Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
All chapters of Yuragi except the most recent ones were removed from Batoto. I think its definitely been licensed now. unless it's a mistake or something
Though WEH didn't get its chapters taken down, so..
Same for Gintama, so I think it might just be something else, unless Viz has decided to resume the series.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
This number contain also deluxe edition and bunko edition.




It's me or Golem Hearts MC has his hair grown longer than in oneshot?

He looks somewhat more artificial than in oneshot.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
BnHA s3 teaser


no twitter sketch from Hori to commemorate the final episode, I hope we get something on Monday
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
MHA's finale was great, like the villains' VAs in this one, the dialogue and animation was on point. Always liked when anime staffs use either the OP or ED as an ost during the show as well. Sports festival was what really attracted me to this series but the next two arcs... future blessings to anime-onlys for what's to come.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
same as his twitter handle

anyway, your user name reminded me, the second part of Togashi's oneshot is coming in October

the first part was all set up so I'm looking forward to the actual gameplay
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I think Horikoshi's health problem is more serious than we thought. Maybe that's why the rankings have fallen, the editors know that his pace will not improve anytime soon. Maybe BnHA is neutral now, just like they did with World Trigger.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shueisha should start to require medical exams before serializing, the old guys are healthier than those 25~ years old guys.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I think Horikoshi's health problem is more serious than we thought. Maybe that's why the rankings have fallen, the editors know that his pace will not improve anytime soon. Maybe BnHA is neutral now, just like they did with World Trigger.
Well if his author comment for this issue is anything to go by:
[度々休載してしまい申し訳ありません!
今年に入ってからボロボロで情けない…]

TL: "I'm very sorry for all the breaks! Since this year began I've become rather worn-out. Its rather pathetic..."
That's the kind of nuance it has and this week's chapter was also 17 pages so its longer than before but still not at the norm of 19 pages.

Though to be honest, even Naruto, OP and the like would take the occasional break around this time. Naruto took around 2 breaks back in 2003 besides the magazine breaks. HxH though was regularly taking breaks back then. In 2003, it was regularly placed in the back half of the magazine. Looking purely at the rankings, you would think it was in trouble. On the other hand, it was a million seller so it was in no trouble at all.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shueisha should start to require medical exams before serializing, the old guys are healthier than those 25~ years old guys.
mangakas ages

Tabata =33
Ikemoto = 40
Boichi = 44
tosh = 32
Gorilla = 38
Furudate =34
Tamura = 37
Togashi = 51
Nakama = 27
Gotouge = 29
Hori = 31
Oda = 42
Posuka = 29
Fujimaki = 35
Asou = 32
Yoko = 31
Hasegawa = 27
Ashihara = 36
Ouishi = 35


I couldn't find info on Date, Kawada, Tsutsui and Tadahiro
but I highly suspect that Kawada is pretty young
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
mangakas ages

Tabata =33
Ikemoto = 40
Boichi = 44
tosh = 32
Gorilla = 38
Furudate =34
Tamura = 37
Togashi = 51
Nakama = 27
Gotouge = 29
Hori = 31
Oda = 42
Posuka = 29
Fujimaki = 35
Asou = 32
Yoko = 31
Hasegawa = 27
Ashihara = 36
Ouishi = 35


I couldn't find info on Date, Kawada, Tsutsui and Tadahiro
but I highly suspect that Kawada is pretty young
Kawada is supposedly 32-33 as he was said to be 30 back in 2015 according to a list compiled on mangaka ages on 2ch.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
oh, wow

I assumed he would be young since Hinomaru is his first series ever
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed on this forum that people are unsure of whether Furudate is a male or female. When I was flicking through the manga's preview on amazon Viz Media refers to the author as a man. Can we assume this is accurate?
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The current Jump is "old".
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've noticed on this forum that people are unsure of whether Furudate is a male or female. When I was flicking through the manga's preview on amazon Viz Media refers to the author as a man. Can we assume this is accurate?
I don't know about other people, but I never had any doubt that he is male.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The current Jump is "old".
Genki Ono (Fulldrive) was 17 when he participated in the newcomers treasure award in 2011
which means he's 23 now
so that's young for you
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
mangakas ages

Tabata =33
Ikemoto = 40
Boichi = 44
tosh = 32
Gorilla = 38
Furudate =34
Tamura = 37
Togashi = 51
Nakama = 27
Gotouge = 29
Hori = 31
Oda = 42
Posuka = 29
Fujimaki = 35
Asou = 32
Yoko = 31
Hasegawa = 27
Ashihara = 36
Ouishi = 35


I couldn't find info on Date, Kawada, Tsutsui and Tadahiro
but I highly suspect that Kawada is pretty young
Kawada has a daughter. I don't think he's that young but it's possible.

How'd you find out Gotouge's age? (female, right?)
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire


was 24 in 2013, not really rocket science

I don't know whether the author is male or female
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell


was 24 in 2013, not really rocket science

I don't know whether the author is male or female
Is that his previous work/one-shot? Looks cool.

I think someone posted it here and also commented that she's pretty. I forgot who posted it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
that's Kimetsu's pilot

http://jumpbookstore.com/client_inf....html?tw=2&lin=1&cid=SHSA_ST01MOL013114001_57

the person that posted that was quoting a guy at 2ch who said they met her in Jump Festa, we have no evidence that the 2ch poster isn't lying
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
hey guys! you wanna a good laugh?

Golem Hearts mangaka was one of these poor bastards



Koko dake no himitsuby : Iwamoto Naoki is missing
DAME GAME : artist drew Garçon which is dead
Kachigumi! : not published yet, this was author latest work
Iron Knight : dead
Yoakemono : dead
Jorei Senshi Kitamakura-kun: not published yet, this was author latest work
Kaizou Ningen Rogii : dead
Kaibutsu Kangoku : Golem Hearts dude
Stealth Symphony : dead
Parasite B : became Mitsukubi Condor which is dead
EGG KNOCKER: author writes BnHA Vigilante now
Shippuu no Nakayoshi: author did Flying Darwin oneshot last year which was published twice but still not serialize

JUMP BATTLE SHONEN FUTURE!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top