Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Many people doubted, but I never doubted. Welcome back, best anime from Jump series save for Haikyuu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yep, it's really good. Ruka is clearly being the favorite here lol But I would like to see more of Fumino in the future chapters.. not in necessarily with romance.
After this two chapters I think that Furuhashi will be more like a shipper for those two, but I don't know, we never know....
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
MHA did something interesting I've always been fond of since GTA days. Introducing mafias, capos, bosses of gangs. Not only do we have Overhaul's set whom were given a dream by him, that they accepted and follow him in order to achieve a purpose in life, but we have now other individuals brought in his set by other means, such as recruitment or through other drug lords. The precepts are much more organized than the villain alliance; the latter seem to go with the flow with all their movements.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Aren't the outsiders and the people who were given purpose by Chisaki one in the same? The other set are the Yakuza who followed the previous boss, and are now too afraid of Chisaki to go against him, despite how much he's changing the Yakuza's actions.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
That's what I asked demonspeed lol but I understood it the same that those two with their quirks not on file were brought under the previous Yakuza boss. Although they're all precepts, they don't abide to Overhaul for what you said, afraid to oppose him. So the precepts aren't all super buddy-buddy like how Chrono and Mimic are directly Overhaul's underlings but they seem more tight-knit than the villain alliance.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wrong thread for this discussion, guys.
side note the hell has even been going on since I stopped reading MHA I have no idea what anyone is talking about
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Lol, I doubt Souma is ending any time soon. Especially with this anime, and possible future arcs teased.
I doubt it's NOT ending haha. A 3rd season to animate the worst arc so far at this time is bad news. It will be too close to the current arc and it can make the manga sales actually go down instead of up.

I have no expectation for souma anymore.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
It's kinda hilarious how Yuragi got its first cover on its 69th chapter. inb4 it gets an anime announcement on its 96th chapter.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's kinda hilarious how Yuragi got its first cover on its 69th chapter. inb4 it gets an anime announcement on its 96th chapter.
Now I want this to happen HAHA!
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Maybe I'll give Souma another go. I watched the first few episodes when it first came out. Thought it was okay, but I got distracted. Same happened with Haikyu and I ended up really liking it when I got back to it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I doubt it's NOT ending haha. A 3rd season to animate the worst arc so far at this time is bad news. It will be too close to the current arc and it can make the manga sales actually go down instead of up.

I have no expectation for souma anymore.
I don't even know why I take your baits anymore, but let's see...
There is no reason at all to end Shokugeki no Soma after this arc, it is the opposite, the sales are good and the ranking is also good most of the time. I don't even have to talk plot-wise. Talking about the anime, I don't know what you are talking about since we have 10 whole volumes + a bunch of still not collected in volume chapters separating the end of the second season of the current chapter. We have the Moon Banquet Festival Arc before Central arc, which was great. This arc occupies 3 volumes and can last a half-dozen of anime episodes or more. Then we have Central arc, which had some good duels and a lot of additions to the plot. I don't focus on the general complain that Azami is a bad villain and instead I enjoy what is happening in the story despite that. This arc can lead to more 10 episodes or so, they can even finish the season before the Hokkaido arc given the amount of material they already have in these two first arcs. I think it will not be possible to comprise these two arcs, plus the Hokkaido arc in a season of 25 episodes and we don't even know whether we are going to have a 25 episodes (I think it is probable, but we never know). Therefore, they are really fine with the amount of material, it is not even close.
This argument that the manga sales will fall with the anime is the most ridiculous I've ever heard. People who are buying the manga right now already know what will happen in the anime and if they didn't give up of the manga then, they are not going to give up now.

Great, if you don't expect anything from the series, I suggest you to keep quiet and go read Dr. Stone.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I haven't been here for long, but I've already become friends with the ignore feature this website has. That aside, I'm very surprised to hear that this was the first Cover Yuragi got.
technically it's its 2nd cover but nobody counts the debut cover so it's the first cover after its debut cover.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Maybe I'll give Souma another go. I watched the first few episodes when it first came out. Thought it was okay, but I got distracted. Same happened with Haikyu and I ended up really liking it when I got back to it.
Season 1 is good but season 2 wasnt handled as well. As for the manga, the shokugeki get redundant pretty quick later on and just abuses fan-service as shock value.

If you want a better food series read Toriko. It eclipses SnS in food reactions...and it ends up being a great pay off most of the time.

That's just my opinion on SnS. There's a lot of better alternatives IMO.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't even know why I take your baits anymore, but let's see...
There is no reason at all to end Shokugeki no Soma after this arc, it is the opposite, the sales are good and the ranking is also good most of the time. I don't even have to talk plot-wise. Talking about the anime, I don't know what you are talking about since we have 10 whole volumes + a bunch of still not collected in volume chapters separating the end of the second season of the current chapter. We have the Moon Banquet Festival Arc before Central arc, which was great. This arc occupies 3 volumes and can last a half-dozen of anime episodes or more. Then we have Central arc, which had some good duels and a lot of additions to the plot. I don't focus on the general complain that Azami is a bad villain and instead I enjoy what is happening in the story despite that. This arc can lead to more 10 episodes or so, they can even finish the season before the Hokkaido arc given the amount of material they already have in these two first arcs. I think it will not be possible to comprise these two arcs, plus the Hokkaido arc in a season of 25 episodes and we don't even know whether we are going to have a 25 episodes (I think it is probable, but we never know). Therefore, they are really fine with the amount of material, it is not even close.
This argument that the manga sales will fall with the anime is the most ridiculous I've ever heard. People who are buying the manga right now already know what will happen in the anime and if they didn't give up of the manga then, they are not going to give up now.

Great, if you don't expect anything from the series, I suggest you to keep quiet and go read Dr. Stone.
How is it probable that it'll be 2 cour? Season 2 was 1 cour and they could've made it 2 cour but season 1 didn't sell so well. With season 2's abysmal sales and seeing that season 3 is coming by very quick, it'll be short run.

Haikyuus season 3 was like 10 episodes. Perhaps SnS may get the same treatment. Although the difference between Haikyuus anime success and SnS anime success is huge.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How is it probable that it'll be 2 cour? Season 2 was 1 cour and they could've made it 2 cour but season 1 didn't sell so well. With season 2's abysmal sales and seeing that season 3 is coming by very quick, it'll be short run.

Haikyuus season 3 was like 10 episodes. Perhaps SnS may get the same treatment. Although the difference between Haikyuus anime success and SnS anime success is huge.
You do know that their intention in the second season was clearly to adapt only the rest of the Autumn Election, right?
Abysmal or not, they are doing a third season and it proves that it was a success somehow, otherwise they wouldn't do a third season just to waste their money, few animes even reach second season, even more a third season. And you are very mistaken when you say that it came fast because the period between first and second season was also one year, it was Fall 2015, Fall 2016 and then Fall 2017 now. And we have to adapt to our day and age and see that DVD/DB are not all, we have a lot of people watching by streaming (I see a lot of guys watching animes from Nico Nico on Twitter nowadays) and there are international streaming rights, and there is no question that Shokugeki was a success at this side of the Atlantic.

You are also mistaken about Haikyuu because this is even more obvious than Shokugeki because the third season had the title "Karasuno VS. Shiratorizawa", it was made to adapt that match, ONLY, that's why it has 10 episodes.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Season 1 is good but season 2 wasnt handled as well. As for the manga, the shokugeki get redundant pretty quick later on and just abuses fan-service as shock value.

If you want a better food series read Toriko. It eclipses SnS in food reactions...and it ends up being a great pay off most of the time.

That's just my opinion on SnS. There's a lot of better alternatives IMO.
Other (much better alternatives):
-Bambino! And its sequel, Secondo
-Chef of Nobunaga
-Yakitate! Japan
-Addicted to Curry (Soma is hardly the first ecchi cooking manga).
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
You do know that their intention in the second season was clearly to adapt only the rest of the Autumn Election, right?
Abysmal or not, they are doing a third season and it proves that it was a success somehow, otherwise they wouldn't do a third season just to waste their money, few animes even reach second season, even more a third season. And you are very mistaken when you say that it came fast because the period between first and second season was also one year, it was Fall 2015, Fall 2016 and then Fall 2017 now. And we have to adapt to our day and age and see that DVD/DB are not all, we have a lot of people watching by streaming (I see a lot of guys watching animes from Nico Nico on Twitter nowadays) and there are international streaming rights, and there is no question that Shokugeki was a success at this side of the Atlantic.

You are also mistaken about Haikyuu because this is even more obvious than Shokugeki because the third season had the title "Karasuno VS. Shiratorizawa", it was made to adapt that match, ONLY, that's why it has 10 episodes.
You know there´s another method to end S3 of Soma in 20+ episodes? It´s called "the author can give the plot points of the rest of the current arc to the production team and they animate that. Cuz at the end of the day, it will be the same as the manga, but it´ll be cool to see it in animation first to not let anime-only viewers crazy and dissapointed with a stupid cliffhanger". I´d love this is done more often. And don´t mention me Akame Ga Kill because the manga is a TOTAL SHIT TO BEGIN WITH so anime-only viewers don´t need to read the whole thing.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
You know there´s another method to end S3 of Soma in 20+ episodes? It´s called "the author can give the plot points of the rest of the current arc to the production team and they animate that. Cuz at the end of the day, it will be the same as the manga, but it´ll be cool to see it in animation first to not let anime-only viewers crazy and disappointing with a stupid cliffhanger". I´d love this is done more often. And don´t mention me Akame Ga Kill because the manga is a TOTAL SHIT TO BEGIN WITH so anime-only viewers don´t need to read the whole thing.
Bruh you know it is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier to look at a reference (manga panels) and animate from that, rather than create everything from scratch?
2nd point, Jump anime is make to promote the manga. So cliffhanger is done on purpose so anime viewers go out and buy the manga.

Also, i don't know why your bring up Akame ga kill, the author doesn't give the plots points for the rest of the current arc to the production team so they can animate it? :huh::huh::huh:
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Moon Banquet Festival was fine. Central arc following that was shit. Everything since Saiba's flashback has been fine also. Was it as good as the Autumn Election? Of course not, but it's far from the shit that was Central.

Honestly it's wishful thinking to expect 2 cours when almost no one even expected a S3 in the first place. If anything, the series is in a much worse position now than when S2 aired. If not do it then, then why now?
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
If Shokugeki's 3rd season is only one cour, unless they rush even more than last season, it'd only get up to the train to Hokkaido. That stretch is the worst of the series. There's no motive for a third season unless they want to get to the meatier bits: flashback arc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top