about because it does a great job at selling it to you, case in point Death Note has among the best volume covers in all of manga because each one of them are a work of art that symbolically showcases what you're in for in every volume even if its technically false advertising since you never see Light hold a scythe:3c

On the subject of HxH I like how every volume is all over the place depending on Togashi's mood and not necessarily on the theme of the volume, you can get some incredibly lazily done chibi art to a realistic close up Komugi's face playing Gungi, much like the series itself you never know what to expect.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
How would you guys feel if Togashi did 10 chapters( 1 volume) a year because I have a feeling that Shueisha and Togashi have finally put down a schedule in this manner.
I personally gave up but I respect the people who are very patient and still read the manga. Hopefully when I am 45( no joke) the manga will be done so I can have closure.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
So, new serialization round? HxH plus 1 or 2 new series.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm going to speculate that Togashi may only be back long enough for him to make enough chapters to fill a volume or two then go back on hiatus.

So, new serialization round? HxH plus 1 or 2 new series.
Honestly I'd be fine if they skipped a serialization round or two the last one was so large coupled with how many are kind of meh, that I think that they should hold off starting any new ones for a while. Cycling through so many below average series will start turning off readers in my opinion.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I guess we know when U19 is probably ending then, that'd put it at 18-20 chapters if there's a batch of 2 or 3 series alongside it which is enough to fit in 3 volumes (assuming they include oneshots to fill the volumes a bit more like with Amalgam).
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Hopefully World Trigger's glorius return.
I think he will return in fall, if he return and not go to Jump SQ.

I'm going to speculate that Togashi may only be back long enough for him to make enough chapters to fill a volume or two then go back on hiatus.

Honestly I'd be fine if they skipped a serialization round or two the last one was so large coupled with how many are kind of meh, that I think that they should hold off starting any new ones for a while. Cycling through so many below average series will start turning off readers in my opinion.
U19 and poro are out , they need to fill the second space.
Boku tachi's will be a unknown until the first volume sales , Zumou and spring would be ending soon(but not to soon) and Hungry I think they will wait to the volume release.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Honestly I'd be fine if they skipped a serialization round or two the last one was so large coupled with how many are kind of meh, that I think that they should hold off starting any new ones for a while. Cycling through so many below average series will start turning off readers in my opinion.
I think it's the other way around. If they keep these mediocre series for too long, readers will start getting bored. They need to get rid of the manga that are pretty much dead in the water (U19, Poro, Marie) in order to bring in fresh new manga.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Hunger x Hunger is back!!
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I would not celebrate so soon:

 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Lol at togashi. I wonder why people still care for the manga. Jump shoud just axe it or move it to Giga.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Obviously because its storytelling is believe to be above and beyond most other Jump manga. There's also the fact that it's a million volume seller.
 

lolman

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
97
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Togashi delivered the annual batch of chapters to Shueisha, then of course the HxH will be on hiatus again when the batch ends. I wonder if certain ppl would accept it better if HxH was monthly like Boruto. People would still complain about a few pages a month, but they wouldn't complain about the hiatus anymore kkk.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Dude Bha is way better is storytelling than HxH. Just cos some nerds online tell you HxH is great it dosent mean it is. Really its on black clover level. Of course fanboys wont see it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Dude Bha is way better is storytelling than HxH. Just cos some nerds online tell you HxH is great it dosent mean it is. Really its on black clover level. Of course fanboys wont see it.
I for one think that HxH has many great aspects. I don't see why you're so bothered about it going on and off Hiatus though.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At this point I'm honestly more excited for World Trigger's return than HxH mainly because its obvious that Togashi is just filling his volume quota than being motivated to continue on with the story again.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
At this point I'm honestly more excited for World Trigger's return than HxH mainly because its obvious that Togashi is just filling his volume quota than being motivated to continue on with the story again.
Agree, also it woull be hillarious if World trigger go to his "dark continent " before HxH.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top