Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yep just like other recent adaptations by Pierrot Twin Star Exorcists and ēlDLIVE. I heard people love how they handled Kingdom and Tokyo Ghoul too. :3c
Weird. Boruto, their most recent adapation you don't mention? Why?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Because it's better than the poorly developed trash you call "the Boruto manga". 3 volumes in, and it seems to go nowhere.
It doesn't matter, it's still made by Pierrot. AND with fillers (since they are not present on the manga so far) And so... Pretty much you're acknowledging a Pierrot adapation right? Based on that, why Black Clover can't be as good as it? Because you guys simply don't want it? Based, again, on your pure hate for the series and no other argument?

And I so mean it... BC is on the top 30 list of most sold manga of Japan for this year's first half. AND it's a big deal. Why? It has no ANIME WHATSOEVER to help promoting it. AND it is THE ONLY Shounen manga (adventure, battle, fantasy, wtv) that don't have it and it is on this list. You can check all the others, they ALL have/had an anime adapation. (Obviously I'm not counting the josei/romance and comedy-only ones)

Get yourself out of this one now without using only your opinion. I dare you. I double dare you, sir.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Do you wanna see the Stands?
Mixed on this. There is some really good visual stuff in this trailer. Particularly when Josuke beats up the thugs and walks past camera to reveal their wounds are healed. The Stands look... okay. The effects for Angelo's stand look a little wonky, but Crazy Diamond looked better than I thought it would in the trailer. There is something about the tone though that I'm just not feeling is JoJo so far.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Speaking of Boruto, it was some shitstorm on Facebook today regarding Sarada's clothes and mannerisms. I have no idea why Ikemoto is making Sarada look like a straight hoe... so serious. While it's not hard to ignore it, it's disturbing when you look at it, especially from today's chapter. I don't get Japan sometimes.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought it was just me. I don't read Boruto anymore, but skimmed yesterday's chapter and t=it was weirdly sexualizing Sarada. Even Sakura didn't get that much or any that I can remember.
 

Lortastic

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
54
Reaction score
293
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
^ Her clothes in the latest chapter are fine. You are indoors, by yourself, in the comfort of your own, private room. You can wear whatever the hell you want. I think it's just the art style and colouring that makes Sarada look so gross, especially on the cover volume 3.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The funny thing is I get the appeal of lolis and stuff, may be unpopular to admit but it's been some attractive ones I've seen so it's not like I don't understand the sexualization of girls of any age. But man I just can't help but cringe when I see her, the anime depicts her much better. Kishi is the editor of Boruto too so he approves of this... along with the actual current story the manga is truly terrible.

@Lortastic oh yeah those are fine, it's indoors, wear what you want. But her ninja gear, I don't get why she's more sexualized than what we've seen from the movie or the anime.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought she is dressing how most people dress these days in the western world.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Ikemoto is just meh. His pencil sketch-style art is alright aside from the potato faces, but his ink panels are appalling. His lines are all wonky messy. He's clearly drawing digitally, so maybe that's why.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I honestly see nothing wrong with Ikemoto's Art. His inking even looks okay to me.
It's just very different for the franchise. Honestly I feel like if he was working on his own brand new series for the magazine I don't think he'd have much criticism towards his art
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
ToC when
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Well it's a bit obvious, yeah. It's between U19 and Poro. Doesn't matter if one doesn't get axed this week, because they'll be axed next week anyway. I'm still kinda shocked that Samon is gone honestly. I guess I just got used to it being around.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
U19, Poro are gone. Stone and WNL seems like two that will stay for at least 4-5 volumes.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
as long as BLack Clover is number 1 Im happy

Oh and that Shuudan is so incredibly good.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
U19, Poro are gone. Stone and WNL seems like two that will stay for at least 4-5 volumes.
Also something to keep in mind is that WNL is set up to be a short series since the manga is already set in the characters third year, so unless Dr. Stone majorly tanks in the next few weeks it may out live WNL if it's allowed to run until it's finished where the author wants to end it.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
I'm still holding out hope that U19 makes it to 19 chapters. It really managed to turn itself around. Just 3 more weeks.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Also something to keep in mind is that WNL is set up to be a short series since the manga is already set in the characters third year, so unless Dr. Stone majorly tanks in the next few weeks it may out live WNL if it's allowed to run until it's finished where the author wants to end it.
I don't think that necessarily means it's set up to be short. I mean obviously it won't last like 6 or 7 years. But the author could really drag on that one year. Like, it's crazy to me that part one of One Piece is like 60 volumes, but for the characters in the story only about 6 months had passed since chapter one to the timeskip.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top