Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
WSJ #39 Cover


Food Wars! Lead CP


Robot x Laserbeam CP


Black Clover Anime Designs

William Vengeance - Daisuke Ono
Mimosa Vermillion - Asuka Nishi
Klaus Lunette - Takuma Terashima

Food Wars! S3 and Black Clover premiere October 3rd.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
You would think that for a color page there would be more than just 2 or 3 colors lol
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Yuna also has CP this issue right? T_T
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Robot's colour page is embarassing and a waste of a colour page. They should have given it to Neverland or Kimetsu. They would have used more than 2 colours.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
It looks like most of you aren't, but I'm seriously bumped for Black Clover's anime! The more I see, the more I just want it to air already! The designs look great and the anime quality looks superb so far (please let it be good overall!)! I hope the fact that they got an anime means the manga will slow it down some and take its time. My only real complaint with it is that everything is resolved so fast, training is basically non-existent etc etc. The story, the characters, the setting...all of that is fantastic though.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
That RxL "colour page" is like a manga page with a red background, the author wanted to be minimalist?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It looks like most of you aren't, but I'm seriously bumped for Black Clover's anime! The more I see, the more I just want it to air already! The designs look great and the anime quality looks superb so far (please let it be good overall!)! I hope the fact that they got an anime means the manga will slow it down some and take its time. My only real complaint with it is that everything is resolved so fast, training is basically non-existent etc etc. The story, the characters, the setting...all of that is fantastic though.
I'm excited too, despite my feelings on the writing. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the world in colour, because the background and location art is one of the best things about Black Clover in my eyes.

Also just realised that they haven't revealed who is performing the OP or ED yet.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
How can a new series be unremarkable with a consecutive first toc position?

When was the last time this happened?
Since when did ranking prove something was remarkable?

Probably Black Clover. Says a lot really.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Robot's colour page is embarassing and a waste of a colour page. They should have given it to Neverland or Kimetsu. They would have used more than 2 colours.
Neverland does not need another color page, its been getting one every two weeks and its getting one in the next issue anyways.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since when did ranking prove something was remarkable?

Probably Black Clover. Says a lot really.
Probably not to you sir... But take that one as well: Dr. Stone is next week's cover =)

The problem with you guys is that way of thought: "If I don't like it, it's not good".
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I understand that but that doesn't negate the fact that Beelzebub had a sizeable fanbase that supported the series so why didn't they migrate to Hungry Marie?
Because Hungry Marie is terrible. There are limits for everything even for fanbase faithfulness. I honestly enjoy reading RxL and it is much much much much (repeat infinitely) better than Hungry Marie, adds Kuroko no Basket success and then we have a new success.

RxL color page is fine, the author was able to transmit the message. He wanted to say that the Robot & company are fired up and for that red should be the predominant color.

Awesome color page for Shokugeki no Soma as well. :zomg
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It looks like most of you aren't, but I'm seriously bumped for Black Clover's anime! The more I see, the more I just want it to air already! The designs look great and the anime quality looks superb so far (please let it be good overall!)! I hope the fact that they got an anime means the manga will slow it down some and take its time. My only real complaint with it is that everything is resolved so fast, training is basically non-existent etc etc. The story, the characters, the setting...all of that is fantastic though.
I'm really only interested in the anime because I want to see if SP can improve upon the source material beyond just adding motion and color. Also a good way to refresh my memory on the series.

I think part of the reason why it's pacing is so fast is because Tabata has to constantly introduce new developments to keep thing "fresh", otherwise things would get boring fast.

Probably not to you sir... But take that one as well: Dr. Stone is next week cover =)
Just because something gets a cover or color page doesn't mean it's good. Rankings and such aren't black and white, editorial pushing is a thing, probably now more than ever.

The problem with you guys is that way of thought: "If I don't like it, it's not good".
Nah, Black Clover really is unremarkable. It hasn't really done anything unique or well executed in the 120 chapters so far.

RxL color page is fine, the author was able to transmit the message. He wanted to say that the Robot & company are fired up and for that red should be the predominant color
More like red is the only color.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm really only interested in the anime because I want to see if SP can improve upon the source material beyond just adding motion and color. Also a good way to refresh my memory on the series.

I think part of the reason why it's pacing is so fast is because Tabata has to constantly introduce new developments to keep thing "fresh", otherwise things would get boring fast.


Just because something gets a cover or color page doesn't mean it's good. Rankings and such aren't black and white, editorial pushing is a thing, probably now more than ever.


Nah, Black Clover really is unremarkable. It hasn't really done anything unique or well executed in the 120 chapters so far.



More like red is the only color.
Anime too? Zumou is trying to understand your logic

And again: Unremarkable FOR YOU. Still getting better positions than pretty much all other series you guys like except the blockbusters (sometimes, surpassing them like this week). Still selling more. Still feeding on hate =)

<-- Still venerating veterans
 
Last edited:

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
SP just pulled some bullshit and dropped the flashback of the Five Kage meeting in the recent Boruto episode for filler/extended scenes and idk if they'll touch back on it. Fans of the show should always be weary with these people. The character designing has always been on point, as well as their music selection. Anime-only fans will probably enjoy the anime more than manga readers so it's hope. But damn they're showing a lot of characters, like what 20 at least so far? It really does seem like it'll be a 50 episode long runner.

Should mention Rindo on that cover.... it's a struggle picking between her and Erina. Truly the best things about Food Wars
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I am tempted to read Food Wars every time I see an image of Rindou. That's how you know a design is strong.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm really only interested in the anime because I want to see if SP can improve upon the source material beyond just adding motion and color.
Yeah, like, I really wanted Pierrot to drop a Naruto sequel to make this their next long running shonen. If it ends up being at least 50 episodes, they better add non-canon moments as well. I hate the fact that it has to be a faithful adaptation, which will make it even more crap.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
But damn they're showing a lot of characters, like what 20 at least so far? It really does seem like it'll be a 50 episode long runner.
All the characters so far are from the first 20 chapters. They're still missing another dozen or so. There were a lot of introductions at the start.
Is the premier date usually reveled before the number of episodes that will be aired?
I feel like this is always the case. We don't know the number of episodes Shokugeki will have either.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Black Clover Anime Designs

William Vengeance - Daisuke Ono
Mimosa Vermillion - Asuka Nishi
Klaus Lunette - Takuma Terashima

Food Wars! S3 and Black Clover premiere October 3rd.
So the time slot Black Clover will debut in (Tues @ 6:25pm) currently runs Lego Friends, and was the first timeslot for Pokemon and Bleach.

Main Visual for the anime will be revealed next week.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So the time slot Black Clover will debut in (Tues @ 6:25pm) currently runs Lego Friends, and was the first timeslot for Pokemon and Bleach.

Main Visual for the anime will be revealed next week.
HOLD UP!!!!!! There's a show called Lego Friends? how come I never heard of this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top