It could be selling a lot if production IG gets it. They can handle sports series well and looking at Haikyuu's boost in sales after it's anime is amazing. HQ vol. 1 sold 30kish in it's first week lol.
Haikyuu has the advantage of having attractive character designs that can easily appeal to the fujo audience. Hinomaru Zumou is a good manga, don't get me wrong, but the character designs aren't really a strong point, at least not in terms of marketability. It does fit sumo as a sport though.
"The Hinomaru manga will end soon." You know what, I don't believe you as it has been ending for an entire year according to you people. I'm not up to date with the chapters either.
I printed the picture out so I could see how the cover would look from varying distances and I can honestly say if you see that cover sitting on a shelf it looks like crumpled aluminum foil until you get really close to it.
Does anyone know a good site where I can buy them?? Or when are they gonna be sold? The article didn´t say anything about that, but looking at the picture it seems the release date for the first pack is July 15th?
The usual places like Amazon Japan will have them alongside CDJapan if you can't pay the import fees alongside AmiAmi which unfortunately closed its preorders for it.
What in the world happened to Maries Character Design her proportions are way out of wack. RxL's looks pretty good I really like the added detail on the putter.
I understand the overall intent of this design but the 3d stone texture takes away from the picture and messes up the focal point being Senkuu. The actual letters are hard to read as well. Marie's cover is better though that left leg is rather awkward. Robo's cover is good but kuroko will probably be front and center on the front wraparound anyway so its probably not as big a factor.
The cover itself shouldn't affect the sales as much as the wraparound should have a strong descriptor to grab people's attention but I wouldn't put that front and center on my shelf.
"The Hinomaru manga will end soon." You know what, I don't believe you as it has been ending for an entire year according to you people. I'm not up to date with the chapters either.
Thats because it's been in it's final tournament for a year... He's literally 1-2chs away from finishing his fight with the "final boss".
In regards to promotion, the Sumo association has supported it, massively so. Between matches, people walk around the ring with flags with ads on them, and HZ has been promoted on them quite a bit (I saw it myself when I watched sumo there and its what got me interested in the series). These are a big deal, and in HZ it's mentioned to be one of the greatest money makers of the sport. It also got a crossover manga with the sumo associations mascot who was a fairly new thing at the time.
Honestly, they have promoted the shit out of HZ with all that stuff + CPs and high magazine placements, yet the series is still selling exactly what it sold on volume 1. Literally 0 growth. Should it have an OVA at least? Of course. Would it's sales increase significantly with an anime? Most likely. But you can't deny the series' lack of ability to grow on its own despite being given ample opportunity to do so. Hell, WNL has already grown more in 3 weeks than HZ has in 3 yrs which says a lot.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.