Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah man, a manga publication that has been active for 50 years can only survive because of one single title.
Well 50 years is stupid but nowadays? I don't know, maybe jump sells "that much" weekly MAJORLY because op?
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
The director is doing Black Clover so that might not happen.

Jump hasn't announced any new manga getting anime this year yet, so probably an announcement for Kimetsu, YnY, or Hinomaru at Jump Festa, JSAF or in the magazine sometime before the end of the year. Maybe even Neverland for just a special, although I doubt that.
Still waiting on:
- Kimetsu popularity poll results
- Gintama final popularity poll results
- MHA 3rd popularity poll results
- JSAF 2017 anime specials reveal
Kimetsu's anime I believe will be announced before Jump Fiesta.
In Jump Fiesta can happen to Yuragi to win anime and Neverland to win an OVA. Now Hinomaru I almost have no more hopes for an anime.
I think PSYREN is more likely to win anime.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Yeah man, a manga publication that has been active for 50 years can only survive because of one single title.
At this point, OP is the only "pillar" of WSJ. There hasn't been anything recently that have come close to having the success as OP.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm a sucker for minimalism, so MHA has the best cover to me
And I'm the troll haha
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
At this point, OP is the only "pillar" of WSJ. There hasn't been anything recently that have come close to having the success as OP.
You betcha!

Anybody still reads saiki?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kimetsu's anime I believe will be announced before Jump Fiesta.
In Jump Fiesta can happen to Yuragi to win anime and Neverland to win an OVA. Now Hinomaru I almost have no more hopes for an anime.
I think PSYREN is more likely to win anime.
Kimetsu - Shaft/Bones/Sunrise
Neverland - Madhouse/Wit
Hinomaru - Production IG
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At this point, OP is the only "pillar" of WSJ. There hasn't been anything recently that have come close to having the success as OP.
That goes for manga in general, its called being an abnormality. Still doesn't negate the fact that a single title can sustain a magazine for so long especially when its been dropping in sales despite it.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
That goes for manga in general, its called being an abnormality. Still doesn't negate the fact that a single title can sustain a magazine for so long especially when its been dropping in sales despite it.
And this is the point of the conversation you've lost me.

Seriously, I gave you a reason we're talking about BnHA and not BC or SnS: It's a fresh thing to talk/complain/gloat about with it's low ranking. We've ran the course with BC and SnS multiple times now.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ok, now seriously... A new Black Clover's trailer, when???
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Ok, now seriously... A new Black Clover's trailer, when???
When the anime is running mid-season, given how long it took to even announce a proper date and make one since the first announcement:bob
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Kimetsu - Shaft/Bones/Sunrise
Neverland - Madhouse/Wit
Hinomaru - Production IG
god please hear this man.

That goes for manga in general, its called being an abnormality. Still doesn't negate the fact that a single title can sustain a magazine for so long especially when its been dropping in sales despite it.
It can when it alone sells pretty much more than all other succesfull (and not on hiatus :V) series combined DESPITE the sales dropping.

Ok, now seriously... A new Black Clover's trailer, when???
I want OP AND END info!
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Never been a fan of Naruto but i want a new Jump battle series to be so popular and dominant that we can have an online experience like the Obito reveal again.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Rica_Patin you should read Uratarou... But be warned it's a REALLY mental and disturbing series.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Deep down inside I want Toei to animate Hinomaru and Pierrot to animate Kimetsu to read you guys' reactions. Still mad about no TENGU WINGS for Yuragi's cover, feelsbad.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Deep down inside I want Toei to animate Hinomaru and Pierrot to animate Kimetsu to read you guys' reactions. Still mad about no TENGU WINGS for Yuragi's cover, feelsbad.

No, that's just cruel. I said Toei should animate HZ but that was before I read HZ. Pierrot already got Boruto/BC so I think we're safe, although Toei will get their hands on at least of these new titles sadly. I hope it's not Kimetsu or HZ.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yeh... there's no way Shueisha would let HZ continue if they weren't planning on an anime. It literally could have ended with a perfect ending by now, so I think we can almost take this as an anime announcement.
 

calimike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
349
Reaction score
422
Gender
Male
Country
United States
HxH hiatus again?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top